Thread: 5-year-old North Carolina boy (Cannon Hinnant) allegedly shot dead by neighbor

5-year-old North Carolina boy (Cannon Hinnant) allegedly shot dead by neighbor

Dad - https://www.facebook.com/austin.hinnant

https://www.gofundme.com/f/justice-for-cannon

https://www.gofundme.com/f/justiceforcannon

https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/5-year...d-by-neighbor/

A 5-year-old North Carolina boy was allegedly shot dead by his neighbor while riding his bicycle outside his home over the weekend.

Little Cannon Hinnant was playing outside his father's house with his two sisters, ages 7 and 8, in the city of Wilson around 5:30 p.m. Sunday when he was allegedly shot in the head by 25-year-old Darius Sessoms, WRAL.com reported.

The boy was rushed to the hospital, but he could not be saved.

Sessoms, who lives next door to Cannon's father on Archers Road, was later nabbed in Goldsboro and is facing first-degree murder charges.

Police say the killing was not random, though they did not offer a motive, according to the news outlet.

Witness Doris Lybrand told WRAL.com that Sessoms ran up to the little boy, put the gun near his head and pulled the trigger before dashing back to his own house.

'My first reaction was he's playing with the kids,' Lybrand said. 'For a second, I thought, 'That couldn't happen.' People don't run across the street and kill kids.'

After realizing the shooting was real and seeing Cannon's father's reaction, the woman said, she ran back inside her house, locked the door and quickly called 911.

Another neighbor said Sessoms and Cannon's dad had dinner together Saturday night and that Sessoms was at the home earlier Sunday, according to WRAL.com.

A woman claiming to be a cousin of Cannon's father, Austin Hinnant, created a GoFundMe page for the family and alleged in the bio that Cannon was shot 'because he rode into his neighbors yard.'

'[A] sweet soul named Cannon Hinnant was taken from this world over a senseless act,' Christina Prezioso wrote on the GoFundMe page. 'A beautiful 5 year old baby boy riding his bicycle was shot by his neighbor point blank in Wilson NC.'

'One minute he is enjoying his life, the next it all ends because he rode into his neighbors yard,' the bio reads. '5 years old guys!! Nothing prepares a parent for the loss of their child. No child should ever have their future stolen from them.'

Sessoms has multiple felony drug charges from over the years, multiple felony probation violations, and charges on his record for possessing stolen firearms, CBS17.com reported.

Who TF does that??? Just, why?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Cannon Hinnant (5) was shot and killed by Darius Sessoms (25)

https://www.kron4.com/news/north-car...ding-his-bike/

WILSON, N.C. (WNCN) ? The 25-year-old man charged with shooting and killing a 5-year-old boy over the weekend in Wilson had his first court appearance Tuesday.

Wilson police say Darius Sessoms shot and killed Cannon Hinnant at a home on Archers Road.

Investigators quickly identified Sessoms as the suspect and began a manhunt.

Sessoms was captured Monday at a residence in Goldsboro by members of the Wilson Police Department with assistance from U.S. Marshals, Goldsboro police, and the Wayne County Sheriff?s Office.
    Cannon Hinnant

Sessoms was transported to Wilson where he was charged with first-degree murder and received no bond.

On Tuesday, Sessoms appeared for about 10 minutes via video conference before a judge.

The judge formally advised Sessoms on the charges against him.

Sessoms has a probable cause hearing scheduled for Aug. 25.
    Darius Sessoms

Cannon?s family say they?ve known the suspect for many years while living near each other.

?We used to play together and I never thought he?d kill someone. A mother now has to lay her son to rest at 5 years old which she should never have to do. He?ll never be forgotten,? said Rachel Pipkin, a cousin of Cannon?s mother.

The city?s mayor was shaken by the tragedy and came out to pay his respects.

?I have a child that?s 5 years old. My heart broke right then. I went home right then and I took my baby and just hugged her,? said Carlton Stevens, the mayor of Wilson.

The family says Cannon was set to start kindergarten Monday, but say he?s now fulfilling a new mission with a higher power.

They say Sessoms? arrest doesn?t bring Cannon back but that it does help them start to heal.

The family says they are now beginning the process of planning a funeral.

