Page 1227 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 227 727 1127 1177 1217 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1237 1277 1327 ... LastLast
Results 30,651 to 30,675 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Oh, this thing? Thanks, Google!

That thing is better than your electric lawnmower. It's also better than my piece of shit weed whacker.

I see talk of weed whackers...does that mean the Hobby Lobby discussion is done?

the hobby lobby discussion never dies.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    That thing is better than your electric lawnmower. It's also better than my piece of shit weed whacker.
    Wouldn't it take days though?

Never mind. Don't answer (not for my benefit anyway). I dunno how I got wrapped up in this. I was just proud I found out what a weed whacker was.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Wouldn't it take days though?

Never mind. Don't answer (not for my benefit anyway). I dunno how I got wrapped up in this. I was just proud I found out what a weed whacker was.
    You just do the areas the lawnmower won't reach like fence lines and around trees.

You just do the areas the lawnmower won't reach like fence lines and around trees.
    Ohhhhhh. I get it.

Ohhhhhh. I get it.
    My ex drove up here (40 miles) to put the string on properly. He got nothing in return. I wonder why he hates me!

My ex drove up here (40 miles) to put the string on properly. He got nothing in return. I wonder why he hates me!

Well at least you don't wonder.

Well at least you don't wonder.
    I wonder why he does so much shit for me. He came up about a week ago to change my water filter and bring me diet coke when I didn't feel well. My cat is still at his house since I came home months ago, and I think he's holding him hostage. He wants me to come and stay at his house again so he can go out on his fucking boat without having to worry about his dogs. Hmmm. I smell a motive.

he's got a fucking boat too?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    he's got a fucking boat too?
    Yup. He docks it in Mystic and fishes almost every weekend. I get lots of fresh fish.

I just have to complain. Our local news right now is a DTTAM. I remember when he left. Cleveland was burning shit up. I swear, everybody thinks he is a freaking God.

And...the billboard went back up within 1 hour of his announcement.

i have 2 conservatives on my facebook, both were friends of my mom's when i was a small child. here is the dumb shit they post:

because california is trying to keep donald trump from flying the american flag.

i have had a headache since sunday. i still have fluid in my hears and tinnitus. i feel fucking awful. but the computer system at my dr.s office is down so they cannot make me an appointment. it has been down for at least five hours.

Walk in there and stand at the desk til they send you in to see Dr. or use a pencil and piece of paper to scribble you down an appointment. There is no sense in you suffering like that. Go share the discomfort with them.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

i feel bad, i mean. working in health care i get their frustrations but i still feel there is a workaround that they're missing/not looking for.

i'm gonna start calling walk-in clinics to see if they'll accept my insurance. or i'll just walk in to my dr.s office tomorrow. i'm sure i'll still have a headache.

it's not debilitating, but it needs to go away. i've tried everything i can and nothing i have here at home is working.

so i have an appointment tomorrow with my old dr. this is ok, because the nurse i normally see as my PCP doesn't work on thursday, anyway. ugh.

i have a feeling they'll be sending me to see an ENT.

Do you have some epsom salt Emm? You can try soaking in salt bath and putting the wet salt water rag on your head or plugging your ears and totally submerse for 30 minutes. Sounds hokey but it works. It draws infection impurities out of your body and also helps with pain. Make sure you have big glass of something to drink cuz it sucks everything else out too and you will dehydrate. Here's link, it's pretty cool reading..http://www.saltworks.us/salt_info/ep...s-benefits.asp

You can also try putting some lavender, tea tree, or geranium essential oil on the rag and covering your eyes and head. It has like a cooling effect that will give you she relief.

I fight with migraines and started with the essentials to keep from taking too much Excedrin or OTC pain relievers. All the RXs out there for migraines, I can't take because of BP. I have heard about rebound headaches when a person takes too much so I have gone out of my way to avoid that with alternatives.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

i would love to take an epsom salt bath, but my water heater is fucked up and it will only fill my tub an inch or two.

i do use tea tree oil and sometimes lavender. it does help, some.

i bought some weird thing that is kind of like a nettie pot, but it uses more force to clear out your sinuses. the nettie doesn't get in all your sinuses since it works on gravity. i haven't used it yet because i'm kinda scared. i keep saying i'm gonna do it and then chicken out. the dr. i saw a few weeks ago recommended it, but also said that it may very well not help at all. so....

i'm happy to be getting into see my old doc. i miss her. i've struggled with rebounds off and on, and this may very well be my issue now. however, last summer i had chronic migraines all summer with only a few days headache free. i didn't have insurance, but i was seeing a chiro and i wasn't taking anything not even excedrin. nothing he did worked, and it makes me wonder if my headaches are really rebounds or if the meds just only work long enough for me to get a little sleep.

another issue is the half-life of most triptans is only 1-2 hours. the last few days i've taken a few doses of imitrex. my insurance co. won't cover a script for frova, which is a triptan with a 24-26 hour half-life. it works better with fewer rebounds.

Ani - what's up with the trump? Is there a valid reason?

