Thread: Man beaten unconscious by bouncer at bar on St. Simon's Island

Man beaten unconscious by bouncer at bar on St. Simon's Island

This is the drama that has been occupying my reading time today.
    There's a lot of he said she said about what happened at the "bar" on Saturday night on many local Facebook pages.
    Bar in quotation marks, because before today, I always thought it was a local family restaurant with a small bar like Buffalo Wild Wings. I never knew they needed bouncers on the weekend.
    The gist is allegedly someone threw a bottle at the bouncer (Randy Collins aka Bo) of Brogens. Bouncer got mad at Eli and threw him out then proceeded to pound on him outside. Now, Eli is in the icu fighting for his life. I'm not sure what happened to the bouncer. I do know someone is most likely looking at jail time and getting sued.

Here's the gofundme: https://gf.me/u/yk4abh

Here's Eli's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/eli.mukes

Here's Eli's dad's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kenedee.generatemukes

Here's Eli's mom's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/michelle.howellmukes

Here's Eli's sister's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kendra.mukes

https://1077thefox.iheart.com/featur...ydkZ0l97XbHusw

Man beaten unconscious by bouncer at bar on St. Simon's Island
    By Tyler Jacobs
    Aug 3, 2020

21-year-old Eli Mukes was beaten unconscious late Saturday night by a bouncer at a local bar on St. Simon's Island, leaving him in critical condition.

Mukes's sister, Kendra Mukes, shared in a post on GoFundMe that her brother Eli was attacked by a bouncer as the bouncer was trying to move customers out of the bar late Saturday night.

"My brother was attacked and targeted by a 6?4 bouncer weighing about 367 lbs according to a coworker of his. This man is 32 years old, while my brother is 21. This ?man? was aiming to severely hurt my brother." Mukes's sister said.

Mukes's sister says Eli was hit in the head multiple times, knocking him unconscious and causing him to land on concrete. A friend of his was able to call an ambulance and Mukes was rushed to a hospital in Brunswick, Georgia. A CT scan revealed bleeding on his brain.

"The hospital then sent him in an ambulance to Jacksonville,Florida where he has a second CT scan revealing several more brain bleeds. His face is severely swollen, making him almost unrecognizable and he has multiple facial fractures, including the temporal bone and on his skull. He has no memory of what has happened. He does not understand where he is (the hospital) he cannot tell you the presidents name, year, my moms name or fathers name including many other things."

Eli is currently in the ICU. If you'd like to help, Eli's family has organized a GoFundMe to cover medical bills. Click here to donate.

Photo: Getty Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Why hasn't the bouncer been arrested? This was totally unnecessary.

For those of you without FB, here's what one witness said and others are pretty much confirming it (grammatical errors and typos intact):

But alright... it was around 1:40am-1:45am tops. They started to kick everybody out. They did it rudely and violently as they started. Me, [redacted], Eli and [redacted] was in the middle of Brogans in front of the bar. Literally the worse plays to be pushing ppl period, but he went in Eli face said (get tf out time to go). Eli told him he don't have to get in his face to tell him that. We said frfr. He shoves Eli in the face. And approached us Eli threw the bottle. It missed the bouncer I ducked and it hit [redacted] in the head. Dude turned an hit Eli for none apparent reason. they both fell over. now we tryna get the dude off Eli. But buddy was huge af we got him off Eli. Eli wasn't paying attention the bouncer came ot of know where and hit Eli again... he fell over. We told the bouncer to back tf up an we took Eli outside. we left everything inside keys, drinks and all. we get outside, the bouncer screams he hit me with a bottle but that was a lie the bottle hit [redacted] so all of us said no that bottle didn't it came from us getting you off Eli. So we outside and the bouncer comes out and says (your still here) and Eli wasn't paying attention again n hit Eli with full force. Eli fell straight back before we could catch him he hit the Ground very hard head first we all was finna jump this man but again the crowed told us not to it's gonna just get worse..by this time [redacted], me, [redacted] are tryna to wake Eli up n holding em but he didn't he was breathing light but deep it was very scary... we called the cops... he got up n just hugged all of us n got in the ambulance. It hurted all of us n the fact that we couldn't do anything. Nobody saw this dude as big as he was nobody saw him coming to hit Eli those 3 times he snuck up on him smh
    Eli is built like a brick shithouse, but according to several accounts I read, he didn't fight back (with the exception of starting the whole thing by throwing a bottle after he was shoved by the bouncer). Doesn't excuse the bouncer's actions though. I can't find a FB for the bouncer, but I'd like to see what he looks like, because Eli is fit and looks like he would be a worthy opponent in any battle.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

With alcohol flowing, who knows what really happened or what the true story is?

