Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Leila Cavett (21) missing from Jasper, AL after her toddler found wandering the streets alone in Miramar, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Why is Kamdyn in foster care? Couldn't family members step in and look after him?
    Her sisters and the baby's father have both stepped forward to care for the baby. Maybe the State won't give up the baby until they know he's safe from whatever happened to his mother.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Her sisters and the baby's father have both stepped forward to care for the baby. Maybe the State won't give up the baby until they know he's safe from whatever happened to his mother.
    This. And both parties are from out of state so I imagine Florida is reluctant to send the kid out of their jurisdiction until they figure out what's going on. Not to mention lots of routine custody matters have ground to a halt with covid (at least here) don't know about Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Oh this can't be good.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/broward/...g-alabama-mom/

Self-proclaimed witch doctor arrested in case of missing Alabama mom

A self-proclaimed witch doctor has been arrested in connection to the case of the missing mom from Alabama.

U.S. Marshals arrested Shannon Ryan, who claimed he was the last person who saw Leila Cavett, on Saturday.

Ryan, who is also from Alabama and a teacher of witchcraft, according to his Facebook page, posted a video talking about how he was in the center of the missing mom case.

“Why is it you have a missing woman, and the last person that’s seen her, which is me, who talked to the police, you ain’t heard nothing about me,” he said in the Facebook video.

Cavett disappeared in July, and her 2-year-old son was found wandering alone in a neighborhood alone in Miramar.

Ryan claimed he had known Cavett for a year or so, and he took her and her son in at one point when she had nowhere to go. He said that he was visiting a student in Hollywood, he got in touch with her.

Cavett allegedly told Ryan that she has gotten a truck.

“I said, ‘Let me buy that truck from you,’” Ryan said. “‘I’m not selling my truck.’ I’m like, ‘Leila, come on, sell me the truck.’”

Ryan said she eventually agreed and started driving down to South Florida. On July 25, the two met up at the parking lot of a Walmart in Hollywood.

“She got in the car with me — boom — and we pulled off, just like I told the police department,” Ryan said.

Ryan said he paid Cavett $3,000 to buy the truck from her, and they made a stop at a RaceTrac gas station close by.

Photos released by the FBI confirmed that Cavett was at the gas station that day.

Ryan then said that the rest of the day was spent eating out and at the beach. Hours later, they returned to the same RaceTrac gas station, where Cavett was last seen.

“It’s some guys in a car that she talking to. Leila got her and her son and got in the car with those guys,” he said.

Ryan said he tried to discourage her from leaving with the men, but she went anyway. Then he waited for Cavett in his car next to her truck, but she never returned.

At some point after leaving and then returning to the truck, he had company.

“Police everywhere, they jumped out ‘Hey, what are you doing? Freeze!” Ryan said.

Ryan took photos of the officers searching his car. He said he answered all of their questions before he left.

“We have a missing woman, and I gave the police everything that I know. Everything,” he said.

Ryan has been charged with two counts of lying to a federal officer.

The ole "some guys" story. Sure, sure.

https://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-new...KTIVWBYJ3WICE/

Federal authorities have taken into custody a man purporting to be the last person to see a missing Atlanta woman, whose 2-year-old son was found wandering alone last month in a shirt and diaper at a South Florida parking lot.

Federal authorities arrested Shanon Demar Ryan on two counts of lying to a federal officer, according to an online jail booking log for the Broward County Sheriff's Office.

It was not immediately clear if the arrest had any connection to the disappearance of Leila Cavett, the 21-year-old mother whose child was found July 26 in Miramar, Florida.

The special agent in charge of the FBI?s Miami office had sought help from the public in locating the missing woman, and he echoed concerns about the ?safety and well-being? of the young mother.
    This story says he was charged with kidnapping.
    https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...deral-charges/

A man who says he was one of the last people to see Leila Cavett before she went missing has been charged with kidnapping, court documents show.