Em - I hope you feel better

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i would love to take an epsom salt bath, but my water heater is fucked up and it will only fill my tub an inch or two.

i do use tea tree oil and sometimes lavender. it does help, some.

i bought some weird thing that is kind of like a nettie pot, but it uses more force to clear out your sinuses. the nettie doesn't get in all your sinuses since it works on gravity. i haven't used it yet because i'm kinda scared. i keep saying i'm gonna do it and then chicken out. the dr. i saw a few weeks ago recommended it, but also said that it may very well not help at all. so....

i'm happy to be getting into see my old doc. i miss her. i've struggled with rebounds off and on, and this may very well be my issue now. however, last summer i had chronic migraines all summer with only a few days headache free. i didn't have insurance, but i was seeing a chiro and i wasn't taking anything not even excedrin. nothing he did worked, and it makes me wonder if my headaches are really rebounds or if the meds just only work long enough for me to get a little sleep.

another issue is the half-life of most triptans is only 1-2 hours. the last few days i've taken a few doses of imitrex. my insurance co. won't cover a script for frova, which is a triptan with a 24-26 hour half-life. it works better with fewer rebounds.
    I tried nettie pot a few times and ended up with fluid behind my ears cuz I did it wrong.
    I buy those stretchy baby towels with a hood and put them in cold water with the EOs and ring them out and wear them like a turban covering by eyes. Works wonders some days. The lavender helps with the nausea during migraines. Another crazy trick I learned was using a really strong analgesic cream like Ben-gay. I like Rite-Aids off brand the best. It seems to have a longer lasting effect. Anyhoo, you rub it on the sides of your neck over the arteries. It gives a whole lotta relief. Yeah, I'm prolly fucking my brain up but at least I'll bite it without a headache..lol

I did the Chiro thing and 2nd visit he popped something and it was instant horrible headache. By that night I was in the ER getting a shot for pain. One of the worst headaches I have ever had in my life next to when I they put damn Nitroglycerin patch on me. I finally told nurse on that occasion that I'd rather die of a heart attack than wear that fucking patch another minute and I ripped it off. You literally feel like the top of your head is going to blow off.
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 07-16-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Nitro is quite the experience. It's used for a rectal problem which I had, but at a much lower strength because medications are absorbed quickly via the rectum. The Pharmacist mis-read the prescription and moved a decimal point. I thought I was going to die when I used it. I literally thought fuck me in the ASS if this is the cure for rectal pain, I'm having a stroke! It did help the knife in the rectum pain I was having.

I have migraines usually without the headache. I'm lucky I guess. I get a blind spot in the center of my vision and the aura develops from there. It gradually forms a c shape in my vision and becomes so bright I can't see. The first time I had one, it frightened me. I recall seeing my mom and brother suffer from painful migraines when I was a kid. I'll take the occasional migraine light show without the pain any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    Ani - what's up with the trump? Is there a valid reason?

Em - I hope you feel better
    from what i gather, he put up a larger than allowed flag on a non regulation pole that is too high, blocking the beautiful view for other rich homeowners who have complained to the regulatory body. it's an ongoing issue that is basically a home owners association fail.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I tried nettie pot a few times and ended up with fluid behind my ears cuz I did it wrong.
    I buy those stretchy baby towels with a hood and put them in cold water with the EOs and ring them out and wear them like a turban covering by eyes. Works wonders some days. The lavender helps with the nausea during migraines. Another crazy trick I learned was using a really strong analgesic cream like Ben-gay. I like Rite-Aids off brand the best. It seems to have a longer lasting effect. Anyhoo, you rub it on the sides of your neck over the arteries. It gives a whole lotta relief. Yeah, I'm prolly fucking my brain up but at least I'll bite it without a headache..lol

I did the Chiro thing and 2nd visit he popped something and it was instant horrible headache. By that night I was in the ER getting a shot for pain. One of the worst headaches I have ever had in my life next to when I they put damn Nitroglycerin patch on me. I finally told nurse on that occasion that I'd rather die of a heart attack than wear that fucking patch another minute and I ripped it off. You literally feel like the top of your head is going to blow off.
    ugh, nitro? i can only imagine how awful that must have been.

thanks for the suggestions. i am always open to new stuff. my head isn't too bad right now, but i just got out of bed so we'll see how the day goes.

that is exactly what i'm worried about with this sinus-flush. i don't want to end up with more fluid there. i've got enough already.

i actually have a heart defect which contributes to my migraines. there is a hole in the septum of my heart which shunts blood from the right to left aorta without the blood going through my lungs like it is supposed to. one of the worst migraines i've ever had was when they did a bubble test (watching the bubbles go through the hole with ultrasound). my guess is that this headache is either hormonal, or caused by the hole opening when i try to blow my nose. they made the hole smaller with surgery, but they couldn't make it go away.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    from what i gather, he put up a larger than allowed flag on a non regulation pole that is too high, blocking the beautiful view for other rich homeowners who have complained to the regulatory body. it's an ongoing issue that is basically a home owners association fail.
    Oh Ffs!

Thread Information