Page 1474 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 474 974 1374 1424 1464 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 ... LastLast
Results 36,826 to 36,850 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    My friend's mom posted an article on Facebook about Daisy the hero dog who saved hundreds of people in the towers on 9/11. If my friend's mom just did a tiny bit of research, she'd see it's false. Instead, people are eating that shit up thinking it's true.
    Story of modern day. People don't bother looking anything up anymore and take everything as truth. Thus why birds are not really birds, but little robot spies and the earth is flat. Independent thought is going the way of the dinosaur. Except dinosaurs didn't really exist since the earth is only 3000 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    What in the actual fuck Amazon Prime doesnt do 2 day shipping anymore

It does if you reach a certain amount. We ordered signs for our home bar last night and they arrived by 6am this morning. I also think it depends on where you live. But, it sucks that they are not providing 2-day overall, as that is why everyone signed up for it.

Thats why I dont do fb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    It does if you reach a certain amount. We ordered signs for our home bar last night and they arrived by 6am this morning. I also think it depends on where you live. But, it sucks that they are not providing 2-day overall, as that is why everyone signed up for it.
    We usually dont spend a lot at a time. I ordered my nephews bday gift, and I was worried I wouldnt get it in time, but I did.

Ive never gotten an order that quickly, who in Amazon are you sleeping with

We usually dont spend a lot at a time. I ordered my nephews bday gift, and I was worried I wouldnt get it in time, but I did.

Wait, you don't get same day delivery on some stuff? I just ordered some dog treats on Amazon this morning and it will be delivered between 10 and 3 today.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Wait, you don't get same day delivery on some stuff? I just ordered some dog treats on Amazon this morning and it will be delivered between 10 and 3 today.

I don't get same WEEK delivery, even when they promise it. But it's OK. If you ordered something when I was a teen it was a very real possibility that you'd forget all about it before your "thing" arrived. All hale K-Tel records. Allow 6-12 weeks for delivery!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Y'all are spoiled. You're looking at an easy month on most things off of Amazon UK
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post

I don't get same WEEK delivery, even when they promise it. But it's OK. If you ordered something when I was a teen it was a very real possibility that you'd forget all about it before your "thing" arrived. All hale K-Tel records. Allow 6-12 weeks for delivery!
    I didn't even realize it may vary based off where you live. The catch of getting same day delivery is you have to order at least $25 worth of stuff. So when I went to buy something that was only $6, I ended up ordering more shit so I could get the one thing I wanted today. Well played, Amazon.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Even when we lived out in the country, we always received next day. Here we are getting it same day, if not at the crack of dawn the next day.

Even when we lived out in the country, we always received next day. Here we are getting it same day, if not at the crack of dawn the next day.
    BWS doesn't want to tell you who she is sleeping with, because then you might sleep with that person also and she might not get her deliveries so quickly in the future if she isn't their only side piece.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 09-14-2023 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    BWS doesn't want to tell you who she is sleeping with, because then you might sleep with that person also and she might not get her deliveries so quickly in the future if she isn't their only side piece.

I glanced at my Amazon history. Quickest was 4 days. Slowest? 25 days. Slow, but not as slow as Boston's. Of course I can't even get a letter to the state capitol in less than 3 days and that's using "overnight delivery"
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Next day? The day AFTER you order it

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

She's THAT good!

I'm not stupid. I keep the things I do to get my packages on time private. Yes, I said packages.

Yep. We even get them same day.

I'm not stupid. I keep the things I do to get my packages on time private. Yes, I said packages.
    Zah-zing! I told you she was good!

Thank you to my county who will text me at 3am to tell me about an Amber Alert in a county 10 hours from me, but cannot email or text to let us know that they lost pressure in the water system and we are supposed to be boiling water. I only found out because I came home an unusual way yesterday and there was a large sign in the median notifying us to boil water and I looked it up online. It's been going on since this weekend. Here's hoping my dogs and us don't die from drinking the water in the meantime.

Thank you to my county who will text me at 3am to tell me about an Amber Alert in a county 10 hours from me, but cannot email or text to let us know that they lost pressure in the water system and we are supposed to be boiling water. I only found out because I came home an unusual way yesterday and there was a large sign in the median notifying us to boil water and I looked it up online. It's been going on since this weekend. Here's hoping my dogs and us don't die from drinking the water in the meantime.
    Is that a common thing? I have never heard of that. What does boiling water do?

Is that a common thing? I have never heard of that. What does boiling water do?
    Boiling the water kills harmful organisms in the water. If a water plant loses pressure it can allow cross flow between pipes and allow contaminants to seep into the public water system. It's fairly common.

Residents and commercial customers in the affected area are advised to boil all tap water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth or washing dishes as a precautionary measure. A one-minute rolling boil is sufficient. Cool the water before using. Alternatively, bottled water may be used. Any ice produced by automatic icemakers should be discarded.

For laundry, allow the water to run until clear before washing clothes.

Officials said the advisory may be lifted Tuesday, depending on testing results. However, the county will let residents know when the water is safe to resume normal usage.

A sign on the median? How long were you supposed tobe doing this?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Well, that is stupid of them.

A sign on the median? How long were you supposed tobe doing this?
    Like one of those electronic signs for road work. On-going from this weekend. They haven't cleared the water yet as safe to drink. A microbiologist has to deem it safe before they can withdraw the boil water notice.

I know that Boston posted one for her area this weekend. Have none of you others ever experienced a boil water notice? Or maybe you just drank the contaminated water.

Like one of those electronic signs for road work. On-going from this weekend. They haven't cleared the water yet as safe to drink. A microbiologist has to deem it safe before they can withdraw the boil water notice.

I know that Boston posted one for her area this weekend. Have none of you others ever experienced a boil water notice? Or maybe you just drank the contaminated water.
    I have never in my life seen any of these notices, nor have I ever heard of this happening. It sounds like something out of the olden times

I have never in my life seen any of these notices, nor have I ever heard of this happening. It sounds like something out of the olden times
    You have never seen your water plant then. I worked for a city government once and got to tour ours. It it very high tech, but if you lose power then your water becomes unsafe. The electricity keeps everything pressurized, which keeps sewage and backflow out of your water. If that goes, anything can flow into the city/county water system.

You know how you hear about people having to get water in case of a hurricane? It's not because we lose water, it's because the hurricane knocks the power out and the water is unsafe for consumption.

https://time.com/6237239/boil-water-notice-what-to-do/

What to Know About Boil-Water Notices

Thread Information