Thread: Courtney Pandolfi (40) accused of killing Pregnant Woman, Yesenia Lisette Aguilar (23), in a Hit and Run

Courtney Pandolfi (40) accused of killing Pregnant Woman, Yesenia Lisette Aguilar (23), in a Hit and Run

ANAHEIM, Calif. (KTLA) ? A pregnant woman was killed and her baby is now being treated in the hospital after she was hit by a car while walking on an Anaheim sidewalk with her husband Tuesday, officials said.

The baby was removed from the mother?s body and was being treated in a neonatal intensive care unit., Anaheim police Sgt. Shane Carringer said. The woman was believed to be 35 weeks pregnant, he said.

Police responded to a call regarding a traffic collision around 7:37 p.m., according to Sgt. Jon Yepes of the Anaheim Police Department.

Authorities determined a white Jeep jumped the curb and struck the pregnant woman, who was walking with her husband.

The unidentified woman was taken to a hospital and was initially listed in critical conditions before being pronounced dead, according to police. She was 23 years old, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Her husband was not injured, officials said.

The woman driving the Jeep was suspected to be under the influence and was transported to a hospital with minor to moderate injuries, officials said. She has two prior DUIs and was driving with a suspended license, Carringer said.

Police later identified her as 40-year-old Courtney Pandolfi, of Garden Grove, California.

David Orozco, who witnessed the incident, said he heard a loud boom and saw the pregnant woman?s head ?was banged up.?

?The husband was, I think, checking her pulse and when he checked, he screamed,? Orozco said.

The area where the incident happened was closed while authorities examined the scene.
    https://fox5sandiego.com/news/califo...-hospitalized/

Yesenia Lisette Aguilar, 23, died shortly after motorist Courtney Pandolfi, 40, lost control of her vehicle at 7:37pm on Katella Avenue and Bayless Street

I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Throw away the keys!

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Throw away the keys!
    You spelled "beat the shit out of that drunk twat" wrong.

Rest in Peace, Courtney. This wasn't an "accident". She intentionally drank, drove, and fucked up. Stupid bitch. Hope she dies, too.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

https://abc7.com/husband-speaks-out-...in-oc/6368306/

Now James Alvarez the now widower of Yesenia Lisette Aguilar speaks on the incident.

ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A heartbroken husband is speaking out after his pregnant wife was fatally struck by a DUI suspect in Anaheim.

Yesenia Lisette Aguilar, 23, was walking with her husband James Alvarez on a sidewalk Tuesday in the area of Katella Avenue and Bayless Street when police say the driver jumped the curb and killed her.

Aguilar, a Disneyland employee, was 35 weeks pregnant at the time of the collision.

Her child was delivered and is in critical condition.

It was not how Alvarez planned to welcome his first-born into the world.

A heartbreaking image of the infant shows her fighting for her life in the hospital.

"I wish I could turn back time, even switch places because she did not deserve this. Nobody deserves this," said an emotional Alvarez.

Alvarez said he and his wife were excited to have a child after trying for two years. The couple expected to welcome their child into the world Sept. 20.

But their lives completely changed Tuesday evening.

Anaheim police said a suspected drunk driver, Courtney Pandolfi of Garden Grove, drove her Jeep onto a curb as the couple took their evening walk and Aguilar was hit.

Alvarez remembers their last conversation.

"We were literally talking about how we were going to prepare the baby's closet, the baby's room, we were thinking about the curtains," Alvarez said.

Their baby Adalyn Rose was delivered via cesarean section at UCI Medical Center.

Pandolfi was booked on suspicion of murder, DUI drugs causing bodily injury, and driving with a suspended license, police said. She is expected to appear in court Thursday.

Alvarez is still in shock, left planning how to raise his baby without his better half.

"I want to do my best and show her that she's going to be in good hands, so now it's my responsibility to be the father and the mother of our child," he said. "Yes, I don't know what to do, but I have to learn."