Shannon Ryan is expected to appear in federal court on Monday.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 08-17-2020 at 07:31 AM.

So every other story I read says he was arrested for kidnapping, and the other stories say he wasn't. These two stories came out within minutes of each other. Which one is it?!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-w...g-leila-cavett

A self-proclaimed witch doctor has been charged with kidnapping in the disappearance of a woman whose 2-year-old child was found last month by Florida police wandering alone in a soiled diaper, it was learned Monday.

FBI agents arrested Shannon Demar Ryan, 38, on Saturday, He was being held in a Broward County jail, records show.
    https://people.com/crime/man-says-he...ing-to-police/

Man Arrested in Case of Missing Ga. Mom Whose Toddler Was Found Wandering Alone in Fla.

Shanon Demar Ryan has not been charged with kidnapping or harming Leila Cavett, who was last seen in July

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So every other story I read says he was arrested for kidnapping, and the other stories say he wasn't. These two stories came out within minutes of each other. Which one is it?!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-w...g-leila-cavett

https://people.com/crime/man-says-he...ing-to-police/
    According to the affidavit he was charged with kidnapping her 2 year old son (not Leila, yet). I think they have or will charge with abandoning him, too, but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...a-cavett-case/

The full description of his charge is “knowingly and willfully kidnap, seize, confine, abduct, and carry away the victim with the intent to collect a ransom, reward, or other benefit and held the victim for that reason; and used a facility or an instrumentality of interstate or foreign commerce in committing or furtherance of the offense.”

According to his criminal complaint, Ryan told detectives that he has known Cavett since about January 2019 and that, among other reasons, Cavett recently traveled to South Florida to sell him her pickup truck for $3,000.

Detectives said Ryan told them he met Cavett at a RaceTrac gas station in Hollywood on July 25 and that they went to the beach with her son that afternoon in Ryan’s gold Lexus.

According to the complaint, Ryan claimed they parked their vehicles at the pumps after returning to the gas station and he last saw Cavett and her son leaving with several black males in a dark-colored sedan around 2:30 a.m. the morning of July 26.

“She grabbed her kid and got into the car with those guys,” Ryan said in a video posted to his Facebook page.

Police said surveillance video from the gas station does not show Ryan’s car at the pumps nor Cavett getting into a dark sedan.
    According to the court document, surveillance video shows Ryan’s car directly in front of the apartment complex where Kamdyn was found by a good Samaritan.

Police said the car was in the area minutes before the boy was picked up and the vehicle is very distinguishable because it is missing its front bumper.

Authorities said surveillance video also shows Ryan’s car leaving the gas station around 8:15 a.m. that morning and returning at 8:38 a.m., which is consistent with the time frame in which Kamdyn was abandoned and then found.

According to the complaint, detectives discovered that Ryan had been using another person’s debit card to make purchases at the RaceTrac and at a Walmart.

Among the items purchased were garbage bags, extra strength carpet odor eliminator and duct tape, the document stated.

Police said Ryan posted a nearly hour-long video on Facebook Aug. 9 discussing his relationship with Cavett, claiming to have helped her during a time she was homeless and saying that he covered a window of her truck with a garbage bag because the window was broken.

Surveillance video shows that no windows were broken on the vehicle while it was at the gas station, however when police recovered the truck, they said the driver’s-side window was broken and the driver-side visor was bent.

Police said shovels with small droplets of a red substance on them were also recovered.

According to the complaint, Ryan tried to sell the truck to another man for $1,000.

A gas station employee told detectives that they recalled Ryan using the RaceTrac dumpster and noticed children’s toys and women’s clothing inside it.

The complaint states that a federal search warrant was executed on Ryan’s iPhone on Aug. 15 and detectives discovered he had made various suspicious Google searches, including “What day does commercial garbage pickup for Hollywood, Florida?” and “Does bleach and alcohol make chloroform?”
    So I guess witch doctors use Dr. Google too.

