Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leila Cavett (21) missing from Jasper, AL after her toddler found wandering the streets alone in Miramar, FL

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Leila Cavett (21) missing from Jasper, AL after her toddler found wandering the streets alone in Miramar, FL

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/mul...a-neighborhood

Law enforcement agencies in Florida and Alabama are looking for a woman who could be the mother of a little boy found wandering alone in a Broward County neighborhood.

Miramar police said the child, who appears to be 2 to 3 years old, was seen walking near SW 68 Ave and 18th Street on Sunday morning. Investigators said officers spent hours canvassing the area and knocking on doors but said no one recognized the toddler.

WSVN7 News in Miami spoke with a woman named Gina Lewis who lives in Alabama and says the little boy is "100%" her nephew, 2-year-old Kamdyn. She said her sister, Leila Cavett, is Kamdyn's mother and that Leila had been living in Georgia.

?Only the worst things possible are going through my mind because I know my sister, and she might do some crazy things sometimes, but she would never leave Kamdyn. She would never leave him,? Lewis told WSVN.

Monday evening, the Miramar Police Department posted a request for information on Facebook about a woman named Leila Cavett, who may be the child's mother.

"We are concerned for her safety and well-being," the post said.

Cavett was last seen driving a white, mid-to-late-90s Chevy 3500 truck with a maroon or red tailgate and a ?Baby on Board? sign on the passenger window.

Officers are asking anyone who has information about the boy or his mother's whereabouts is asked to call Miramar police at 954-602-4000.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...ne-in-broward/

The Miramar Police Department have identified the young boy found wandering in the parking lot of an apartment complex Sunday morning.

Detectives said late Monday they are actively searching for the boy’s mother, 21-year-old Leila Cavett, who is missing. Her son’s name is Kamden.

When images of young Kamden went viral, they eventually found their way to family members.

“Someone sent it to my sister and they sent it to me and I said 100 percent that’s Kamden, but the question is why are they in Florida,” said Gina Lewis, Leila Cavett’s sister.

That’s because they apparently live in Jasper, Alabama, about a 12 hours drive from South Florida, where the family says it has no connections.

“Were in the middle of a pandemic,” Lewis said. “So it’s not like they were taking a vacation out of the blue with the baby. There’s no way.”

(2/2) information on her whereabouts is urged to contact the Miramar Police Department at (954) 602-4000 (press 0 for communications). #RetweeetPlease #MiramarPD pic.twitter.com/CsZzvqLZLy
    — Miramar Police (@MiramarPD) July 27, 2020

Ebony Williams said she found Kamden walking barefoot in the parking lot on Sunday morning in Miramar. He was wearing a soiled diaper and a T-shirt.

“I asked him, you know, ‘Where is your mommy?' And he kind of just pointed, kind of like everywhere. And I reached out my hand, and he grabbed my hand and I just walked around the complex hoping that I would find somebody looking for him,” Williams said.

Lori Rodriguez said after Williams approached her she volunteered to change his diaper and take care of him. Unable to find his parents, the two mothers decided to call 911.

The boy isn’t old enough to give police officers his name or age. Officers gave him toys and played with him. They turned him over to the Florida Department of Children and Families on Sunday.

Pictures of the vehicle Leila Cavett was last seen driving: pic.twitter.com/99r2J4qOHj
    — Miramar Police (@MiramarPD) July 27, 2020

“All of my friends, we are all still waiting for the Amber Alert to say that somebody was looking for this baby,” Williams said, adding “it’s heartbreaking because nobody is looking.”

Police say they are concerned for the safety of Cavett, who was last seen driving a mid-to-late 90s white Chevy 3500, with a maroon or red tailgate and a ‘baby on board’ sign on the passenger window.

“Wven if you see someone you think is her that fits the description, please let the police know,” Lewis said.

Officers are asking anyone with information to call the Miramar Police Department at 954-602-4000 or Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-8477.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    See, because sometimes your worst fears are realized.

How in the fuck did that little guy get all the way down there?

What happened to his mom?

There's got to be some footage, somewhere, of her in the car...but without the vehicle, they would be searching for the needle in a giant haystack.

I'll be watching this one for sure.

