Thread: Alissa Turney (17) missing since May 2001

Alissa Turney (17) missing since May 2001

I thought we had a thread on this, but I can't find anything.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/19-years-t...ry?id=72528835

Nearly two decades after 17-year-old Alissa Turney disappeared, Phoenix police have arrested the man believed to be responsible for her death.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-14-2022 at 06:42 AM.

https://truecrimedaily.com/2020/08/2...alissa-turney/

Phoenix cold case: Stepdad arrested in 2001 disappearance of Alissa Turney

PHOENIX (KNXV) -- Officials have made an arrest in the cold case of Alissa Turney, a 17-year-old girl who went missing in 2001.

The Maricopa County Attorney's Office announced second-degree murder charges against Alissa's stepfather, Michael Roy Turney, according to a press conference Thursday.

Alissa went missing at the end of the school year in 2001 and was first reported as a runaway by Michael Turney, who called in a runaway report, telling authorities Alissa had left a note saying she was going to California.

In 2008, officials began a criminal investigation into Alissa's disappearance, and officials conducted 200 interviews with coworkers, friends, and family. Authorities conducting a search warrant on Michael Turney's residence discovered a bombing plot. Turney admitted that he illegally possessed 26 pipe bombs. Turney took a plea deal and served 10 years in prison in the bombing plot, unrelated to Alissa's disappearance.

Turney was arrested Thursday afternoon by police in Mesa in connection to her presumed death. Police did not release further details in the case. Alissa's missing person case remains open until "recovery is made," according to officials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

There was a video her sister posted of Alissa saying "dad's a pervert" and then the dad throws a shoe at her and tells her sister to turn off the camera. It was very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/26/u...tml?0p19G=0232

She Sought Justice on TikTok. Now Her Father Is Charged With Homicide.

Alissa Turney disappeared in 2001, when she was 17. Her younger sister, Sarah Turney, has been investigating the case on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/...-half-of-2023/

Arizona v. Michael Turney: For prosecutors, this trial was more than two decades in the making. Defendant Michael Turney was arrested back in 2020 for allegedly killing his stepdaughter Alissa Turney and causing her 2001 disappearance. “I’m shaking and I’m crying,” Alissa’s sister Sarah Turney wrote after the arrest. “We did it you guys. He’s been arrested.” The charge is second-degree murder. Trial is scheduled to begin March 13, 2023.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Good.

We missing the update.

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/col...er-a-rcna94830

All charges dismissed against Michael Turney in connection with 17-year-old stepdaughter Alissa Turney’s 2001 disappearance in Phoenix, Arizona

Defense attorney Olivia Hicks argued that the state did not present any physical evidence that Alissa Turney is dead and their client caused her death. In response to the defense’s motion, Deputy County Attorney Vince Imbordino told the judge that Alissa Turney had been a 17-year-old girl with family and friends, prized possessions and she would have been in contact if she had been alive.

Judge Sam Myers ruled in favor of the defense and the jurors were relieved of their duty. All charges in the case against Michael Turney have been dismissed and he was released from custody on Tuesday, July 18.

After the dismissal, one of the defense attorneys conveyed a statement from Turney to the media. “He is happy that the judge saw it his way. He’s excited that he’ll be able to get out of custody,” Jamie Jackson said. “He is obviously still very concerned about the case and Alissa and trying to find who actually killed her.”
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ges-rcna127059

An Arizona man was cleared in his stepdaughter’s disappearance. His son is convinced he’s guilty.

Thread Information