Check out this FB post (I couldn't get to the link referenced so I couldn't see the entire article):

Never Forget Me
    22 hrs ?

🔄 UPDATE: Alabama witchdoctor charged with kidnapping for ransom. Where is Leila?? Her son and her family need her to come home. 💔💔 Praying she is found safe, soon. 🙏🙏

Please, if you have any information ☎️1-800-CALL-FBI or go to FBI.GOV/TIPS.☎️

The FBI said Thursday the last record they have of Jasper, Alabama resident Cavett alive is the security camera video from July 25 at a Hollywood RaceTrac station. Her 2-year-old son, Kamdyn, was found the next day walking around a Miramar apartment complex, launching the investigation into his mother?s disappearance.

Ryan?s an incessant poster on Facebook over the pages ?Shannon Ryan? and ?Magnetic Kundalini,? the latter of which is devoted to ?Witchcraft, Knowledge of Self, Kemetic Kundalini & Chakra meditation, Kemetic Science, Health, wellness, fitness, mentorship.?

Ryan claims he met Cavett when she showed up at his house on a rainy night, filthy, pushing a similarly filthy baby carriage with goods, food, and Kamdyn. After she told him a story Ryan said he didn?t believe about being abandoned, he said he took her and her son into his home. Despite helping Cavett get a car, Ryan said, she stole from him twice.

?I hexed her,? Ryan said. ?Until you return my (stuff), everything you took, everywhere you go, people will try to take your son.?

Ryan said he came down to Hollywood because one of his students was sick. When she got hospitalized with pneumonia, he said he called Cavett to take the student?s place on an unspecified project that would take him into the Keys and the Everglades. He said he called Cavett ?because she?s a survivor. I?m going out in the woods, the Everglades.?

Read the full article here :
    https://www.al.com/?/alabama-witch-d...sted-in-leila?
    She's in a gator's belly in the Everglades.

Shanon's witchdoctor FB page: https://www.facebook.com/magnetickundalini81/

Here's the video, almost an hour long, I couldn't get all the way through it:

https://www.facebook.com/magnetickun...8217198150474/

I will reserve final judgment until I see what the State has on him, but it doesn't look good.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 08-18-2020 at 02:17 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Check out this FB post (I couldn't get to the link referenced so I couldn't see the entire article):

She's in a gator's belly in the Everglades.

Shanon's witchdoctor FB page: https://www.facebook.com/magnetickundalini81/

Here's the video, almost an hour long, I couldn't get all the way through it:

https://www.facebook.com/magnetickun...8217198150474/

I will reserve final judgment until I see what the State has on him, but it doesn't look good.
    I am normally willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but I think we passed that street a long time ago. I agree, he dumped her in the Everglades and she will probably never be found.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...-leila-cavett/

The FBI is now offering a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who has information that leads to the location of Leila Cavett, 21, who was last seen on July 25.

“The FBI is actively seeking information relating to the whereabouts of Leila Cavett,” said George L. Piro, Special Agent in Charge, FBI Miami. “We are still relentlessly investigating the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. Any information, no matter how seemingly insignificant, may be important to finding Leila. We thank those who have already provided information and urge other members of our community to come forward.”

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...-case/2300744/

The FBI was searching a landfill in Broward County Thursday as part of the investigation into the disappearance of a young mother in South Florida.

The search was underway at the Monarch Hill Landfill in Pompano Beach as the two-month search for 21-year-old Leila Cavett continued, FBI officials said in a statement.

Footage showed FBI agents and crews at the landfill digging through the debris.
    Investigators determined that she spent time in several Broward County communities, including Hollywood, Miramar and Fort Lauderdale. Her vehicle was found July 28 in Hollywood.

Investigators arrested Shannon Ryan, 38, and charged him with kidnapping with the intent of collecting a ransom, reward or other benefit for allegedly taking Kamdyn.

Thread Information