I have a really bad feeling about this one. Ugh.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...d-e028cff1806c

A toddler was found hundreds of miles from his home wearing nothing but a T-shirt and a diaper. Now police are concerned about the safety of his mother who has not been seen.

Police in Miramar, Florida told 11Alive that the Alabama woman, Leila Cavett, 21, was staying in the Atlanta/north Georgia areas recently. The Miramar Police Department said she left north Georgia for south Florida and investigators are "gravely concerned for her safety and well being."

It was early Sunday morning when police said the toddler was found wandering around by himself in a parking lot in Miramar. A woman who lives in the apartment complex nearby, Ebony Williams, saw him, called police, and waited with the boy.

“It’s heartbreaking," she told NBC 6 Miami. "I had a bottle of water. I gave him the bottle. He knew how to, you know, drink out of it pretty good.”

It took police two days to tentatively identify the boy’s missing mother as the 21-year-old, and identify the boy as two-year-old Kamdyn Cavett Arnold.
    Credit: NBC

Cavett’s sisters, who live in Alabama, drove to south Florida to help police.

“We know that Kamdyn’s OK, but we definitely want to make sure that Leila’s OK," said Gina Lewis, one of Cavett's sisters.

Family members said they do not believe the mother would abandoned her young son, there or anywhere else.

“It is definitely out of character for her to be in Florida," Lewis said.

She said they talked with Cavett 10 days ago.

“We’re in Alabama. She lives in Georgia. If it’s not those two states, we don’t understand why she would be here, for sure," Lewis said to NBC 6.

MIramar Police told 11Alive that with the family's help, they were later able to use the boy's DNA to establish that Cavett is, in fact, his mother; so they know who she is, they just don't know where she is. They are asking people in the Metro Atlanta and north Georgia areas--including, possibly, in Dawson County--who know Cavett or who might have any information about her, to call 911. They said anyone who may have details about why she was in Florida or why she left Georgia should call them.

Police are also looking for Cavett's pickup truck, a white, Chevrolet 3500, from the mid to late 1990s, with a red or maroon tailgate. There was a "Baby on Board" sign on the passenger window. Police did not immediately release the tag number.

Cavett's sisters said she has a tattoo on the inside of her right arm with Kamdyn's name in script lettering. And she has, on the top of her right wrist, a small, Christian fish symbol.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/police-h...nd-in-miramar/

Police are reviewing surveillance video linked to the disappearance of a woman believed to be the mother of a boy found wandering alone in Miramar over the weekend.

Meanwhile, her sisters traveled to South Florida from Alabama and are pleading for the public’s help in finding her.

The search continues for 21-year-old Leila Cavett, Wednesday.

Police returned to the neighborhood where, they said, 2-year-old Kamdyn was found wandering alone on Sunday.

Detectives have confirmed they have surveillance video but are not releasing the footage at this point because they are still working the case.

On Tuesday, Cavett’s sisters arrived at the Miramar Police headquarters to get an update on the search and investigation.

Lewis, along with Karina and Teyana Cavett, said the 2-year-old boy is their nephew, Kamdyn.

The women, who drove over 12 hours from Jasper, Alabama, said they last heard from Cavett over the weekend via Facebook.

“She sent our grandmother a thumbs up on Facebook. It’s the last contact that we’ve known,” said Lewis.
    Leila’s sisters said she is never without her son.

“Since he was born,” said Karina.

They are trying to figure out not only how the two got separated but also why the two were in South Florida in the first place.

“That’s the biggest question we have, is why she was in Florida. We don’t know,” said Lewis.

Leila lives in Georgia and does not have any family or friends in Florida, according to her sisters.

“On July 17, we were on the phone for about an hour, and she was fine,” said Teyana. “She didn’t have any plans to come to Florida.”

Investigators said Cavett was last seen driving a white, mid to late ’90s Chevy 3500 with a maroon or red tailgate and a “Baby on Board” sign on the passenger window.

Kamdyn will remain in child protective custody while Miramar Police search for the missing woman.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...nd-in-miramar/

Miramar police have turned the case of the missing mother whose toddler was found alone outside of an apartment complex Sunday over to Hollywood police.

The announcement came on Wednesday afternoon when the 21-year-old mother’s truck was located by Miramar police in Hollywood.

