Page 1437 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 437 937 1337 1387 1427 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1447 ... LastLast
Results 35,901 to 35,925 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I have Christmas anxiety too.

I never cook or bake anything. I've tried and I suck

I don't want to mess with the damn tree this year...I'm feeling grinchy too.
    Are we the same person? lol. I hate cooking/baking and I suck at it. I was basically forced to cook for Thanksgiving (since my son and his wife wanted to come over). I made mashed potatoes, stuffing, and velveeta mac and cheese. All instant (just add water shit) yet I managed to fuck it up and everything turned out nasty

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Are we the same person? lol. I hate cooking/baking and I suck at it.

I was basically forced to cook for Thanksgiving (since my son and his wife wanted to come over). I made mashed potatoes, stuffing, and velveeta mac and cheese. All instant (just add water shit) yet I managed to fuck it up and everything turned out nasty
    I can so relate to this, you and Angie understand. Cooking is a struggle for me, it's like algebra - I don't get it. People who don't follow directions and add "a dash of this and a pinch of that" boggle my mind (RBW). I've been very fortunate to have partners who love to cook; of course, I'd be a lot thinner if we ate my cooking.

For my son's first birthday I tried to bake a [box] cake at the last minute. It was so lopsided that I slapped on some vanilla icing and put miniature pine trees and skiers on top. He was born in May, the party theme was Winnie-the-Pooh.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post

I can so relate to this, you and Angie understand. Cooking is a struggle for me, it's like algebra - I don't get it. People who don't follow directions and add "a dash of this and a pinch of that" boggle my mind (RBW). I've been very fortunate to have partners who love to cook; of course, I'd be a lot thinner if we ate my cooking.

For my son's first birthday I tried to bake a [box] cake at the last minute. It was so lopsided that I slapped on some vanilla icing and put miniature pine trees and skiers on top. He was born in May, the party theme was Winnie-the-Pooh.
    That's amazing

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

OMG, I love it!

I bought 2 of those Blendjetts with 2 days free shipping last Wednesday. Still haven't gotten them. I spend almost $100!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I had to Google Blendjet. What's the selling point on Blendjet versus say.... Hamilton Beach?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I had to Google Blendjet. What's the selling point on Blendjet versus say.... Hamilton Beach?
    LOL, I did the same thing! I have a ninja that does this. (the machine, not the person )

I don't get the hype. It's for my sister and my BIL for Christmas. I better get it by then!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    LOL, I did the same thing! I have a ninja that does this. (the machine, not the person )
    An actual ninja sounds way cooler...

If I could find a ninja to chop things in my kitchen (I'm thinking with a big samurai sword) for the price I paid for this, I would totally do it!

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I have a Ninja blender that I've used twice. I want a Kitchenaid $400 mixer. I promise to bake more if I get it. I probably bake about 4 times a year, if that. I love cake and I make a mean caramel pecan cheesecake. I'm thinking about grabbing one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I have a Ninja blender that I've used twice. I want a Kitchenaid $400 mixer. I promise to bake more if I get it. I probably bake about 4 times a year, if that. I love cake and I make a mean caramel pecan cheesecake. I'm thinking about grabbing one soon.
    I have seen a lot of kitchenaid mixers on sale during the holidays. Not sure if they are what you are looking for, but this seems to be the right time to buy them. Did you get your cookware that you were wanting from Kohls?

I have seen a lot of kitchenaid mixers on sale during the holidays. Not sure if they are what you are looking for, but this seems to be the right time to buy them. Did you get your cookware that you were wanting from Kohls?
    I would kill to have all the cool kitchen things, kitchenaid, ninja, etc. But I really need counter space and storage cause my counters are packed.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Why are there always whiny beggars when a company is giving away a free item (with stipulations)?
    There was a Facebook ad for some diffuser for people with covid-19 and people were like I have lupus, cancer, etc. Why can't I get this for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

DTTAM: When my mouth works faster than my brain

I was bragging about my mother's delicious zucchini bread and volunteered to make it for the neighbors for Christmas. I've made it before and even though I can screw up toast, it came out amazing. Christmas is fast approaching and I've been procrastinating. Finally made four loaves today. My kitchen looks like a platoon of toddlers sasquatched their way through it - 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts scattered on the floor (and no dog to Hoover them up), grated zucchini everywhere (really? how did it end up on the toaster?), broken egg on the stove, flour ALL OVER the counter and floor.... And to make matters worse, they smell delicious but they LOOK awful. Why would I EVER volunteer to bake ANYTHING?!

Question for MDS Bakerpeople: The recipe made two loaves but I wanted to make four so I doubled the recipe. Is this one of those situations where you can't just double? Last time I made it I just made two and they came out great. It gave me the confidence to volunteer for this fiasco. Sigh, I'm such a numpty....

DTTAM: When my mouth works faster than my brain

I was bragging about my mother's delicious zucchini bread and volunteered to make it for the neighbors for Christmas. I've made it before and even though I can screw up toast, it came out amazing. Christmas is fast approaching and I've been procrastinating. Finally made four loaves today. My kitchen looks like a platoon of toddlers sasquatched their way through it - 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts scattered on the floor (and no dog to Hoover them up), grated zucchini everywhere (really? how did it end up on the toaster?), broken egg on the stove, flour ALL OVER the counter and floor.... And to make matters worse, they smell delicious but they LOOK awful. Why would I EVER volunteer to bake ANYTHING?!

Question for MDS Bakerpeople: The recipe made two loaves but I wanted to make four so I doubled the recipe. Is this one of those situations where you can't just double? Last time I made it I just made two and they came out great. It gave me the confidence to volunteer for this fiasco. Sigh, I'm such a numpty....

