Thread: Breanna Gray (19) of covid

Breanna Gray (19) of covid

The regretful mother of an unvaccinated college student from Texas who died of COVID-19 last month said she should have "forced" her daughter to get the jab, according to FOX 4.

Breanna Gray was set to become a freshman at Navarro College in September but fell ill on July 31 and was hospitalized a week later.

The 19-year-old had no underlying health conditions and had decided not to take a COVID-19 vaccine.

Two weeks after the Texas teen was admitted to the hospital, her condition worsened and soon after, she was told by doctors she had to be put on a ventilator.

Her mother, Tabitha Gray, told FOX 4 that the last time she spoke to her daughter, she tried to calm her down over the phone.

"You just hear her screaming through the mask for me, and that was the last time," Tabitha said, according to FOX 4. "And the last voice I heard is her yelling for me in her mask."

"For me, not being there to help my baby or be there is the worst feeling in the entire world," Tabitha added.

Gray's entire household was unvaccinated, which led to all of them contracting the virus at around the same time. However, only the teen ended up in the hospital.

The teen had sent pictures of herself in the hospital bed, hoping she would survive. She died on August 19.

Gray's mother said that societal pressure from nearby friends and family influenced their decision to remain unvaccinated.

"I feel like it's my fault," Tabitha said, according to FOX 4. "I should've forced it."

"I shouldn't have let other people in my head or life get to me," Tabitha said. "I should've done what I needed to do to protect my family."

Gray was described as "the light in the room everywhere she went on a memorial website." Her dream was to own a beauty salon after college.

Since Breanna's death, Gray's family have received their first COVID-19 vaccine and are booked in for their second appointment later this month.

More than 174.6 million Americans - 52.6% of the population - have been fully vaccinated, according to the CDC.

https://news.yahoo.com/mother-colleg...090100015.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    You know that expression, "If someone is looking under the bed, it means they've been there before"?

I've come to the conclusion that this is exactly what the far right are doing. They won't take the vaccine because they believe it's "The Left and the Gubment Forcing us to do what they want" when in reality it's educated people trying to handle a public health crisis. The only reason they'd think that it's "The left forcing them to do what they want them to do" is because the conservatives have been (AND STILL ARE... I SEE YOU SB8) trying to force everyone to live by their "standards".

I still have zero sympathy. You played stupid games and won stupid prizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I asked a girl this age if she was vaccinated, and she straight up lied to me and said yes, even though she wasnt. Then she proceeded to tell me the second shot lessens your ability to fight the infection. Bottom line: teenagers are dumb and their parents need to get them to get the vaccine.

She also has asthma and on the day I talked to her, she couldnt smell anything. If she gave me Covid I will be pissed.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I asked a girl this age if she was vaccinated, and she straight up lied to me and said yes, even though she wasnt. Then she proceeded to tell me the second shot lessens your ability to fight the infection. Bottom line: teenagers are dumb and their parents need to get them to get the vaccine.
    Most of the parents are the ones convincing the teenagers not to get the vaccine. Remember the lady in TN that got fired because she reminded teens that they could get the vaccine against their parent's permission if they wanted to? I have heard of some teens going to get it on their own, against their parents' wishes, but for the most part the kids will follow what their parents are doing vaccine-wise.

Also, from the original article, if you are making health decisions based on peer pressure then maybe this is an Evolution thing because humanity doesn't need those dumb genes in the future gene pool.

I obviously have been thinking about this. A whole lot. And I have such feelings. I was one of the people harassing my doc to see about getting the vaccine on day -12. Got mom her shot as soon as she was eligible, will get a booster asap. But I've certainly made poor health decisions in my life. Didn't get that Mamogram when I should have, am putting off a colonoscopy even as we speak, eat too much, and so on. But I have to believe if I had reason to believe my choices would hurt someone I loved or even someone I hated, I'd bite the bullet and get the shot. You know darn well that if Mom had taken it seriously, the daughter probably would have too. You load everybody up in the van and tell them we're getting the shot, then going for ice cream and we'll stay home pop popcorn, and watch Netflix if we have a reaction... and it probably wouldn't have been an issue.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I obviously have been thinking about this. A whole lot. And I have such feelings. I was one of the people harassing my doc to see about getting the vaccine on day -12. Got mom her shot as soon as she was eligible, will get a booster asap. But I've certainly made poor health decisions in my life. Didn't get that Mamogram when I should have, am putting off a colonoscopy even as we speak, eat too much, and so on. But I have to believe if I had reason to believe my choices would hurt someone I loved or even someone I hated, I'd bite the bullet and get the shot. You know darn well that if Mom had taken it seriously, the daughter probably would have too. You load everybody up in the van and tell them we're getting the shot, then going for ice cream and we'll stay home pop popcorn, and watch Netflix if we have a reaction... and it probably wouldn't have been an issue.
    This is why my thoughts on this are diffrent. I've also not gotten the mammogram or colonoscopy and even wellness checks until last year. Granted, this has been because I don't have insurance and that's a whole other story, BUT. None of those things affected anyone but me. At least physically.