A statement from Hollywood police said: “Miramar Police received information that Leila Cavett had recently traveled to Florida from Alabama, and that her last known location was possibly in the area of Hollywood Boulevard and US 441. Additionally, Miramar Police located Ms. Cavett’s vehicle in Hollywood’s jurisdiction.”

They did not confirm when she was seen in the area or who saw her.
    Her family is still puzzled as to why Cavett’s child would be found in Florida and if she was in the area, why?

“That’s the main question that we’re trying to figure out now. We don’t know of her having any friends or family out here,” her sister Gina Lewis said.

Detectives confirmed that they are reviewing surveillance video from around the Edge Apartments where the boy was found Sunday morning around 9 a.m. by a resident of the apartment complex.

I hope his mother is found safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

They found the truck but not her....doesn't sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I hope his mother is found safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    They found the truck but not her....doesn't sound good.
    Yeah this isn't going to end well. They'll find her body and figure out that she was murdered and her vehicle was stolen with the kid in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yeah this isn't going to end well. They'll find her body and figure out that she was murdered and her vehicle was stolen with the kid in it.

Very sad, but Puzz is correct I fear.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...d-e028cff1806c

MIramar Police told 11Alive that with the family's help, they were later able to use the boy's DNA to establish that Cavett is, in fact, his mother; so they know who she is, they just don't know where she is.
    Just a thought, how did they get DNA so fast when we've seen UID cases take years?

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...244579327.html

The last time Daniel Lee West saw his son, Kamdyn, they were playing in his mother’s yard near the historical center of a small town about 60 miles northeast of Atlanta in Georgia.

Now, he may have to take a DNA test to be reunited with the 2-year-old, who was found wandering barefoot in a diaper and a black T-shirt more than 700 miles away in Miramar Sunday.

The search for his 21-year-old mother, Leila Cavett, continues for the third day in Hollywood.

Hollywood police took over the case from Miramar police Wednesday, after they received reports that Cavett was possibly seen near the area of Hollywood Boulevard and US Route 441, a highway that extends from Miami, through the states of Georgia and North Carolina, to Tennessee.

Miramar police also found her car, a mid-to-late ‘90s white Chevy Silverado 3500, in Hollywood, according to a press release.

“I just want Leila and Kamdyn safe,” said West, 35. “Leila is a great mom. [She] would do anything for our son.”

West contacted Miramar police earlier this week to claim custody of the child, but police told him he may have to provide proof that he is the father, he said.

“CPS [the Florida Department of Children and Families] is supposed to tell me what to do. I am coming there as soon as they do,” West said.

Cavett’s sisters, who traveled from Jasper, Ala., Tuesday morning to speak with police, were also unsuccessful in claiming custody and may return to Alabama soon, Cavett’s sister, Gina Lewis, said Wednesday.

West met Cavett, who is originally from Jasper, in Dawsonville, Ga., two years ago, he said.

Cavett was then in a relationship with Levi Arnold, a car aficionado who says he is from Woodstock, Ga., on his Facebook profile.

“We were never together; it was just a hookup,” said West, who now lives in Ellijay, a town 30 miles northwest of Dawsonville. “Our relationship was about Kamdyn only.”

Lewis confirmed that West is Kamdyn’s biological father and said Arnold stepped up as a father figure when the little boy was born. Arnold split up with Cavett shortly afterwards and now lives in Townley, Ala., according to his profile.

West stayed in touch with Cavett and their son Kamdyn after they moved to Alabama in 2019, and then back to Georgia earlier this year. He saw Kamdyn and sent payments to his mother every two or three weeks, he said.

He sent his last payment to Cavett Thursday around lunchtime.

Cavett was staying with her aunt Robin Jenkins in Dawsonville, until the two had a disagreement and Cavett moved to a friend’s house, according to West.

The Dawson County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Cavett was in Dawsonville in February, when a family member filed a report claiming that Cavett had been using crack cocaine at a residential home.

Cavett had been arrested the year before on charges of drug use, according to Alabama court records. It was not clear whether the case was settled, the Herald reported.

West said he was not aware of Cavett’s criminal record. However, Cavett’s sisters fear that she may have gotten into trouble.

