Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Daisy Coleman from 'Audrie & Daisy' Netflix Documentary Dead at 23 by Suicide

Daisy Coleman from 'Audrie & Daisy' Netflix Documentary Dead at 23 by Suicide

A Missouri woman says her family was run out of a small town and their home burned down mysteriously after her teen daughter accused a high school football player from a prominent local family of rape, according to a local report.

Melinda Coleman moved to Maryville from Albany, Mo., three years ago looking for a fresh start after her doctor husband was killed in a car wreck in 2006.

But the new life she was building with her four children in the rural, tight-knit town turned into a nightmare after her daughter Daisy, a 14-year-old freshman at Maryville High, accused a popular football player of raping her while she was drunk, the Kansas City Star reported in a bombshell story written with the family's cooperation.

Daisy told police the 17-year-old boy, Matthew Barnett, gave her alcohol and forced her to have sex at a party at his house after she blacked out early on the morning of Jan. 8, 2012.

The teen and his pals then left Daisy passed out on her doorstep in just a t-shirt and sweatpants in 22-degree weather.

When Melinda found her hours later, her daughter's hair was frozen, and her purse, shoes and cell phone were scattered across the lawn, the newspaper reported.

Doctors at St. Francis Hospital later found evidence she'd been sexually penetrated. Hours after she was found, Daisy's blood-alcohol level was 0.13.

Barnett was arrested and charged sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
    A friend, Jordan Zech, was charged with sexual exploitation of a minor for allegedly filming part of the encounter.

Barnett, who the Star said was the grandson of a former Missouri state representative, admitted to the sex, but insisted it was consensual, the newspaper reported.

The charges against both were later dropped after a prosecutor said the evidence wasn't strong enough.

Nodaway County prosecutor Robert Rice later told The Star the alleged rape was a case of "incorrigible teenagers" "doing what they wanted to do," and not a criminal matter.

Melinda Coleman said that was just the beginning of the nightmare, as her children were harassed at school and online.

Her son, Charlie, was booed before his final wrestling match, he and his brothers were warned they'd be beat up, and Melinda and her daughter were slammed on Twitter and Facebook for being "crazy b---s."

Some said Daisy had been "asking for it" on the night she was raped, according to the family
    At a dance competition, Melinda spotted a girl with a shirt on that said, "Matt 1, Daisy 0."

"There were several days, I just wanted to go knock a kid's teeth out," Charlie Coleman, now a student at Baker University, told The Star.

The family eventually moved back to Albany in August 2012 after Melinda was fired from her job as a vet.

In April, their Maryville home, which was empty and for sale, burned down. Maryville fire officials never determined the cause of the blaze.

In Albany, Daisy struggled with depression and attempted suicide twice, including one instance in which her brother found her on the bathroom floor after she had taken a whole bottle of depression medication.

Now 16, she is in therapy and is working to move past the trauma.

In Maryville, meanwhile, many residents were eager to forget the case.
    "We did our job," Sheriff Darren White told The Star. "We did it well. It's unfortunate that they are unhappy. I guess they're just going to have to get over it."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2ieSgDzR8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Hackers Target Town After Dropped Sexual-Assault Case

The group known as Anonymous has promised retribution in rural Missouri after the possible rape of a high school cheerleader went unprosecuted

The international band of Internet activists known as Anonymous has chosen the rural Missouri town of Maryville as the target of its latest campaign, after the Kansas City Star published a powerful examination of a possible rape case that went unprosecuted by local authorities.

The action is a response to reporter Dugan Arnett’s deep dive into a case that began in the wee hours of Jan. 8, when 14-year-old Daisy Coleman (her name was published at her mother’s behest, because she wanted to bring her daughter’s story to light) and a 13-year-old friend climbed from a bedroom window to join an older boy, Matthew Barnett, at his house. At the time, Barnett was a 17-year-old senior on the Maryville High School football team. Daisy, a freshman cheerleader, was delighted by the senior boy’s attentions, and ignored her older brother’s advice to steer clear of him, Arnett reported.

Barnett, the grandson of former state representative Rex Barnett, later admitted to police that he knew the girl was drinking at his house and that he had sex with her while she was drunk (this was recorded on a friend’s iPhone). Other witnesses told authorities that he loaded the girl, in tears, into his car and left her unconscious on her front porch in subfreezing cold. When her mother found Daisy the next morning, her hair was frozen.