A lot of people think you should never double baking type things, but I do it a lot (sometimes the results aren't as perfect as I would like, but it works). Honestly, it could be any number of things from old baking powder to unlevel pans or humidity.

I laughed about having no dog to hoover them up (our big guy is nicknamed Hoover). During the 8 months that we didn't have a dog in 2018-2019 I told my husband that I didn't know how to cook without a dog to eat what I dropped and to give the odd bite of leftovers to. Other than that time, we've had a dog since 1993. It was weird.

Speaking of dogs, mine got out today. A bear broke our fence during the night and I didn't know and let them out this morning. The funny thing is that they didn't notice it the first time they went it, it wasn't until the 2nd time they went out that they got out. Luckily my husband was out front picking up the trash the bear scattered, and the girls came to him and I grabbed the leash and the male came to me when he heard the leash jingling. We're kind of out in the country, but the road out in front of our house is probably the 2nd busiest road in our town. I am so thankful they came back without too much issue!

A lot of people think you should never double baking type things, but I do it a lot (sometimes the results aren't as perfect as I would like, but it works). Honestly, it could be any number of things from old baking powder to unlevel pans or humidity.
    See? This is why I hate the kitchen, too many unknown variables. I'm not a chemist, I don't understand these things. I did taste one of the ugly little zucchini bread though, and it's DEElishus!

Speaking of dogs, mine got out today. A bear broke our fence during the night and I didn't know and let them out this morning. The funny thing is that they didn't notice it the first time they went it, it wasn't until the 2nd time they went out that they got out. Luckily my husband was out front picking up the trash the bear scattered, and the girls came to him and I grabbed the leash and the male came to me when he heard the leash jingling. We're kind of out in the country, but the road out in front of our house is probably the 2nd busiest road in our town. I am so thankful they came back without too much issue!
    DTTARBW: When bears leave the gate open in search of RBW's tasty leftovers.

Glad the babies came back without incident.

See? This is why I hate the kitchen, too many unknown variables. I'm not a chemist, I don't understand these things. I did taste one of the ugly little zucchini bread though, and it's DEElishus!

DTTARBW: When bears leave the gate open in search of RBW's tasty leftovers.

Glad the babies came back without incident.

That's all that really matters, you're not Martha Stewart, you're not trying to do a magazine spread, just have some tasty food!

Oh, it didn't leave my gate open...I keep my gates locked. It literally broke out two panels. You could see big muddy paw prints and scratch marks all over it. Why? I don't know. I don't even have a BBQ grill in my back yard, and my trash was out for pickup, and he definitely destroyed that...luckily that was what my husband was picking up when my dogs ran out to meet him by the road .

I wish I had taken pics of it, but the priority was to get it put back together so the brats could go back out in their yard. Now I am afraid to let them out again in the middle of the night when they have to pee, without risking my own life to the bear and walking outside to make sure he isn't in the yard and hasn't destroyed anything.

My neighbor texted me two weeks ago to tell me that the bear had climbed into their back yard. He didn't break their fence, but you could see the muddy prints all over the side of the gate. I told myself then that it was because he always smokes meat and stuff on his porch, but I guess the bear is just on the prowl right now.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 12-23-2020 at 06:25 AM.

I'm the closest to a ninja on this forum seeing that I'm Japanese and all. Lol!

I'm the closest to a ninja on this forum seeing that I'm Japanese and all. Lol!
    You should change your name to Ninja Cat!

Every year, we go to my husband's sister's house to see her kids open presents, and every year, they don't wait for us. Why did I think this year would be any different?!
    Sil is celebrating Christmas with her kids tonight, because they will all be with their different daddies tomorrow.
    She decided that presents would be opened at 5pm, some church function, and then off to daddies.
    We live 3 hours away and my husband had to work on Christmas eve. We won't be in town at 5pm.
    I was hoping my son could open presents with cousins, but I guess not.

Every year, we go to my husband's sister's house to see her kids open presents, and every year, they don't wait for us. Why did I think this year would be any different?!
    Sil is celebrating Christmas with her kids tonight, because they will all be with their different daddies tomorrow.
    She decided that presents would be opened at 5pm, some church function, and then off to daddies.
    We live 3 hours away and my husband had to work on Christmas eve. We won't be in town at 5pm.
    I don't understand anyone getting together in groups this Christmas. Count yourself lucky that you won't be able to get together, and look forward to next year after the vaccine. Sorry they treat you badly though.

You are so lucky. People are coming over here. DO.NOT.WANT

I don't even feel like putting make up on. I'm going to wear a mask bc I'm not feeling awesome.

I don't understand anyone getting together in groups this Christmas. Count yourself lucky that you won't be able to get together, and look forward to next year after the vaccine. Sorry they treat you badly though.
    His family luckily decided to cancel their big get together. They were planning on going out to eat, but they decided to have a big New Year's celebration. *eye roll*
    They are not smart at all. I wished they'd all get the coronavirus and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    You are so lucky. People are coming over here. DO.NOT.WANT

I don't even feel like putting make up on. I'm going to wear a mask bc I'm not feeling awesome.
    You can't tell them you're sick? They should be understanding if you're not feeling well.

I'm part of a children's clothing resell group. I'm on there looking for pajamas for my son. I specifically ask for pajamas that have a zipper on the right-hand side.
    Side note: why does Carter's have to make pajamas snug fit and change which side the zipper runs once your baby hits 12m?! So annoying!
    Anyhow, what does everyone send me pics of?! That's right. Pajamas with zipper on the left-hand side. These people need to learn how to read!

Thread Information