“I am definitely thinking she is danger, just from how Kamdyn was found,” Lewis told the Herald Wednesday shortly after reposting baby pictures of her sister’s son on Facebook with the caption, “We will find your mommy soon.”

Just a thought, how did they get DNA so fast when we've seen UID cases take years?https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...244579327.html
    Two things. It's much quicker than it used to be and in this case, they have two known persons they are comparing to.

How Long Does A DNA Test Take At A Hospital?
    DNA tests performed at a hospital are generally pretty easy and fast to do

? the collection process either through a cheek swab (also called a buccal swab), saliva sample, or a blood draw is pretty fast, ranging between a few minutes and 15 minutes at most (blood draws usually take the longest considering the prep work to collect the blood in a sterile, safe manner).

But when it comes to getting results back, DNA tests at a hospital can take as little as 24 hours if the laboratory is not busy and swamped with other tests, or as much as several weeks.

In most cases, DNA tests done at hospitals, specifically paternity tests, are often relatively fast. Many people have results back from a hospital DNA test within three days to one week.

https://yourdna.com/how-long-do-test-results-take/
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Two things. It's much quicker than it used to be and in this case, they have two known persons they are comparing to.

https://yourdna.com/how-long-do-test-results-take/
    Ok, that makes sense, but we've had cases where they had two known persons and were pretty sure of ID, but it still took years. Holly Cantrell's case comes to mind. I think this case is how it should work if they are comparing two known persons, instead of it being the outlier.

Ok, that makes sense, but we've had cases where they had two known persons and were pretty sure of ID, but it still took years. Holly Cantrell's case comes to mind. I think this case is how it should work if they are comparing two known persons, instead of it being the outlier.
    I suspect it's a lot harder when you're dealing with human remains as opposed to nice freshly drawn blood, or spit. And I suspect tha for a cold case it's a much lower priority. But IDK

Leila's FB pages:
    https://www.facebook.com/leila.cavett.5
    https://www.facebook.com/leila.cavett

Poor kid was found wandering barefoot in a macadam parking lot. I can't stop thinking about how hot the pavement gets here in the summer.

Her family has said she's a great Mom and she'd never leave little Kamdyn, however she was arrested with crack cocaine a year ago, when Kamdyn was 1yo. and it appears her aunt reported her using crack in February. Personally, I've never known anyone with a crack problem to be a "great" parent. It could be a matter of perspective, or maybe she's the rare exception of a person who can focus on responsible parenting while fighting a serious drug addiction. In any event, the drug use may be related to her disappearance.

Cavett was staying with her aunt Robin Jenkins in Dawsonville, until the two had a disagreement and Cavett moved to a friend?s house, according to West.

The Dawson County Sheriff?s Office confirmed that Cavett was in Dawsonville in February, when a family member filed a report claiming that Cavett had been using crack cocaine at a residential home.

Cavett had been arrested the year before on charges of drug use,
    according to Alabama court records. It was not clear whether the case was settled, the Herald reported.

West said he was not aware of Cavett?s criminal record. However, Cavett?s sisters fear that she may have gotten into trouble.
    Apparently she's been selling things on FB marketplace, but she might not actually be in possession of some of the things she's selling (one of the items was listed as being in Ohio). I wonder if her court case was coming up and she needed $$$.

Very confusing, all of it. Here's a YT video about it:

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...r-father-says/

The father of the woman who is still missing after her 2-year-old was wandering alone at a Miramar apartment complex tells Local 10 he is terrified for his daughter.

Curtis Cavett told Local 10 that he learned through investigators that his 21-year-old daughter, Leila Cavett, may have left her home in Georgia abruptly.

"Leila actually picked up in the middle of the night and just left which sounded strange," said Curtis Cavett, who lives in Ohio.

With each day that passes, Curtis Cavett, worries for the safety of his 21-year-old daughter. It's been five days since her son, Kamdyn, was found, but no one knows where she is.

"Every day I have to pick myself up and try to move along to try and figure out to keep myself together for my daughter and my grandson," said Cavett.

The father said he had plans to visit Leila and Kamdyn in Georgia, but before he could make it there, he learned the news of his daughter and grandson.