Back when I was in my early 20's, I was hooking up with this bouncer at a local pool hall my friends and I would go to. Nothing serious. But one night me and my roommates decided to go play pool there. When one of my roommates (male) as at the bar, the bouncer started being a dick to him. I wasn't there so not sure how the convo went, but basically the bouncer told my roommate "oh, I can get her to do whatever I want, she's my property" (about me) and my roommate lost it and hit him and next thing I know they were outside scuffling. I just remember yelling to get my roommate and his brother (who jumped in) to stop before the cops came. Finally got them in the car and we left and never went back. It was a crazy scene.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Why hasn't the bouncer been arrested? This was totally unnecessary.

For those of you without FB, here's what one witness said and others are pretty much confirming it (grammatical errors and typos intact):

Eli is built like a brick shithouse, but according to several accounts I read, he didn't fight back (with the exception of starting the whole thing by throwing a bottle after he was shoved by the bouncer). Doesn't excuse the bouncer's actions though. I can't find a FB for the bouncer, but I'd like to see what he looks like, because Eli is fit and looks like he would be a worthy opponent in any battle.
    I think this is Randall's Facebook. I hope I'm right.
    https://www.facebook.com/randall.collins.7773/

I think this is Randall's Facebook. I hope I'm right.
    https://www.facebook.com/randall.collins.7773/
    If he's the dude on the left I can totally see him being a bouncer.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

KT, I forgot to say, I'm not sure why he wasn't arrested. I guess because police are still looking through surveillance tapes. Hopefully, that'll clear everything up.
    Nic, I agree. He's a big boy! I've never seen him before, but I don't go to Brogens at night.

https://thebrunswicknews.com/breakin...907aea953.html

Bouncer charged in bar incident that left patron hospitalized
    By LARRY HOBBS lhobbs@thebrunswicknews.com 9 hrs ago
    080720_bouncer mug
    Randall Collins

A bouncer at Brogen’s South in the Pier Village on St. Simons Island has been arrested and charged with aggravated battery after allegedly delivering a punch that landed a 21-year-old man in the hospital with brain injuries, Glynn County police said.

Randall Collins, 32, of Brunswick was arrested and charged with felony aggravated battery, two counts of misdemeanor battery and one count of misdemeanor simple battery. Collins remained in the Glynn County Detention late Wednesday afternoon without bond.

According to a police report, an altercation between Collins and customer Elijjah Mukes began inside the restaurant and pub at around 1:48 a.m. Monday as staff were telling patrons to leave.

Collins and another employee alleged Mukes hit Collins with a beer bottle during the argument, but friends of Mukes relayed to police that the bottle flew from Mukes’ hand as Collins shoved him “off his feet,” according to the police report.

There apparently was a second confrontation between the two outside the establishment, according to the police report. However, the initial police report is unclear exactly what occurred outside.

Mukes, a Glynn County resident, was “wearing no shirt and laying on the ground” outside when the first police officer arrived amid a chaotic scene, the police report said.

Collins told police that Mukes took a swing at him at the door and missed, then Collins said he “punched Eli in the face,” the report said. He told police Eli took off his shirt and attempted to fight again, the report said.

Mukes’ mother told police several of her son’s friends allege that Collins attacked him unprovoked. Friends told Mukes’ mom “that Eli was walking away after getting beat up the first time,” the report said, “and he was trying to leave when Randall approached and began beating Eli again.”

A Brogen’s manager said the establishment had surveillance video inside and outside. However, police could not get access to the video at the time of the incident, the report said. It is unclear whether police have since viewed that video.

Mukes was taken by ambulance to Southeast Georgia Health System’s Brunswick hospital. He was transferred to UF Health Jacksonville after it was discovered he suffered bleeding on the brain, the police report said.

Facebook posts from Mukes’ father and other family members indicate that his condition is improving, though he remains hospitalized.

One on-scene witness, whom the officer said “appeared mostly sober,” alleged that Mukes did hit Collins with a beer bottle inside the bar. But, the witness told police, it was allegedly all Collins after that. The witness said “it ‘Triggered an a#$ whooping like I’ve never seen,” the report said. The witness said Randall “hit him so many times, and just kept hitting him.”

The investigation is ongoing, police said. Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call Glynn County Police Investigator Parker Marcy at 912-279-2919.

Thread Information