Page 1482 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 482 982 1382 1432 1472 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 LastLast
Results 37,026 to 37,050 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    He's short haired.

and today's dumb thing that annoyed me:
    cards with glitter glued to them. I was looking for a congrats card at the Wegmans three days ago and touched one w/ glitter on it. I did not buy that card but I'm still finding glitter in my house.

unless there's an evil glitter fairy?!?
    I cannot do glitter. It drives me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I cannot do glitter. It drives me insane.
    I think I've told this story before but in case I hadn't told it here, my brother pissed me off so much one year that I put fine crafting glitter in his boots, coat pockets and floor heater vents. That was over 30 years ago but I hope he's still finding it when the heat goes on.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

I think I've told this story before but in case I hadn't told it here, my brother pissed me off so much one year that I put fine crafting glitter in his boots, coat pockets and floor heater vents. That was over 30 years ago but I hope he's still finding it when the heat goes on.
    OMG - you must have been really, really mad!!!

He's short haired.

and today's dumb thing that annoyed me:
    cards with glitter glued to them. I was looking for a congrats card at the Wegmans three days ago and touched one w/ glitter on it. I did not buy that card but I'm still finding glitter in my house.

unless there's an evil glitter fairy?!?
    Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
    I wish I could rep you on this one.

I wish I could rep you on this one.
    I wish I could take credit for it, but I heard a comedian say it....I was like, this is soooooo true.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I wish I could take credit for it, but I heard a comedian say it....I was like, this is soooooo true.
    It really is!

To save Social Security, they may come for your 401(k)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/reti...82cd8903&ei=66

TTAM: Ok, so it's not really dumb but I didn't know where else to put it. So they make it less advantageous for companies to offer pensions (and surprise, they stop offering them for the most part) but tell us "we've got this great retirement vehicle called a 401k". So the Gen-Xers and down have mainly had 401k's and IRA's to work with for their funding of their retirement. Now they want to kill them, or at least kill the tax benefits or them?

Freaking apply the Social Security tax to all earnings, including the amounts above the Social Security cutoff, and SS would be just fine. You don't have to steal from Peter to pay Paul, which is what this is going to do. It's not my problem that some people don't take advantage of their 401k, because others of us most certainly do. Plenty of people also have their 401k contribution tied into their compensation plan...so now that may just be gone?

Social Security was never supposed to fully fund you in retirement. If you thought it was, then I am sorry you weren't paying attention. I definitely think it needs to be shored up, and there is a super simple way to do it by just dropping the earnings cap...but this isn't the way to go about it.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 02-23-2024 at 11:43 AM.

That is asinine, but something that has been threatened over time.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    To save Social Security, they may come for your 401(k)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/reti...82cd8903&ei=66

TTAM: Ok, so it's not really dumb but I didn't know where else to put it. So they make it less advantageous for companies to offer pensions (and surprise, they stop offering them for the most part) but tell us "we've got this great retirement vehicle called a 401k". So the Gen-Xers and down have mainly had 401k's and IRA's to work with for their funding of their retirement. Now they want to kill them, or at least kill the tax benefits or them?

Freaking apply the Social Security tax to all earnings, including the amounts above the Social Security cutoff, and SS would be just fine. You don't have to steal from Peter to pay Paul, which is what this is going to do. It's not my problem that some people don't take advantage of their 401k, because others of us most certainly do. Plenty of people also have their 401k contribution tied into their compensation plan...so now that may just be gone?

Social Security was never supposed to fully fund you in retirement. If you thought it was, then I am sorry you weren't paying attention. I definitely think it needs to be shored up, and there is a super simple way to do it by just dropping the earnings cap...but this isn't the way to go about it.
    To sum it all up....do I need to be worried about losing all I have in my simple IRA?

To sum it all up....do I need to be worried about losing all I have in my simple IRA?
    You won't lose the money, but you may lose the ability to fund it going forward. And depending on what they decide to do you might have to pay the taxes on the money already in it. I don't know at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    You won't lose the money, but you may lose the ability to fund it going forward. And depending on what they decide to do you might have to pay the taxes on the money already in it. I don't know at this point.
    Not cool!

