https://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news...-by-2-brothers

PONTIAC (WXYZ) ? Omar Harland had been telling loved ones that he was going to be in much better health after surgery for a pacemaker, but the Army veteran had to take blood thinner medication before that to resolve some clots.

Then, just five days before his 53rd birthday, Harland was attacked in Pontiac by two brothers who jumped out of a pickup truck and launched a deadly assault.

"This was not supposed to happen. This was not supposed to be the way he left here," said Celica Thomas, one of Harland's seven children. "He was Teflon."

But on Sept. 2, detectives with the Oakland County Sheriff's Office say 47-year-old Steven Porter and his brother, 51-year-old Sean Porter, were near Baldwin Boulevard and Poplar Avenue when they both jumped out of a silver pickup truck and attacked Harlan who had been walking on Baldwin.

Right about the same time, a woman who had been in the pickup truck with the Porter brothers also jumped out and began to assault and rob a friend of Harland's.

Detectives said 43-year-old Angela Marie Sabo stole the woman's purse with $30 inside of it and they left.

But not long after deputies arrived at the scene, the woman who had been robbed spotted the suspects driving by and alerted deputies who were able to stop them.

Deputies located $30 on the backseat of the vehicle. The purse was not located.

Omar Harland was taken to a nearby hospital, and the three suspects were placed under arrest.

Sabo was charged with unarmed robbery.

Initially, the Porter brothers were each charged with Assault with Intent to Do Great Bodily Harm. But because Harland died two days after the attack, charges against the brothers are expected to be elevated and could include murder.

We're told the brothers may have been acquainted with Harland, but it's unclear why they allegedly attacked him.

"I never had to go through anything like this before," said Harland's oldest daughter, Celica. "The only thing we can hope for is getting justice for my father because I don't know what else I'm supposed to do."