Thread: Anthony Buddeke (26) reported killed by St. Charles County, MO Police on 08/08/2020

Anthony Buddeke (26) reported killed by St. Charles County, MO Police on 08/08/2020

https://fox2now.com/news/police-chas...lton-missouri/

ST. CHARLES COUNTY ? A police chase ended in a soybean field near West Alton, Missouri just before 5:00 p.m. Friday. Gunfire was exchanged between the suspect and St. Charles County Police officers. The suspect has died from his wounds.

Bommarito Automotive SkyFOX was flying over that scene.

St. Charles County Police said at 3:49 p.m. they were called to a burglary at a home on Highway H in St. Charles County. The homeowner confronted the suspect and the suspect began shooting.

Officers responded and set up spike strips causing the suspect?s car to have four flat tires. The suspect was able to continue driving and shot at officers and flashed his gun at other cars driving by.

During the chase, police were able to get in touch with the suspect via cell phone.

?He was on the phone with some of our officers making threatening statements to the officers,? St. Charles County Police Chief Kurt Frisz said. ?He indicated there was a female occupant in the vehicle as well and said lives will be lost if you don?t back off.

said they were on the phone with the suspect and the suspect threatened the officers and the passenger inside the car.

When the suspect stopped in a soybean field in West Alton he and the passenger jumped out of the car. The suspect shot at police from behind his car. Officers shot back. The suspect was hit twice and taken to the hospital with life threatening injuries where he later died.

The passenger was not injured.
    Police shooting under investigation

https://www.kmov.com/news/man-leads-...a374f6a78.html

ST. CHARLES COUNTY, Mo. (KMOV.com) - Investigators have identified a burglary suspect who was killed after leading police on a chase through St. Charles County Friday afternoon.

Anthony Buddeke, 26, died after exchanging gunfire with officers at the end of the pursuit.

Officers were chasing Buddeke and a woman inside a white Chevrolet near Highway 94 and Highway V, which is near Orchard Farm. Officers from Missouri Highway Patrol and O'Fallon, PD were in pursuit.

Police were chasing the 26-year-old because he allegedly burglarized a home on Highway H. Police said the homeowner confronted him and the two exchanged gunshots.

Police said they used spike strips that flattened the four tires on the car. A police negotiator was on the phone with the driver during the pursuit.

The view from Skyzoom 4 showed the suspect pointing guns at cars on the road during the chase.

"I just looked over and I saw him looking over at me and you could see his hand out with the gun," said Jarid Winsel, who saw police chasing the driver.

Buddeke eventually drove into a farm field at the end of Mintert Road, about a half mile south of West Alton.

He then got out of the car and exchanged shots with officers and he was shot twice, police said. He later died at the hospital.

"It’s scary that I was there watching him, I looked him in the eye. To know what eventually happened, just kinda scary," said Winsel.

The woman inside the car was not hurt and was being questioned by investigators.
    Update the person killed by police is identified as Anthony Buddeke, (26).

Thread Information