Men standing on the center median holding a sign that says hungry, need help, veteran, anything helps, god bless........and to the right is a gas station with s sign that says now hiring & to the left a garden nursery that has a sign need help now hiring.

The funny sign gas station said today "The groundhog is a liar"

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    The funny sign gas station said today "The groundhog is a liar"
    What is the temp today where you live?
    Today we have 71.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    What is the temp today where you live?
    Today we have 71.
    30 fucking 6

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

We’re close to 80 today and it is beautiful.

We’re close to 80 today and it is beautiful.
    I cannot wait to get there next week, 80 sounds fab! But yo, just my luck.....the days I'll be in Sedona its going to rain both days and Monday says snow. Also really looking forward to Rehab burger, I looked at menu, Yummy!

I cannot wait to get there next week, 80 sounds fab! But yo, just my luck.....the days I'll be in Sedona its going to rain both days and Monday says snow. Also really looking forward to Rehab burger, I looked at menu, Yummy!
    I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Rehab Burger. It is delicious and the vibe there is so laid back.

I hope the forecast changes. If you are going to be here on Saturday, that might be the better day to head to Sedona. Another place that we love is Jerome. Actually, we enjoy Jerome or Flagstaff more than Sedona, as they are not as touristy.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Rehab Burger. It is delicious and the vibe there is so laid back.

I hope the forecast changes. If you are going to be here on Saturday, that might be the better day to head to Sedona. Another place that we love is Jerome. Actually, we enjoy Jerome or Flagstaff more than Sedona, as they are not as touristy.
    I hope the weather changes too. Thur & Fri golf in Scottsdale....Sat/Sun/Mon Sedona. My airbnb is in Cottonwood, yes we are gonna hit up Jerome I wanna see that ghost town near there. I also wanna do the Birthing Cave hike. A good friend she suggested dinner at Mariposa in Sedona.

I hope the weather changes too. Thur & Fri golf in Scottsdale....Sat/Sun/Mon Sedona. My airbnb is in Cottonwood, yes we are gonna hit up Jerome I wanna see that ghost town near there. I also wanna do the Birthing Cave hike. A good friend she suggested dinner at Mariposa in Sedona.
    Okay, you will be right at Jerome, as it overlooks Cottonwood. Advice if you go there...get a boozy shake from Haunted Hamburger, but don't eat a meal there. It is way over rated. Some of the best barbecue we have had (and we're both Southerners) is at a place in Jerome called Bobby D's BBQ. It is excellent.

Also in Jerome is the largest kaleidoscope shop in the world, Nellie Bly's. Be sure to stop in there if possible.

Okay, you will be right at Jerome, as it overlooks Cottonwood. Advice if you go there...get a boozy shake from Haunted Hamburger, but don't eat a meal there. It is way over rated. Some of the best barbecue we have had (and we're both Southerners) is at a place in Jerome called Bobby D's BBQ. It is excellent.

Also in Jerome is the largest kaleidoscope shop in the world, Nellie Bly's. Be sure to stop in there if possible.
    You rock yo! I do appreciate your advice & recommendations and will check out everything you mentioned, so thank you! BBQ is my favorite I've had bbq from Texas, Louisiana, Memphis, NC, SC, St Louis & KC. The best bbq was in KC, Gates bbq!

you guys are giving me weather envy.
    It's 47 and sunny here but as soon as that flashes across my computer it's followed by 'snow expected Thursday.'
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

you guys are giving me weather envy.
    It's 47 and sunny here but as soon as that flashes across my computer it's followed by 'snow expected Thursday.'
    71 in Vegas today. Don't worry your spring will arrive soon!

I got a new washer, top loader with a huge drum. I cant reach the clothes in it. Im too short I have to hug the sides and pull my body up so my feet are in the air. Its super annoying being short. I cant reach anything.

Thread Information