Page 935 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 435 835 885 925 933 934 935 936 937 945 985 1035 1435 ... LastLast
Results 23,351 to 23,375 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Unfortunately it is possible. Here anyways. Im not sure about other states. I own my property outright, no mortgage but when jammie got laid off that time i applied for food stamps and since i didnt have a mortgage, they just asked what my property taxes were and divided that up over 12 months and called that my housing payment. I had also asked because i had a bunch of vehicles and i had to list them and i thought for sure that we would be denied over it and she said no. I listed off the '06 Dodge that was valued at 20+K and my other vehicles.

Remember hearing about that one girl that won the lottery and people were outraged because she won like close to a million or something and was still receiving food stamps? It's loopholes.

FIL isnt reporting that he is collecting this extra money in rent tho. I just now thought of that. This will catch up with him and he will end up with fraud on him possibly.
    I checked on the regs for Oregon. The last couple of years have seen some changes but if your FIL is "loaded", he should not be receiving food stamps.Disability is another matter but if he is receiving food stamps, he is not reporting income. If he gets busted he's fucked.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

I think WTBB definition of loaded and mine differ. With the property and the disability he is only bringing in $1500 a month. Even if he did not spend a penny a year that is $18,000 a year. I am sure he has to spend money on other things. Even with that income he would not qualify for stamps here but I do not know what each state regulations are.

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

Quote Originally Posted by krazegirl View Post
    I think WTBB definition of loaded and mine differ. With the property and the disability he is only bringing in $1500 a month. Even if he did not spend a penny a year that is $18,000 a year. I am sure he has to spend money on other things. Even with that income he would not qualify for stamps here but I do not know what each state regulations are.

Yeah, $1500 a month and being single is rich by welfare standards. I don't know much about the system, but I was told that as a single person, I couldn't own a house, couldn't have a retirement fund that could be cashed in, no savings (cash, CD's, bonds), or car worth over $2k. Actually, if I had any of those things, the total value of ALL could not exceed 2k. This included monthly income. You basically have to be homeless to get food stamps as a single person with no dependents. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I qualify. FML.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Yeah, $1500 a month and being single is rich by welfare standards. I don't know much about the system, but I was told that as a single person, I couldn't own a house, couldn't have a retirement fund that could be cashed in, no savings (cash, CD's, bonds), or car worth over $2k. Actually, if I had any of those things, the total value of ALL could not exceed 2k. This included monthly income. You basically have to be homeless to get food stamps as a single person with no dependents. It's ridiculous.
    Being single it is harder to get food stamps but if it was easy everyone would get on stamps. I have been on them before and as happy when I was able to get off. It is there to help you out but shouldnt just be a, "well I dont want to pay for food so lets get the governement to do it," thing. I see a lot of people abuse the system and it makes me sick because I know people that have not been able to get it because of this loop hole or that loop hole.

Being single it is harder to get food stamps but if it was easy everyone would get on stamps. I have been on them before and as happy when I was able to get off. It is there to help you out but shouldnt just be a, "well I dont want to pay for food so lets get the governement to do it," thing. I see a lot of people abuse the system and it makes me sick because I know people that have not been able to get it because of this loop hole or that loop hole.

AGREED! It just always frustrates me that "the system" doesn't think single people, with no kids, don't need help sometimes, too. I see people abusing it and it makes me sick. Both, my nieces mom and my nephews mom abuse it. They both try to see their stamps every month. I want to punch them in their cooters.
    This is an example that makes me mad; a family with one income receives stamps, housing assistance, cash assistance, and anything else.
    A single person who is not receiving an income AT ALL (due to layoff, medical, not able to find work, something like that. not because they don't want to work) isn't eligible for anything because it's only one mouth. I don't get it. At least the family has some type of income. The single person is homeless and they aren't eligible for anything because their only one mouth? (rhetorical)

