Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Americans receiving 'mystery seeds' from China

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    https://www.5newsonline.com/article/...0-53e0c1fd0a24

Arkansas person mystery plants seeds.
    JL, have you received seeds? If you do, are you going to plant them? RBW will yell at you if you do.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    JL, have you received seeds? If you do, are you going to plant them? RBW will yell at you if you do.
    No I don't have these "seeds" or biological hazards though.but then again I would love to see a Del Bigtree reaction to this one though.

Now that we know they're not going to wipe out our food supply, I'm good with you planting them. Food is kind of important to me.

No Pandemic Tree for me, boo.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

And I'm pretty sure they come from China too. Everything on wish.com comes from China, doesn't it?
    pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    No I don't have these "seeds" or biological hazards though.but then again I would love to see a Del Bigtree reaction to this one though.
    Maybe he'll make a docu-... oops!... mockumentary.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Now that we know they're not going to wipe out our food supply, I'm good with you planting them. Food is kind of important to me.
    I might like food a little too much, because I don't think we should be so quick to "declare safe" these Killer Seeds from China!!! I need a good conspiracy in my life right now, because 2020 hasn't been bizarre enough.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    pretty much
    Yeah, it's like the WalMart of the InterWebz, right? I've heard of it, but never shopped there. Collections, Inc. is my go-to for cheap but cute Chinese goods. I'm disappointed about 70% of the time, but Collections Disappointment is like childbirth.... you forget all about it when the next catalog of awesomeness arrives. Because really, who doesn't need a few strings of flamingo party lights?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Kim,

Don't forget LTD Commodities!

. CNN) ? Amazon has barred foreign sales of seeds in the United States, following unsolicited mystery packets being shipped to Americans, mostly postmarked from China.

The retail giant?s policy on plant and seed products, which was updated on September 2, prohibits the sale of seeds imported from outside the United States or sold by non-US residents. The new policy extends to both plants and plant products.

?Moving forward, we are only permitting the sale of seeds by sellers who are based in the US,? Amazon said in a statement.

Sellers who don?t comply with Amazon?s policies could have actions taken against their account, which include listing cancellations, suspended or forfeited payments or being banned from selling on the site. It?s unclear if the seed ban will extend to other countries.

Amazon?s new rule comes after all 50 states were issued warnings by the US Department of Agriculture in July, after mystery packages of seeds had been sent to households in the US with postmarks from China. Some packages were mislabeled, specifying they included jewelry or beads, despite only containing a clear, plastic package of seeds.

Although its still unclear who is sending the seed packets or why, the USDA states it believes the unsolicited packages are a part of a ?brushing scam.?

?At this time, we don?t have any evidence indicating this is something other than a ?brushing scam? where people receive unsolicited items from a seller who then posts false customer reviews to boost sales,? the USDA said in a statement in July.

The federal agency says it?s also intensifying its engagement with e-commerce companies to ensure they are in compliance with USDA regulations.

Several agencies have since been investigating the situation, including the Department of Homeland Security?s Customs and Border Protection, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the US Postal Service and state agriculture departments.

Agriculture officials have warned those who receive the packages to not plant them, as the unknown seeds could be invasive species that ?wreck havoc? on the environment.

As of August 11, the USDA says its working with China to investigate the mass shipment of seed packages and how to stop future unsolicited imports. The USDA has collected over 8,507 packages from 50 states and completed 2,410 examinations of those packets, according to the agency. In total, 321 different species of seed have been identified.

So far, the USDA says no major problems have been found by experts examining some of the seeds from China.

https://kfor.com/news/amazon-bans-fo...to-households/

Here is an update but this time Amazon is making a statement on that.

Thread Information