https://nypost.com/2020/09/17/milwau...-remote-class/

Milwaukee schoolkids tuned in to a remote-learning class overheard a woman being shot to death, allegedly by her brother.

While the students were attending the virtual class on Sept. 11, one pupil's microphone picked up the sound of gunfire inside their home, prompting the teacher to call 911, ABC affiliate WISN-12 reported, citing the local medical examiner's office.

When cops arrived at the home on West Silver Spring Drive, they found Michelle Blackmon, 52, lying dead in the kitchen with two gunshot wounds to the head, the report said.

Blackmon's sister told responding officers that she heard the gunfire and saw their brother, Mario Stokes, leave the home.

'I'm on my way to the police to turn myself in,' said Stokes, 45, according to a criminal complaint.

Indeed, Stokes soon walked into a nearby police station and told the desk sergeant that 'his sister no longer existed, that he did it and that he used a .380,' WISN reported, citing the complaint.

Stokes was charged with one count each of first-degree reckless homicide with a dangerous weapon and possession of a firearm.

In 2014, Stokes was found not guilty of charges of disorderly conduct and possessing a gun by a felon by reason of mental disease or defect, according to the report.

He appeared in court Tuesday via video conference and was ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation, though it wasn't immediately clear whether he entered a plea.

It was also unclear how the student ' who was uninjured ' is related to Stokes and Blackmon.

School districts across the country have turned partly or entirely to remote learning to start the new academic year with the coronavirus still raging.

In New York City, that process has gotten off to a rocky start, with parents facing trouble logging their kids into classes, uncommunicative teachers and the Department of Education reneging on a guarantee that students opting for blended learning would receive live remote-learning sessions.