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

AGREED! It just always frustrates me that "the system" doesn't think single people, with no kids, don't need help sometimes, too. I see people abusing it and it makes me sick. Both, my nieces mom and my nephews mom abuse it. They both try to see their stamps every month. I want to punch them in their cooters.
    This is an example that makes me mad; a family with one income receives stamps, housing assistance, cash assistance, and anything else.
    A single person who is not receiving an income AT ALL (due to layoff, medical, not able to find work, something like that. not because they don't want to work) isn't eligible for anything because it's only one mouth. I don't get it. At least the family has some type of income. The single person is homeless and they aren't eligible for anything because their only one mouth? (rhetorical)
    Weren't you all pissed off that Zo wasn't going to go get FEMA help after Sandy? Cause she thought families should go first. You know what, I totally see your point. Fuck that. Single people fucking matter to. It does get ridiculous. We need a lobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Weren't you all pissed off that Zo wasn't going to go get FEMA help after Sandy? Cause she thought families should go first. You know what, I totally see your point. Fuck that. Single people fucking matter to. It does get ridiculous. We need a lobby.

Yeah, I was. She is just as important as anyone else. I was also pissed that people were telling her not to get help because she is single and "only" lost groceries. She fucking lost lobster ravioli!

If you can afford to not get help you should not get help. Just because it is there does not mean that you have to take it. There are a lot of other people that have no other option than to use government assistance programs. I would way rather ask family or friends before going to the government. Yes I may have to pay them back but it is less of a pain in the ass and I know that in the end I will be able to pay them back.

For example I can get WIC when I am on leave because I will be working less getting paid less. Would it be nice to have free formula, milk, juice, eggs and whatever else while I am out of work.. Sure but do I need it no. I put money in savings knowing that I was going to be out of work for awhile. Sometimes people need to plan ahead in certain cases and not just use the government.

Yeah, I was. She is just as important as anyone else. I was also pissed that people were telling her not to get help because she is single and "only" lost groceries. She fucking lost lobster ravioli!
    Yo, the more you talk, the more I'm liking it. Seriously...what the fuck??

I remember Bill Maher was saying that shit about parents on the job. "Oh, I have to leave early. I have twins in a play."
    "Fuck you, I can't leave and I have twins in the jacuzzi."

If you can afford to not get help you should not get help. Just because it is there does not mean that you have to take it. There are a lot of other people that have no other option than to use government assistance programs. I would way rather ask family or friends before going to the government. Yes I may have to pay them back but it is less of a pain in the ass and I know that in the end I will be able to pay them back.

For example I can get WIC when I am on leave because I will be working less getting paid less. Would it be nice to have free formula, milk, juice, eggs and whatever else while I am out of work.. Sure but do I need it no. I put money in savings knowing that I was going to be out of work for awhile. Sometimes people need to plan ahead in certain cases and not just use the government.

Oh, I don't think people who have money should get welfare. That's not what I'm saying, at all. I'm saying people who need it, should get it, whether they are one mouth or a dozen mouths. I don't think people should be lifers. It's there to assist, not live on forever.
    As far as FEMA, I think if someone lost something, apply. Now, if a billionaire applies for it, they are just an asshole, but they are free to apply. That's the system. No one can completely prepare for a disaster. They can leave their homes to save their lives, but lose every thing they own. People are going to abuse every system, but I would rather have a system available than nothing at all. It's a double-edge sword that I'm willing to live. I don't like it, but I will live with it.

Yo, the more you talk, the more I'm liking it. Seriously...what the fuck??

I remember Bill Maher was saying that shit about parents on the job. "Oh, I have to leave early. I have twins in a play."
    "Fuck you, I can't leave and I have twins in the jacuzzi."
    Yeah. I've worked holidays and weekends because "you don't have a family." I've come into work and have been told I have to work over because of someone has a sick kid. I understand people have kids and families and I'm willing to be flexible, but to just assume I am going to do something because I don't have a kid, is a dick move.