The missing-mom mystery began on Sunday morning when Cavett’s son — identified by family as two-year-old Kamdyn Cavett Arnold — was by the resident of the Edge Apartments, 1860 SW 68th Ave. in Miramar, near the Florida Turnpike.

"It destroys me because I know how much of a great parent she really is. She is not going to leave Kamdyn alone with anyone," said Curtis Cavett.
    On her Facebook page, Leila Cavett says she works at Dunkin’ and that she lives in Atlanta, Ga. She lists Kamdyn’s birthday as April 2, 2018.

Detectives are asking for the public’s help to locate Cavett, who they are now identifying as a missing person. Call the Hollywood Police Department at (954) 764-4357(HELP) or 954-967-4411. Tipsters can e-mail or text to hollywoodpdtips@hollywoodfl.org. Information can also be given to Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-8477(TIPS) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.

Possible sex trafficking victim? There's a lot of that going on down here.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I'm wondering if she needed to pay off a drug debt. If she couldn't raise the money by selling stuff, she may have had to do a pickup in Florida for her dealer. This is a bad situation because I don't think she just left her baby.

Check out Liv's TCS site. They are reporting that Miramar police has contact with Leila, and they are treating this as a child desertion case....but then others say no, that's not true...so I am super confused now.

https://truecrimesociety.com/2020/07...streets-alone/
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 08-04-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Check out Liv's TCS site. They are reporting that Miramar police has contact with Leila, and they are treating this as a child desertion case....but then others say no, that's not true...so I am super confused now.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's true since they have retracted the statement. But how does a police department release inaccurate information like that? You either made contact with her or you didn't. There shouldn't be any announcement until that's confirmed.

I have been trying to follow but there are so many threads/comments it's impossible to read them all. I did notice that it came out they had contact with her and then it was quickly squashed. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

https://www.oxygen.com/crime-news/le...an-from-online

The father of a Georgia woman who disappeared after an unexplained trip to Florida believes she may have been attempting to meet someone from online dating.

Leila Cavett, 21, has been missing for nearly two weeks since her young son, Kamdyn, was found wandering around a Miramar parking lot wearing nothing but a T-shirt and soiled diaper. Police in Hollywood said a few days later that they found her abandoned truck but no sign of the woman.

Her father, Curtis Cavett, believes his daughter may have been attempting to meet up with someone she met on an online dating website prior to her disappearance, he told local outlet NBC Miami.

“It’s on her Facebook. I have to meet with detectives tomorrow so we can see if we can go into her messages on her Facebook," Curtis said Monday, explaining that searching Leila's social media led him to the conclusion she was attempting to meet someone.

"I want to let her know, 'listen, I love you. I’m here on the ground, me and my team is here searching for you,'" Curtis told NBC Miami. "We’re not gonna stop until we get some answers or justice. We want people to be vigilant of their surroundings.”

Ugh. On-line dating app. I can't stop thinking sex trafficking. I really hope I'm wrong.

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/brow...ida-last-month

The FBI said Thursday they are asking for the public's assistance in the mysterious disappearance of a woman who visited South Florida last month.

Officials said they are pursuing multiple leads in the disappearance of Leila Cavett, 21, who disappeared in South Florida July 26 after
    arriving the previous day.

FBI Miami Special Agent in Charge George L. Piro said Thursday that Cavett was in Hollywood, Miramar and Fort Lauderdale Beach during her brief time in South Florida.

Surveillance photos provided by the FBI show she visited a Cracker Barrel restaurant in Vero Beach on July 24.
    "Leila's separation from her son is completely out of character," Piro said.
    "We believe some people who are familiar with the circumstances surrounding Leila's disappearance remain in our community, while some have left the area," Piro said.

Piro said Cavett is 5 feet 4 inches tall and 120 pounds with a tattoo of her son's name "Kamdyn" on her right, inner arm along with a "Jesus fish" tattooed on her right wrist.

"We are trying to identify and contact everyone who she might have spoken to or come in contact with," Piro said.

Miramar police said in a tweet on July 30 that Kamdyn is currently in foster care.

The FBI asks the public to call 1-800-CALL-FBI or submit a tip on the FBI's website if you have any information on Cavett's disappearance or whereabouts.

Why is Kamdyn in foster care? Couldn't family members step in and look after him?

Thread Information