Page 827 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 327 727 777 817 825 826 827 828 829 837 877 927 1327 ... LastLast
Results 20,651 to 20,675 of 37082

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeneria View Post
    My mom ran over our puppy and it resulted in a stomach issue. We, as a family, decided to skip our vacation so that the dog could have surgery. The dog went on to live 16 years.

I want to pretend that I could be logical and put the animal down, but unless it was inoperable cancer or something very painful and terminal or the animal deteriorating to the point where it can't control its bowels or bladder, I don't know that I could. I don't fault those who can, I just don't think I have it in me.
    I don't think it has anything to do with logic. It's laziness and a lack of willingness to spend money. My roommate in NYC worked for a vet clinic that was famous for rescuing animals that other vets would turn down, and seeing they had a full recovery and a healthy life. Imagine if we just gave up on people that easily. And for a lot of people, animals provide a comfort and love that they can't have with other people. Especially the elderly.

it's like, say I had a family member I fucking hated, and they were like 'well, we can let them die of this ailment or there's a 60% chance of recovery with the proper surgery, if you want to pay 10 grand.' If I were super shitty or totally broke, I'd be like 'fuck it'. But if you said it about someone or an animal I loved, yeah, I would fucking do everything for it.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    What? So if my infant has a health condition, I should just smother it? That's stupid. You do everything you can to preserve the animal's life and make it as comfortable as possible, and then when nothing can be done further, you put it down. Weirdly, I have had a lot of animals die on their own the day they were scheduled to be put down. My cat that had cancer spent the last week of her life purring her brains out if you even looked at her. She was just happy to be with people she loved.
    Yea, everyone knows you don't take a 15 month old dog to the vet, you only take the 15 year old one.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Well you can't really shop for a new family member at a shelter
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Well you can't really shop for a new family member at a shelter
    Brangelina does.

the washing machine decided to take a shit so now i have a basket of cold sopping wet clothes and i have to go to work. not enough snacks vids in the world.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    I hate when I get out of the shower and I'm putting lotion on, I feel a spot I missed when shaving.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

the washer might not be fixed until monday or tuesday.

I don't think it has anything to do with logic. It's laziness and a lack of willingness to spend money. My roommate in NYC worked for a vet clinic that was famous for rescuing animals that other vets would turn down, and seeing they had a full recovery and a healthy life. Imagine if we just gave up on people that easily. And for a lot of people, animals provide a comfort and love that they can't have with other people. Especially the elderly.
    Aww. That's how Chloe was rescued. Her previous owners wouldnt pay for her operation, so the vet that was going to exterminate her for them called this vet and they performed it free and adopted her out. To us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

My dad's dog was on it's last leg a couple summers ago. It would tremble and struggle just to stand up. I told him it was probably time to put her down. He said he'd wait it out to see how bad it got.

As it turns out, the dog recovered enough to not need to be put down. It's still alive 1 1/2 years later. I always thought I was wrong for suggesting he have the dog put down. But then he told me that the dog's bark has since turned high pitch, and it' just stands there all day and barks at the air. It's been doing that the last year straight. I think he'd have been better off just puttin' her down last year. Be better for him, the dog, and by now he'd be moved on emotionally from it. As it is, all that's still ahead of him.
    I wear caps with flat brims and sunglasses with white frames. I...DROOL...

Quote Originally Posted by wmdeeznuts View Post
    My dad's dog was on it's last leg a couple summers ago. It would tremble and struggle just to stand up. I told him it was probably time to put her down. He said he'd wait it out to see how bad it got.

As it turns out, the dog recovered enough to not need to be put down. It's still alive 1 1/2 years later. I always thought I was wrong for suggesting he have the dog put down. But then he told me that the dog's bark has since turned high pitch, and it' just stands there all day and barks at the air. It's been doing that the last year straight. I think he'd have been better off just puttin' her down last year. Be better for him, the dog, and by now he'd be moved on emotionally from it. As it is, all that's still ahead of him.
    My parents lab, the one I grew up with essentially, couldn't use her back legs for 18 months, couldn't control her bladder, couldn't control her bowels and they refused to consider putting her down because "she was still happy." I wasn't so sure of that. Anyway, long story short, she stopped eating and they took her to the vet who told them that she was letting go. She was in pain, she couldn't move on her own, it was time to put her down. They still debated it for another day.

For a lab to not be able to move itself around on its own and to keep it alive seemed really cruel to me.

Yea, I got another relative with an old lab that went blind almost overnight. It took a bad spill down the steps, that's how they realized it. So they not only have a blind, helpless, and pathetic dog, but a dog that has had no time to adjust to sudden blindess. And in true form, it's only answer to the confusion of blindness, is barking. What's even worse is that the dog is for the most part healthy, aside from it's eyes. I'd hate to be the one who has to care for this dog for the rest of it's days. Such a pathetic way to go out. Again, something I would want no part of as an owner.

Wait, so your dad should have put the dog down because now it barks a lot and is annoying?

If anything, he should put it down because it is blind and will never be able to live a dog's life again. Not to mention the constant burden of having to take care of a helpless blind dog. Keep in mind that everything it does, you have to help it do. Then when it's done, it will stand there and bark until you help it do something else. Sometimes it'll just bark to bark, and I think that is because it was trained to be a bad dog for so many years.

The head of my company has a blind dog. She's great. She adores him. She has arthritis, too, but she's still mobile. It wasn't that long ago when people shared your definition of life quality with people who had disabilities.

People have told me before I should put down my pitty because she has a skin allergy. Yeah her itching sucks, and if you don't stay on top of it she gets worse. But she can still eat, shit, run, play, snuggle and be a normal dog. I am going to just go ahead and say most people shouldn't be dog owners if the answer to most expensive and or annoying issues means kill the animal.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    People have told me before I should put down my pitty because she has a skin allergy. Yeah her itching sucks, and if you don't stay on top of it she gets worse. But she can still eat, shit, run, play, snuggle and be a normal dog. I am going to just go ahead and say most people shouldn't be dog owners if the answer to most expensive and or annoying issues means kill the animal.
    I 100% endorse this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Yes this.

I suppose that if someone is going to suggest that you kill your dog, they better have a good reason. But ultimately it is your own choice, even if you choose to prolongue their suffering in order to assuage your grief.

Having a skin allergy or even being blind isn't suffering. Plenty of living things learn how to overcompensate for short comings and survive. You have your criticisms. I say there is something seriously wrong with a 'pet owner' who adopts something and then can't be bothered to treat it when it's injured.

My responsibility as a pet owner is to keep them happy and comfortable and not just kill them for a little inconvenience. Suffering because you can't do anything is different then suffering because the owner is lazy and/or irresponsible.

I think that once it becomes inevitable, and there is a quality of life issue, then it's a matter of doing the right thing for the animal. If it's blind or has a rash, those are questionable situations. But there are some situations where it is beyond dispute, and the animal should be put down right away.

Ok. I agree with that.

Chicks with tats, whoa! Gets under the skin.

waking up and thinking its 7am but its really 7pm. fml.

Quote Originally Posted by rain View Post
    Chicks with tats, whoa! Gets under the skin.
    WHO ARE YOU? What planet do you hail from? What the fuck is going on?

Thread Information