Read more: http://nation.time.com/2013/10/14/ha...#ixzz2ieTg5nOq
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Matthew Barnett

Daisy and her mom Melinda

'MY son is the victim here': Teacher mother of football player at center of Maryville rape case breaks her silence

Teacher mother of one of the footballers in the Maryville rape case tells MailOnline that her son is finding it hard in the glare of publicity

Her son Matthew Barnett, now 19, saw charges against him dropped over rape of Daisy Coleman

Barnett's mother even lashed out at Daisy's mother for going public over claims the alleged victim's family was hounded out of town and charges were dropped because the Barnett family is powerful in Missouri town
    Following public outrage the original prosecutor has now re-opened the case

The teacher mother and father of the teenager accused of a rape that has shocked America today broke their silence to claim their son is being 'assassinated'.

Matthew Barnett, now 19, was arrested for the alleged rape of 14-year-old Daisy Coleman last January, but all charges against him and his friend Jordan Zech – who apparently filmed the attack on his iPhone - were dropped.

Now Burnett's parents have furiously protested his innocence, painting him as the victim and urged people to dig beneath the surface to find the truth.

Matthew Barnett

Jordan Zech

Cover-up claims: Barnett's grandfather, Rex, served four terms as Republican State Representative before stepping down in 2002. He's denied using his influence to have the charges against the boys dropped

In recent days the Barnett family has come under intense scrutiny; particularly Matthew’s grandfather Rex Barnett, who used to sit in the Missouri House of Representatives.

He has denied using his influence to have the charges against the boys in this case. But in an interview he simply dismissed the events of the night as a case of ‘incorrigible teenagers’ just ‘doing what they wanted to do.’ Adding: ‘There weren’t any consequences.’

Matthew's father, 52, added today: 'There are hundreds of cases across the nation. My kid is being assassinated. The way this has all been spun, for example my son being a football star, he was not a football star, he was a back up.'

Mrs Barnett then took a shot at Melinda Coleman, who has spoken to a number of media organizations in recent weeks. Mrs Barnett said: 'This whole thing is one sided because that is the way they have chosen it to be.'

When asked how their son, who is now at the University of Missouri, was coping, Mr Barnett said: 'He’s facing some major issues'.
    His wife added added: 'Is Matthew OK? How can you go through this and be OK, you can’t go through this experience and be OK.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2ieVUh5Ej
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Awww, let's all cry for the little bitch who raped a girl!! Listen up, mom , you ignorant self righteous cunt...Your child and his friend raped a girl AND VIDEOED the assault. That alone makes you partially guilty, if not for your lack of parenting skills, for your inability to accept the TRUTH on the video.

Is Matthew okay? FUCK MATTHEW! And fuck you again. Bitch.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

In Maryville, meanwhile, many residents were eager to forget the case.
    "We did our job," Sheriff Darren White told The Star. "We did it well. It's unfortunate that they are unhappy. I guess they're just going to have to get over it."
    Fuck. You. Dude.

I was molested when I was 10 as was my best friend, by the same guy. Our mothers filed charges and he did eventually serve time (6 months). However, when it went down, one of our neighbors (our landlord's son in law) actually called my father and bitched him out because we were ruining a respected businessman's life and business (he ran the deli everyone went to) and that it was pointless because I would "eventually get over it".

Cocksucker still lives in the neighborhood I grew up in. I'd love to go back, knock on his door and ask him "Sooo, when does that whole 'getting over it' thing kick in? Because it's been 32 years and I'm still waiting."
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

I saw an amazing video yesterday.. lemme find it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Oh hell no, strmm. That is incredibly wrong. I cannot believe that man said that about you and that asshole said that about Daisy. I cannot wait for these assholes to go down.

Also lol at his dad "he wasn't a football star! He was a backup!"

Because that's what really matters here.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Also lol at his dad "he wasn't a football star! He was a backup!"

Because that's what really matters here.

Seriously. I'm like "that's the best you can come up with? That is what you're whining about? So, because they mistook the fact that your kid is a bench warmer and not a real football player, that means he didn't rape the girl? Get fucking serious you ignorant piece of shit!!