I've worked holidays and weekends because "you don't have a family." I've come into work and have been told I have to work over because of someone has a sick kid. I understand people have kids and families and I'm willing to be flexible, but to just assume I am going to do something because I don't have a kid, is a dick move.
    My company ALWAYS used to do this to me when I was single. They'd make me travel all the time cuz I was the only "single" one. Such BS. Now that I'm married and have a baby you better believe I'm throwing it right back in their asshole faces. Oh sorry, I can't go, I have a baby, but your kids are all grown up and out of the house, have a good trip!!"

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    My company ALWAYS used to do this to me when I was single. They'd make me travel all the time cuz I was the only "single" one. Such BS. Now that I'm married and have a baby you better believe I'm throwing it right back in their asshole faces. Oh sorry, I can't go, I have a baby, but your kids are all grown up and out of the house, have a good trip!!"
    HAHA! I bet that goes over well.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    My company makes me travel because they know I dont really like my kids.

My exes sister had a bridge card (food stamps in credit card form) for $200 a month. She was in college, living in a lavish apartment on her parents dime. Oh, and she drove a BMW. ...which she took to Chicago every weekend for bar night.

...they didn't see anything wrong with that.

But talk about a single mother trying to get food stamps and they'll tell you how she probably does drugs and doesn't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    My exes sister had a bridge card (food stamps in credit card form) for $200 a month. She was in college, living in a lavish apartment on her parents dime. Oh, and she drove a BMW. ...which she took to Chicago every weekend for bar night.

...they didn't see anything wrong with that.

But talk about a single mother trying to get food stamps and they'll tell you how she probably does drugs and doesn't deserve it.
    I. FUCKING. HATE. PEOPLE. LIKE. THAT.

If you're going to bitch about people on the dole, at least don't be a textbook hypocrite. I mean, I don't even understand why it angers people to begin with, but if you took aid (that you didn't even need) then how dare you?!?! HOW DARE YOU!?!

A single mother? Seriously??

FIL has close to 10K all together in his accounts. Im sure he will get busted eventually. When my mil was alive, they had mil, fil, 2 of my brother in laws and their g'f's living up there and they would go to the store and use all the ebt food cards on one transaction.
    Somehow it got flagged that this happened repeatedly and they were all called in and accused of fraud. Because the food stamps are to be for those specific people. It was crazy.

And morbid, it's upsetting to me that a single person would get denied. My brother in laws do not have their kids, they don't work other than under tha table or get their money from drug deals/etc and they STILL receive food stamps.

I do believe FIL will get in trouble. I think he has to go in and redo his app every 6 months and imnot sure if he lists really how much he has in the bank because i know the paperwork asks about bank accounts and also asks how much cash you have on your person!

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    FIL has close to 10K all together in his accounts. Im sure he will get busted eventually. When my mil was alive, they had mil, fil, 2 of my brother in laws and their g'f's living up there and they would go to the store and use all the ebt food cards on one transaction.
    Somehow it got flagged that this happened repeatedly and they were all called in and accused of fraud. Because the food stamps are to be for those specific people. It was crazy.

And morbid, it's upsetting to me that a single person would get denied. My brother in laws do not have their kids, they don't work other than under tha table or get their money from drug deals/etc and they STILL receive food stamps.

I do believe FIL will get in trouble. I think he has to go in and redo his app every 6 months and imnot sure if he lists really how much he has in the bank because i know the paperwork asks about bank accounts and also asks how much cash you have on your person!
    I don't even have bank accounts any more. Haha, I should apply.

People that cheat the system can fuck off. And sorry but if he is going every six months to apply for $130 that is pathetic.

I don't even have bank accounts any more. Haha, I should apply.
    he has three. two checking and then a savings. oh and i think he has some kind of stock or something, im not sure.

he barely spends money at all. everyone else pays for him, im so over it.

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Just caught this on MSM Home Page...

Mayor Cory Booker has agreed to eat within the limits of the state's average food stamp allotment, $133.26 per person per month, or $27.98 per week.