A GoFundMe page has been created in Aguilar's honor.
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/yesenia-aguilar

And now a Go Fundme has been released on Yesenia Lisette Aguilar funeral expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post

Rest in Peace, Courtney. This wasn't an "accident". She intentionally drank, drove, and fucked up. Stupid bitch. Hope she dies, too.
    Only problem here is that James Alvarez will end up more depressed and blame himself for not doing enough to save his wife and child from the Hit and run. True nothing is going to get better though as seen in this quote

"I wish I could turn back time, even switch places because she did not deserve this. Nobody deserves this," said an emotional Alvarez.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post

Crap! I'm such a bad speller! Thanks for proofreading. Lol!

I hope her baby makes it. R.i.p. Courtney
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

*Yesenia

I'll see myself out now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    You must spread some reputation around before giving it to curiouscat again.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/all...creased-to-3m/

The alleged impaired driver suspected of hitting and killing a young expectant mother who was on an evening walk with her husband in Anaheim has been charged with murder, prosecutors said.

Frank Alvarez and Yesenia Aguilar are seen in a family photo provided to KTLA.
    James Alvarez and Yesenia Aguilar are seen in a family photo provided to KTLA.
    Courtney Fritz Pandolfi, 40, of Garden Grove also faces a felony count of driving under the influence of drugs causing injury, and a misdemeanor count of driving on a suspended license, according to the Orange County District Attorney’s Office.

Authorities said Pandolfi was behind the wheel of a white Jeep that struck 23-year-old Yesenia Aguilar on Katella Avenue near Bayless Street about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. The victim was about eights months along in her pregnancy.

Pandolfi was charged with murder because she had prior convictions of driving under the influence of drugs in 2008, 2015 and 2016, a DA’s news release stated.

In California, drivers convicted of DUI are given what’s called the Watson advisement, which informs them that they can be charged with murder if they kill someone while driving under the influence, according to prosecutors.

The defendant’s bail was increased from $1 million to $3 million during her arraignment, which was continued. Deputy District Attorney Brian Orue, who is prosecuting the case, had sought $5 million bail, noting that this “could possibly be her fifth lifetime DUI.”

Pandolfi faces a possible maximum sentence of life in prison if convicted as charged.

“This was 100 percent preventable. This woman knew the consequences of driving under the influence and she did it anyway,” DA Todd Spitzer said in the release. “There is no reason why a 23-year-old mother is dead and her daughter will grow up without ever seeing her mother’s smile or hearing her voice.”

Aguilar was on a stroll with her husband, James Alvarez, when the SUV jumped a curb, crashed into newspaper stand and continued along the sidewalk and hit her, according to the DA’s office. Pandolfi allegedly didn’t stop driving until the Jeep became disabled.

The vehicle narrowly missed Alvarez, who was not injured in the incident, but is devastated over the loss of his wife.

“I was holding her hand. I was trying to pull her away towards me,” Alvarez tearfully told KTLA.

Aguilar was rushed to UC Irvine Medical Center where she later died.

Doctors performed a cesarean section and were able to save the baby, a girl named Adalyn Rose.

James Alvarez provided KTLA with this photo of himself and baby Adalyn Rose on Aug. 13, 2020.
    James Alvarez provided KTLA with this photo of himself and baby Adalyn Rose on Aug. 13, 2020.
    The newborn was listed in critical condition in the hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit.

However, Alvarez shared an encouraging update about his daughter with KTLA on Thursday afternoon, saying she’s doing better and is breathing on her own after having her respiratory tube removed.

“My baby is doing great,” he wrote in a message on Thursday. “She’s showing good signs of hope. I took a pic with her because I’m so proud of her.”

Doctors initially were concerned that the infant could have brain damage due to possible oxygen loss between the point her mother died and when she was delivered, according to Alvarez.

“I’m just praying that she is healthy. She’s the last thing I have from her,” he said Wednesday.

A GoFundMe account that Alvarez started to help pay for his wife’s funeral, as well as medical and other costs, has reached nearly $120,000 as of Thursday afternoon.

Thread Information