I think there is already a thread on this.

If someone shot my son I would kill them. I don't know how to work a gun but I would figure something out.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Mother of 5-Year-Old Cannon Hinnant Says He was Not Killed For Riding His Bike in Neighbor's Yard

Mother - https://www.facebook.com/bonny.hinnant

https://toofab.com/2020/08/13/five-y...eighbors-yard/

The child was shot at point blank range in front of his sisters; his neighbor has been charged with murder.

The heartbroken mother of Cannon Hinnant has spoken out about his senseless murder.

Bonny Waddell took to Facebook to express her grief and fury at the killing of her five-year-old son, who was shot dead at point blank range as he played with his sisters near his North Carolina home on Sunday.

A 25-year-old neighbor, Darius Sessoms, has been charged with the murder.

Early reports claimed the boy had been killed for riding into the neighbor's yard; a GoFundMe set up to support the family claimed as much.

However Cannon's mother said this was not the motive.

"This was not just because my baby was riding a bike!" she wrote in a furious post. "Dont let this social media and news fool you!"

"This is under investigation, I lost my child, I lost my innocent child, and no one can give me him back," she added. "I will burn this country down if it's what it'll take to see this man burn in hell. I'm ready to flip this county upside down."

Calling for his arrest, she said her other children had also been threatened.

"Please ride the roads, keep your eyes out. My other kids are in danger as threats were made, this scum bag is not far," she wrote.

"This man will answer to me, that man will see me and my son through my face! This sorry excuse as a human being will rot in hell."

Neighbor Doris Lybrand told WRAL she watched the whole thing happen from her window; she claimed Sessoms ran up to Cannon, put the gun near his head and fired before running back to his house.

"My first reaction was he's playing with the kids," she said. "For a second, I thought, 'That couldn't happen.' People don't run across the street and kill kids."

She only realized it was really happening when she saw Cannon's father's reaction; she then locked herself inside and called 911.

The motive for the killing has yet to be established; neighbors claimed Sessoms had dinner with Cannon's dad on Friday, and had visited the house earlier on Sunday.

The suspect was charged with first-degree murder and is being held without bond; he is due in court on August 25.

Cannon's funeral takes place on Friday; his mother asked attendees to wear Crocs, the boy's favorite footwear.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Conservative outlets are using this to incite some kind of race war bullshit. There is a shit ton of #sayhisname stuff going around right now. "It was only reported by Fox News." and all that other bullshit.

Oh, and this guy looks like he has some "challenges" if you understand what I mean.

Oh, and what he did was super fucked up, so I can't wait for some seriously bad shit to happen to him.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think there is already a thread on this.

If someone shot my son I would kill them. I don't know how to work a gun but I would figure something out.
    Baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire (I never watched "The Walking Dead".), knife, brick, shark, etc. There are many ways to kill this guy. You don't need a gun. You just need to make sure it's slow and painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I'm wondering if this was some kind of attack on the dad.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Police: Second arrest made in shooting death of 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant

https://fox17.com/news/nation-world/...nnon-hinnant-1

WILSON, N.C. (WCTI) – A 21-year-old has been arrested in connection with the August shooting death of a North Carolina child.

Aolani Takemi Marie Pettit has been charged with felony accessory after this fact in the death of 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant, according to the Wilson Police Department. Officials say Hinnant was shot and killed in August, and Darius Sessoms was arrested and charged with first-degree murder.

Hinnant's death came just before he started kindergarten, family members said. According to witnesses, he was riding a bike outside his father's home when a neighbor walked up and shot him.

Anyone with information regarding the case is asked to contact the Wilson Police Department at 252-399-2323 or Crime Stoppers at 252-243-2255.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Conservative outlets are using this to incite some kind of race war bullshit. There is a shit ton of #sayhisname stuff going around right now. "It was only reported by Fox News." and all that other bullshit.

Oh, and this guy looks like he has some "challenges" if you understand what I mean.

Oh, and what he did was super fucked up, so I can't wait for some seriously bad shit to happen to him.
    Are you feeling okay? Do I need to bring you some chicken noodle soup? Where's the fire and brimstone? #bringbacktherealkevan
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Thread Information