Fuck these small town ass backwards dipshits. Why can't we have a big bonfire and burn all of these mothefuckers at the stake?
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

The protests were pretty significant up in Maryville. The rapist goes to my alma mater (college).

Way to go to the reporter of the KC Star who drew attention to this craziness.

This whole case makes me sick. His mom is a giant sack of shit, whining about how this is upsetting her son and he's the real victim. Uh, no.

The idea that a girl consents to being raped if she's drunk makes me hate the world.

There was video of a sexual assault taken at some street party recently, because the girl was drunk it has people up in arms like she wanted it. I was going to make an article but I am fucking lazy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    There was video of a sexual assault taken at some street party recently, because the girl was drunk it has people up in arms like she wanted it. I was going to make an article but I am fucking lazy these days.
    what is the name or the link for it? I will make it if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Fuck the world.

I was roofied a few years ago. And when I was in high school, some guy tried to rape me while I was passed out at a party. Fortunately, a friend walked in and beat the shit out of him.

Then he asked around for my number because he wanted to call me for a date, and all my guy friends were like 'what's the big deal, you were drunk'.

Daisy is in stable condition in the hospital after trying to kill herself.

Teen at center of sex assault case stable after suicide attempt

A family friend says Daisy Coleman, a Missouri teen whose alleged 2012 sexual assault garnered international attention, is stable after attempting suicide.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. ? Daisy Coleman, the northwest Missouri teen whose alleged 2012 sexual assault in Maryville has garnered international attention, is in stable condition following a suicide attempt, a family friend familiar with the situation told The Kansas City Star on Tuesday.

Robin Bourland, a longtime acquaintance of the Coleman family, said that Coleman is being treated at a Kansas City children's psychiatric hospital after ingesting a number of unidentified pills Sunday evening.

"It's been heartbreaking for them," Bourland said of the Colemans. "This has been a really long, drawn-out battle, and it's heartbreaking to see something like this happening."

According to Bourland, the incident stemmed from online harassment Coleman received after attending a party over the weekend. In one instance, a disparaging Facebook post generated additional, similar comments, said Bourland, and "it just escalated from there."

Coleman's case gained national notoriety following an October story in The Star detailing the alleged sexual assault and the harassment Coleman and her family received after making the allegations.

In the story, Daisy's family said that she previously had attempted suicide twice in the wake of that harassment, much of it on social media, some at the high school.

The case centered on a January 2012 house party in which Coleman and a friend ? ages 14 and 13 at the time ? alleged they were sexually assaulted at the home of Matthew Barnett, a then-17-year-old Maryville High senior and the grandson of a former state representative.

Barnett was arrested on charges of sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child, the latter for allegedly leaving Coleman incapacitated by alcohol and barefoot in her yard in 30-degree temperatures.

Jordan Zech was charged with sexual exploitation of a minor, which involved using a friend's cellphone to film a portion of the encounter between Coleman and Barnett. (A 15-year-old boy, who admitted to having intercourse with the younger girl despite her repeated refusals, was processed in juvenile court.).

Two months later, however, Nodaway County prosecutor Robert Rice dropped the felony charges against the youths, citing a lack of evidence and, later, a lack of cooperation on the part of the victims and their families.

The mothers of both girls have insisted they were willing to cooperate with authorities until the felony charges were dropped.

In October, Jackson County prosecutor Jean Peters Baker was appointed to re-examine the case to determine whether fresh charges were warranted.

http://news.msn.com/us/teen-at-cente...uicide-attempt

Ugh, how awful. I wish I could tell this girl that it WILL get better in life. It may take a long time, and she will never forget it, but it does get easier to deal with in time.

When I was 17 and had just graduated, I went to Maui with some friends. All of our parents decided to pay for us to take the trip as a grad present. Of course, 6 young chicks with our own suites, we met some people and they would always want to hang out in our rooms cuz they were with their parents and we had our own place and managed to find booze every night. The last night we were there, I got shitfaced drunk and passed out. I barely remember it. I vaguely remember one of the guys in bed with me, but it seemed like a dream. The next morning, I was sore and thought I had had sex. But I couldn't remember, it didn't seem real, and I just wanted to block it out and forget about it. I didn't really know any of the guys there, didn't know last names, etc. And besides, I couldn't be SURE. Until I found out I was pregnant a month and a half later.