Getting the vaccine is FREE and not getting one endangers not just yourself, but everyone around you. Including ME. So I guess that's where my line was drawn where my empathy is concerned.

I have ALWAYS been an empathetic person, almost to a fault. Part of the reason why I'm even here on this forum was to let off the empathetic steam with morbid humor and some kind of temperance against the "world being on my shoulders" ALL of the time. Empaths would understand how if we didn't look for places and avenues to temper it that we'd all be complete toast. Honestly, if it weren't for here and people that understand me as an empath I'd be some unkown article on here as a suicide off the Colorado Street Bridge (disclaimer, not saying that this can't still happen, but thanks to you and others it probably won't).

The fact of the matter is that this isn't about being worried about what a vaccine will do to you, it's following the teachings of a cult based on politics. It was fun looking at groups like "Heaven's Gate" from the outside and wondering why they do what they do. But now there's a cult that is adversely affecting EVERYONE in the WORLD by their actions and when it comes to that.

THEY CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES.

Don't be taking me and other innocents along for your crazy town ride. And don't be surprised when I don't have sympathy when you die before taking even more of us.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 09-04-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Agreed on all of this.

I also have an issue with all of these deaths where the family says their loved one was "just about to get the shot". This vaccine has been available to everyone teen age and up for almost 4 months now. They have been begging people to take it. There is no scarcity or shortage of vaccine, and there are plenty of organizations willing to take you to the shot clinic or even bring it to you. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Agreed on all of this.

I also have an issue with all of these deaths where the family says their loved one was "just about to get the shot". This vaccine has been available to everyone teen age and up for almost 4 months now. They have been begging people to take it. There is no scarcity or shortage of vaccine, and there are plenty of organizations willing to take you to the shot clinic or even bring it to you. Sorry, I don't buy it.
    yeah there are lots of excuses, but that's what they are. Excuses.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I have a colonosopy scheduled, but I can't drink that prep. Not even mixed with juice. I've never had a mammogram either
    I made sure to get the vaccine because I'm fat. It's much easier to do the shot than to lose weight.

After the super spreader event my husband's family is getting vaxxed. My cousin is having a trach put in, and I had to explain to my aunt that it doesn't mean that she will get better. It's a shame too, she's very young. Her mom died before 55, her sister before 30. It's so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I have a colonosopy scheduled, but I can't drink that prep. Not even mixed with juice. I've never had a mammogram either
    I made sure to get the vaccine because I'm fat. It's much easier to do the shot than to lose weight.

After the super spreader event my husband's family is getting vaxxed. My cousin is having a trach put in, and I had to explain to my aunt that it doesn't mean that she will get better. It's a shame too, she's very young. Her mom died before 55, her sister before 30. It's so sad.
    Does your doctor(s) not nag you to death? I think you and I are about the same age and my doctors MADE me go get my mammo starting at 40. I am getting ready to do a colonoscopy, with the new guidelines my insurance finally started covering it for me even though I am several years less than 50. I love both my gyn and PCP, and they are good about me being fat and other issues, but they insist I get my required screenings and vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Does your doctor(s) not nag you to death? I think you and I are about the same age and my doctors MADE me go get my mammo starting at 40. I am getting ready to do a colonoscopy, with the new guidelines my insurance finally started covering it for me even though I am several years less than 50. I love both my gyn and PCP, and they are good about me being fat and other issues, but they insist I get my required screenings and vaccines.
    Yeah. My PCP refused to sign off on my cataract surgery until I went for the follow-up mammogram I'd been avoiding. Probably saved my life...

Yeah. My PCP refused to sign off on my cataract surgery until I went for the follow-up mammogram I'd been avoiding. Probably saved my life...
    I remember you telling that story. It was 'fortuitous' that you had that surgery.

It's a PITA, but I'm kind of glad my docs make me get the screenings. I probably wouldn't be so pushed, but I don't want to hear them nag when I go in, lol.

Thread Information