Thread: Hawaii police seek help in locating Glynda Evangelista (72) reported missing in 2017

Hawaii police seek help in locating Glynda Evangelista (72) reported missing in 2017

https://www.khon2.com/local-news/haw...missing-woman/

HILO, Hawaii (KHON2) ? The Hawaiʻi island police are once again seeking your help in finding a 72-year-old woman, Glynda Evangelista, who has been reported missing since April 2017.

Evangelista is described as being 5-foot-4, approximately 200 pounds, medium build with short salt-and-pepper hair, hazel colored eyes, wears prescription glasses and has a fair complexion. She was last seen wearing a dark jacket and orange and yellow colored floral dress, carrying a blue backpack.

She is considered endangered due to a medical condition and was last seen in Hilo at the 500 block of Kīlauea Avenue.

If you have information on Evangelista?s whereabouts, please call 911 or the non-emergency Dispatch line at 935-3311.

I like citizen science projects, thanks for the link. Was Glynda Evangelista a citizen scientist? Why have they waited 3 years to report her missing?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I like citizen science projects, thanks for the link. Was Glynda Evangelista a citizen scientist? Why have they waited 3 years to report her missing?
    Huh???

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    Huh???
    Wait. Has your post been edited? There were three links to Science websites below that article when I logged in this morning. I even bookmarked one of them (a citizen science directory), and they're in my history right now - wedged in amongst my MDS activity, so I know I'm not crazy. I wondered what Glynda Evangelista's disappearance had to do with citizen science, that's why I asked the questions above.

Did you post links to three science websites anywhere on MDS yesterday or this morning? It may have been a wacky cross-post on my part. I always have multiple windows open, I'm not a morning person, and I just gave up caffeine.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 08-08-2020 at 12:22 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Is it one of the links in his signature?
    Its my signature showing that I am a fan of science literacy in the public in the era of COVID-19.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Is it one of the links in his signature?
    I don't see any links in his signature. Unless he turned his signature off today? That would be hilarious. Wait. Come to think of it, I saw a signature on Angiebla's post today that I never noticed before. When I saw it, I was like.... "oh yeah... we all had signatures back then." I just looked, and I'm not seeing her signature block now. I haven't changed any settings, but for a brief moment today, I was seeing signatures, I guess. Strange....

It's been a crazy few days, I'll complain about it in an appropriate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    Its my signature showing that I am a fan of science literacy in the public in the era of COVID-19.
    That's exactly what it was. Sorry for the confusion. I never saw it before and I'm not seeing it now. Also...

Science literacy for the public? What kind of crazy radical are you anyway?! One of them round-earthers, I'll bet.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    That's exactly what it was. Sorry for the confusion. I never saw it before and I'm not seeing it now. Also...

Science literacy for the public? What kind of crazy radical are you anyway?! One of them round-earthers, I'll bet.

Back to the victim.

https://www.westhawaiitoday.com/2020...ed-hilo-woman/

More Details if she was reported missing in 2017 why is the missing persons report case released in 2020??

Hawaii Island police on Friday renewed their request for the public’s help in locating a 72-year-old Hilo woman who was reported missing since April 2017.

Glynda Evangelista is considered endangered due to a medical condition which requires medication, according to the Hawaii Police Department. She was last seen April 24, 2017, at the 500 block of Kilauea Avenue in Hilo.

Evangelista is described as being 5 feet, 4 inches tall, weighing approximately 200 pounds, with a medium build, short salt-and-pepper hair, hazel colored eyes, and a fair complexsion. She was last seen wearing a dark jacket and orange and yellow colored floral dress, carrying a blue backpack. She wears prescription glasses.

Seventy-two years old, missing 3 years, and has a medical condition that requires medication (that she has been without for 3 years). Hmmm.... outcome doesn't look good. I wonder what happened?

Thread Information