8 hr ago|By Associated Press

Newark, N.J., Mayor Cory Booker is prepared for a food stamp challenge.

He and one of his Twitter followers each plan to live for a week on the monetary equivalent of food stamps or less.

The mayor's week starts Tuesday. The North Carolina woman's began Sunday.

The mayor prepared for the challenge with a grocery purchase of $27.98.

Booker tweeted a picture of a receipt of the purchases he made Saturday at a Pathmark store in neighboring Irvington. The vegetarian mayor's grocery list included pink and black beans, corn and red delicious apples.

Booker declined requests Monday to be interviewed. He is using social media to provide updates.

Other city officials around the country have taken part in similar challenges, including Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter this past April.

The average monthly food stamp benefit was $133.26 per person in New Jersey in fiscal year 2011, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. As mayor, Booker makes about 100 times that amount, $13,400 a month.

Politicians and community leaders around the country have taken on similar challenges in recent years to highlight the difficulty of relying solely on government aid for nutrition.

Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter and U.S. Rep. Bob Brady lived on food stamps for a week earlier this year, and the mayors of Las Vegas and Phoenix, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper and the former governor of Oregon all did so within the past few years.

Most participated in the "Food Stamp Challenge," a program from the nonprofit Food Research and Action Center that gives out tools to help organizations and individuals live on a food stamp budget, typically for a week. It even developed a how-to-guide for members of Congress, which includes testimonials from eight politicians.

Celebrity chef Mario Batali and his family also did the challenge earlier this year. An AmeriCorps member serving as the community service coordinator at the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut challenged her campus to try it for a week.

Booker, a prolific Twitter user who has 1.2 million followers, has said he wants the public to participate and on Thursday said he will soon announce a celebrity who will also take part.

The North Carolina woman said she thinks it would be "great" if high-profile people tried to live on the equivalent of food stamps.

"I think everybody should do this," she said.

http://news.msn.com/politics/newark-...ocid=ansnews11

This annoys you?

I can see it as an annoyance. They are living on a food stamp budget for a week.

People that cheat the system can fuck off. And sorry but if he is going every six months to apply for $130 that is pathetic.
    It happens a lot. I was very jaded about the system and watching some of the people who came in to apply for benefits. I used to be in the mindset that you needed to be driving a shitty car, not a fancy cellphone, you know...stuff like that.

I did find myself in that position at a point in time. Ive told this before but jammie was laid off on a friday and i applied for food stamps immediatly. I had always gotten my nails done every 2 weeks, my hair done every 8 weeks or so, drove nice vehicles, had the cool cell phones, etc.
    I asked the caseworker if she wondered about people like me and she said that it was natural for her to wonder but like i said to her, you have to look at each situation differnetly. It was kind of a eye opener for the both of us.

Ive gotten over what people use their food stamps for. It's their business but i do not agree in people getting them when they are siphoning money in other way and not reporting it.
    It may seem like free money to the irresponsible person but it's not.

My mom was refused food stamps but she also got disability PLUS my dad's social security which was way higher than what hers would have been. I think mom was getting about 1800 a month but she also saved and paid her bills.

She also had this thing where she insisted on buying the grandkids their yearbooks, their sports fees and equipmen and les not even forget tha if the kids went to wal mart with grandma, they came home with som ekind of new clothing or little gadget.

She found joy in that.
    My FIL is another story. He knew i was upset last night and brought home steaks and made dinner.

This annoys you?
    I think it's interesting for some of this higher up public officials to put themselves in other working class people's shoes. Oh, you can't really feed yourself for 2$ a week? Yeah, we need to fix this. Look at the case as a whole and go by the book.

I think their are just too many ways for the system to be scammed and this is why we have people getting away with it all too often.

I dis used to upset me a little bit that i couldnt justify buying steaks evenw ith my husband working but yet, the lady in front of me is buying things that i would never dream of buying simply because of the prices.
    Im cheap tho....to an extent.

Thread Information