Thread: Katelynn Bastedo (15) 23 weeks pregnant Missing from Longview

Katelynn Bastedo (15) 23 weeks pregnant Missing from Longview

November 18, 2015 1:30 pm - By Sarah Grothjan

A 15-year-old Longview girl who is 23 weeks pregnant has been missing since Monday, and her father is afraid she may leave town.

Michael Bastedo, 53, said he believes his daughter, Katelynn Bastedo, has run away with her boyfriend, David Fitch. She was last seen at Mark Morris High School walking with a man whom Bastedo believes to be David.

Bastedo said he's worried because his daughter - in addition to being a high-risk pregnancy because of her age - has the mental capacity of an 8-year-old. He said he fears she may leave town with David, who told Katelynn's friend he was saving money for a bus ticket.

Katelynn met David a year ago while attending R.A. Long High School, but Bastedo said he transferred his daughter to Mark Morris High School after her freshman year to distance her from the boy, who now is 18.

Longview Police Capt. Robert Huhta said Katelynn's disappearance is considered a runaway case. Longview police have performed numerous checks, including searching David's home on three occasions. He said the boy and his family have been cooperative.

Police are following up on leads daily and have received multiple calls about possible sightings, Huhta said.

Keith Fitch, David's father, said Wednesday that he didn't know Katelynn was missing until police showed up at his door.

"(Katelynn's) dad has been doing everything to put our son in jail," he said.

David's mother, Robin Fitch, said drama has ensued since Katelynn's family discovered she's pregnant. She said her son has not heard from Katelynn since last Thursday, when she contacted him from a friend's phone.

"My son has been home, and the cops have been out here ... and they've looked everywhere," she said. "I know she's not here because (the cops) checked here, and I've checked here. She's not here. I'd know if she were here."

Robin Fitch said she and her son also are worried about Katelynn's whereabouts.

"I'd like to know where she's at and if she's OK myself," she said.

Robin Fitch said this isn't the first time Katelynn has run away. She's twice left home and come to the Fitches', at which point Robin Fitch said she took her back to her own home.

'It's not like we're not complying with the police. We are," she said.

Bastedo said he doesn't believe their story.

"When they sit here and tell me "She's not here. She's not here.' ... They're lying ..." he said.

Bastedo, who was nearly in tears on Wednesday, said he's been hanging flyers of his daughter around town.

"I'm going to lose my child if I don't do something desperate," he said.

http://tdn.com/news/local/pregnant-l...34491c2f7.html
    Last edited by luvit; 12-19-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Fb

https://m.facebook.com/katelynn.fitc...urce=typeahead

Who's the guy in the pix posted 14 Nov? David?

Edit - yep

https://m.facebook.com/davidfitch1122?fref=pb

Edit 2 & another 2 for her

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010279772516

This one looks like it hasn't been used for 2 yrs

https://m.facebook.com/katelynn.bast...friends_search
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-19-2015 at 09:53 PM.

a 15 year old with the mentality of an 8 yr old and pregnant too. This whole thing is heartbreaking.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    a 15 year old with the mentality of an 8 yr old and pregnant too. This whole thing is heartbreaking.
    I was just thinking the same thing. Kinda disgusting if you ask me. Hope she is safe, wherever she is.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

I wonder if the boy has a disability also? , if he doesn't this is really twisted.

Why no silver alert ? Surely she qualifies ?!
    https://m.facebook.com/Help-Bring-Ka...63253/?fref=nf
    Last edited by Kelly-Jane; 11-23-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Edit

Derp. Wrong kid. - but yes, why the hell no silver alert? I hope the boyfriend is special needs, this is even more of a worry if he's not.
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-23-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Not sure if this has already been shared (apologies if so), but here is a FB page she set up calling herself "Katelynn Marie Fitch":

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010279772516

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    By the looks of it, ol Davey has 2 other kids with another young looking girl from last year that looks to be a bit special too. I tried scrolling down further, but he got 5 thousand pets in 2014 and it was taking too long.

Her possibly being slow is only a personal observation based on posts. I could seriously be wrong and I'm sorry if I am
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Pregnant teen still missing one week laterhttp://tdn.com/news/local/pregnant-t...6124bba52.html

A Longview teenager who is 24 weeks pregnant has now been been missing for more than a week, and her parents said Monday she may have fled to Iowa.

Katelynn Bastedo, 15, was last seen at Mark Morris High School on Monday, Nov. 16. Michael Bastedo, Katelynn’s father, said he believes his daughter initially left home to be with her 18-year-old boyfriend, David Fitch, who acknowledges he is the father of Katelynn’s unborn child.

Now the Bastedos are worried their daughter may have taken a bus to Iowa to stay with David’s relative. Michael Bastedo said Monday his wife, AnnaMarie Bastedo, received a call from a Mark Morris student who told the family Katelynn is in Iowa. They didn’t know how she may have gone to Iowa.

Katelynn, whose pregnancy is considered high risk, has missed two medical appointments since leaving home. Michael Bastedo said Katelynn has reduced mental capacity. Katelynn and her older brother both were born a month early, and AnnaMarie Bastedo said she is worried Katelynn also could go into labor early.

Katelynn also has a heart condition that could complicate the pregnancy, but AnnaMarie Bastedo couldn’t elaborate.

“We don’t know what to do,” she said of finding her daughter.

Robin Fitch, David’s mother, said she hasn’t seen or heard from Katelynn, and her son hasn’t left home. David Fitch said he hasn’t heard from his girlfriend since she disappeared, and he doesn’t know where she might have gone.

“I’m really worried about her. I don’t know where she’s at,” he said. “I just wish she would message me telling me she’s OK at least.”

He said girlfriend told him about a month ago that she wanted to run away to escape trouble at home.

Michael Bastedo acknowledged that he and his daughter’s relationship has been strained since his daughter met Fitch last year during her freshman year of high school.

“We battled. She wouldn’t listen to anything I said,” Michael Bastedo said Monday.

To cope with his daughter’s disappearance, Michael Bastedo said he’s taking three weeks off work to focus on finding Katelynn.

But AnnaMarie Bastedo said they’re not sure where to begin looking.

“I have to stay strong,” she said. “I have to realize we will get her back sooner or later.

Michael Bastedo said he’d like his daughter to know they can work things out if she returns home.

“If I would’ve known (Katelynn) was going to leave, I would’ve worked it out somehow,” he said. “I don’t want my kid gone for the rest of my life over a kid that we don’t like. This can be worked out.”

Longview police were unavailable to comment Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Best news I've had all day !

15 year old pregnant

Just letting you guys know yes he has a disability and the girl is safe and sound with her family in a different county

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyneedstoknow View Post
    Just letting you guys know yes he has a disability and the girl is safe and sound with her family in a different county
    Thank you for the update.

Thread Information