That was over 12 years ago, and it still haunts me. But life is good for me now, has been for a while. I wish Daisy could see that it DOES get better. Of course, the rape is bad enough, but to also have the backlash she had, and having it be national news, must make it so much harder...I really do feel for her.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    Fuck. You. Dude.

I was molested when I was 10 as was my best friend, by the same guy. Our mothers filed charges and he did eventually serve time (6 months). However, when it went down, one of our neighbors (our landlord's son in law) actually called my father and bitched him out because we were ruining a respected businessman's life and business (he ran the deli everyone went to) and that it was pointless because I would "eventually get over it".

Cocksucker still lives in the neighborhood I grew up in. I'd love to go back, knock on his door and ask him "Sooo, when does that whole 'getting over it' thing kick in? Because it's been 32 years and I'm still waiting."
    Wow I had a conversation about this very.subject today!! In reference to being molested as a child, the term "getting over it" infuriates me to my very core. I equate it with having a limb cut off. You never fucking get over it. You can take all kinds of meds prescribed by numerous psychiatric professionals, attend support groups, do every kind of treatment available. There is no way to get over it. You can never sprout a new appendage. You might learn to adapt to living without it, but you are missing a part if yourself that is irretrievably gone forever. Cut their dick off and see if they can fucking get over it.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It's BEYOND terrible. You never "get over it". I was molested when I was 4 years old. I had repressed it. When I got a bit older my Mom had told me I was molested. I thought she was crazy because I STILL didn't remember a thing. She insisted that I had all of a sudden become depressed and put me in counseling, the social worker told her that I had all of the signs but that I wouldn't tell her who.

Fast forward to when I'm 14, a close friend of the Family committed suicide and BAM. It was all there. I remembered it all right down to the muppets T-shirt I was wearing when it happened. He was 10 at the time. I couldn't tell anyone because he had just committed suicide....his Family was CLOSE to us. I grew up with them. Didn't tell my Mom until I was 25. We still discussed it just a few days ago. I'm 40 now. How's that for "eventually getting over it"?

Anyway, never believed in repression til it happened to me. It's freaky as all hell. Was almost as disturbing as the molestation itself. To not be able to trust your own mind. How many other things have happened to me that I don't know of just because the right trigger hasn't come up?

Fuck this Woman, fuck her Son, fuck the friend that didn't stop it and videoed it and FUCK THIS TOWN AND THEIR AUTHORITIES

It gets better Daisy. Trust me. You'll never get over it but you learn to work with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It's BEYOND terrible. You never "get over it". I was molested when I was 4 years old. I had repressed it. When I got a bit older my Mom had told me I was molested. I thought she was crazy because I STILL didn't remember a thing. She insisted that I had all of a sudden become depressed and put me in counseling, the social worker told her that I had all of the signs but that I wouldn't tell her who.

Fast forward to when I'm 14, a close friend of the Family committed suicide and BAM. It was all there. I remembered it all right down to the muppets T-shirt I was wearing when it happened. He was 10 at the time. I couldn't tell anyone because he had just committed suicide....his Family was CLOSE to us. I grew up with them. Didn't tell my Mom until I was 25. We still discussed it just a few days ago. I'm 40 now. How's that for "eventually getting over it"?

Anyway, never believed in repression til it happened to me. It's freaky as all hell. Was almost as disturbing as the molestation itself. To not be able to trust your own mind. How many other things have happened to me that I don't know of just because the right trigger hasn't come up?

Fuck this Woman, fuck her Son, fuck the friend that didn't stop it and videoed it and FUCK THIS TOWN AND THEIR AUTHORITIES

It gets better Daisy. Trust me. You'll never get over it but you learn to work with it.
    666th post.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

666th post.
    Righteous! I almost don't want to post again so it stays that way! Oops.....too late.

HAIL SATAN

Righteous! I almost don't want to post again so it stays that way! Oops.....too late.

HAIL SATAN
    Could have edited your post.

Could have edited your post.
    Forever? Wouldn't you be Happy

Forever? Wouldn't you be Happy
    Huh? Don't look at me. I like you just fine.

Thread Information