Thread: Marilane Carter (36) found dead in her vehicle inside a shipping container two weeks after voluntarily going missing

Marilane Carter (36) found dead in her vehicle inside a shipping container two weeks after voluntarily going missing

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2...-saturday.html

A Kansas City mother of three with strong ties to Alabama has been missing since Aug. 1 and family members are praying she will be found safe.

Marilane Carter, a 36-year-old graduate of Samford University?s Beeson Divinity School and the wife of an Overland Park pastor, was last seen about 8:15 p.m. Saturday when she left home headed toward Birmingham, according to the Overland Park Police Department.
    https://www.facebook.com/Find-Marilane-123254162510985/
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-22-2022 at 12:44 PM.

WTF? They don't suspect foul play, but her car was inside a shipping container? Was it open or locked? What, did she just find an empty shipping container hanging around and drove her car into it and died? Was it a suicide? I need more information.

ETA: Her uncle found the conex and the car in West Memphis, Arkansas.

Crittenden County Sheriff's Office Chief Todd Grooms said during a press conference that Carter's uncle discovered the vehicle in a Conex trailer that was hidden by tall grass in an area that had previously been searched.
    https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...nd-in-arkansas
    Last edited by KimTisha; 08-18-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

If she ended her life using the exhaust from her car, she may have used the shipping container as a fail safe of the gas escaping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lena Norbert View Post
    If she ended her life using the exhaust from her car, she may have used the shipping container as a fail safe of the gas escaping.
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

How would she know a shipping container was there? They claimed it was hidden from view. Really out of all the possible rescuer's the Uncle? Not me claiming he had something to do with it. This story is odd in a lot of ways. It seems she never got to see her sisters baby. Unless I missed that. I would throw that on my bucket list for sure before leaving. It all seems strange.

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    How would she know a shipping container was there? They claimed it was hidden from view. Really out of all the possible rescuer's the Uncle? Not me claiming he had something to do with it. This story is odd in a lot of ways. It seems she never got to see her sisters baby. Unless I missed that. I would throw that on my bucket list for sure before leaving. It all seems strange.
    All of this. It's just odd.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Well, who knows. She might have just been "lucky", been planning to take her own life in a rural area and happened on the shipping container. Also possible that she researched ending her life using carbon monoxide, read that a shipping container was extra surety, and searched for areas where she'd find one.

https://wreg.com/news/woman-found-in...rilane-carter/

A woman found dead in an SUV inside a storage container in a remote field in Arkansas has positively been identified as missing Kansas mother Marilane Carter.

The Arkansas State Medical Examiners Office in Little Rock ruled her death as a suicide and the cause of death as asphyxiation from carbon monoxide, according to the Crittenden County Sheriff’s office on Friday.

This is really sad. I can't imagine how her family feels. How did the Uncle know where to look? I have to think there must have been indications (cell phone pings?) she was in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I am pretty sure it is suicide.

Liv's TCS FB page has all kind of gossip going on concerning this page. Apparently the rumour is that a search warrant was being service on the Uncle that found her, and he committed suicide. I can't find any news stories yet.

Liv's TCS FB page has all kind of gossip going on concerning this page. Apparently the rumour is that a search warrant was being service on the Uncle that found her, and he committed suicide. I can't find any news stories yet.
    Whoa, plot twist!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Can you link?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

*** THERE ARE IMAGES OF MESSAGES AT THIS LINK. ***

Breaking: Uncle who found body and car of Marilane Carter dead of apparent suicide in Kansas after search warrant served at his house

https://watchkeep.blogspot.com/2020/...JfJLuKofC9LFjA

I was contacted Saturday night by someone asking if I had heard that Adam Carter's uncle Larry Bradley had killed himself. That was the first I had heard about it. I was also told that police had shown up at Larry Bradley's house last week in Overland Park, Kansas with a search warrant. Sometime after that, Larry allegedly left and went somewhere and killed himself, possibly at a nearby park.

Larry Bradley is Kansas Baptist pastor Adam Carter's uncle who found Marilane Carter's body and car on August 18, 2020 in a remote field in a shipping container in West Memphis, Arkansas. Larry is married to Ellen, Adam's dad Craig's sister.

I posted to Facebook and Twitter looking to confirm news of Larry's death.

First, I received a reply from Jason Wilson on Facebook who reportedly is Larry Bradley's co-worker at BNSF Railway.

Then, a close friend of Adam confirmed Larry's death and the search warrant.

I received private information in the Marilane Carter case while she was still missing that led to the belief that she was already dead & family knew. A few days after she was found, someone who cares about her & the truth reached out to me for help. I reported to several law enforcement agencies. The information I received suggests foul play and needs an investigation. A few weeks ago I heard that an investigation has been opened.

If anyone has something to share, email me or message me. Thank you.
    watchkeepamy@gmail.com

Ruh Roh ... this doesn't look good. I'm SPECULATING that uncle was involved and maybe even for a gratuity.

I don't know what to think. Innocent people usually don't kill themselves when they are served with a search warrant.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Can you link?
    You have to join the TCS group on FB to see posts. You should join!

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    *** THERE ARE IMAGES OF MESSAGES AT THIS LINK. ***

Breaking: Uncle who found body and car of Marilane Carter dead of apparent suicide in Kansas after search warrant served at his house

https://watchkeep.blogspot.com/2020/...JfJLuKofC9LFjA

I was contacted Saturday night by someone asking if I had heard that Adam Carter's uncle Larry Bradley had killed himself. That was the first I had heard about it. I was also told that police had shown up at Larry Bradley's house last week in Overland Park, Kansas with a search warrant. Sometime after that, Larry allegedly left and went somewhere and killed himself, possibly at a nearby park.

Larry Bradley is Kansas Baptist pastor Adam Carter's uncle who found Marilane Carter's body and car on August 18, 2020 in a remote field in a shipping container in West Memphis, Arkansas. Larry is married to Ellen, Adam's dad Craig's sister.

I posted to Facebook and Twitter looking to confirm news of Larry's death.

First, I received a reply from Jason Wilson on Facebook who reportedly is Larry Bradley's co-worker at BNSF Railway.

Then, a close friend of Adam confirmed Larry's death and the search warrant.

I received private information in the Marilane Carter case while she was still missing that led to the belief that she was already dead & family knew. A few days after she was found, someone who cares about her & the truth reached out to me for help. I reported to several law enforcement agencies. The information I received suggests foul play and needs an investigation. A few weeks ago I heard that an investigation has been opened.

If anyone has something to share, email me or message me. Thank you.
    watchkeepamy@gmail.com
    So both the uncle and the husbands mom worked for the company that owns/uses the containers she was found in?!? Yeah, something funny going on here.
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Thread Information