Page 1471 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 471 971 1371 1421 1461 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1481 ... LastLast
Results 36,751 to 36,775 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You lived in Folsom??? I grew up in the town next to that, Orangevale. Small world!

And yes, ants here suck. I think my biggest issue with my kitchen was that everything was so old and falling apart, they could fit into the cracks and come in. Now with my new kitchen, hopefully I won't have that issue!
    Are the finished? Post pics!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    You lived in Folsom??? I grew up in the town next to that, Orangevale. Small world!

And yes, ants here suck. I think my biggest issue with my kitchen was that everything was so old and falling apart, they could fit into the cracks and come in. Now with my new kitchen, hopefully I won't have that issue!
    Yes, and we loved it. I still have some friends who live there.

Is the kitchen finished yet? Can't wait to see the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Are the finished? Post pics!
    Ugh, not totally yet. They were supposed to be done on Tuesday, per the schedule it was to hook everything back up (dishwasher, stove, etc.). Makes sense that would be the last step, right? I get home from work Tuesday and everything is hooked up....but I have no goddamn window sill. I called the project manager who obviously had no idea this happened. Said he would send someone out the next day (which was yesterday). Calls me yesterday, says guy got hung up and won't be out until tomorrow (today). Said he would be there for sure, so we will see.

We ended up buying a new hood for the stove since the one we had was so old and gross, plus didn't match well with the new vibe. Got a black one to match the stove. Next we are going to replace the outlets with black ones instead of the white/beige ones we have. It's little things I didn't really notice until things were getting done....like, black outlets would look so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Ugh, not totally yet. They were supposed to be done on Tuesday, per the schedule it was to hook everything back up (dishwasher, stove, etc.). Makes sense that would be the last step, right? I get home from work Tuesday and everything is hooked up....but I have no goddamn window sill. I called the project manager who obviously had no idea this happened. Said he would send someone out the next day (which was yesterday). Calls me yesterday, says guy got hung up and won't be out until tomorrow (today). Said he would be there for sure, so we will see.

We ended up buying a new hood for the stove since the one we had was so old and gross, plus didn't match well with the new vibe. Got a black one to match the stove. Next we are going to replace the outlets with black ones instead of the white/beige ones we have. It's little things I didn't really notice until things were getting done....like, black outlets would look so much better.
    Totally understand, that's the way projects go. You go to change out curtains, then you notice the wall needs painting. After you do that you notice the doors and trim now look dingy next to the new paint. After you finish that you think that the outlets should be replace. Next thing you know you've built an addition on to the house and added a gazebo.

So whats there if there is no window sill?

Contracters always pull that crap. When we got our kitchen redone at my moms when i still lived there we had to wash dirty dishes in a soapy bucket for awhile.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So whats there if there is no window sill?

Contracters always pull that crap. When we got our kitchen redone at my moms when i still lived there we had to wash dirty dishes in a soapy bucket for awhile.
    It's like, wood with nails sticking up. The previous one had tile all over it, same as the countertops. so they pulled it all off, put the countertops on and the backsplash. I didn't think the backsplash would look good as the window sill, so the guy said he would put a plain slab (kind of like the countertops) there. But no one ever put anything there. I have a picture of it somewhere.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

This is what it looked like when they "were all done." You also get to see my new backsplash and a bit of the countertops in the photo!

This is what it looked like when they "were all done." You also get to see my new backsplash and a bit of the countertops in the photo!

Okay, I am digging the backsplash, but you definitely need that window sill.

It looks really good...love that blue backsplash and the countertop! They do need to do something about the sill though foreal.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I know, I just can't believe the last guy that was in there just left....like, he had to notice. Why didn't he say something? I had to be the one to reach out.

Thank you for the compliment about the backsplash, I kind of went back and forth. I like that it's gray and white, but also has the blue because I felt like I needed a touch of color or else it would be too drab.

I know, I just can't believe the last guy that was in there just left....like, he had to notice. Why didn't he say something? I had to be the one to reach out.

Thank you for the compliment about the backsplash, I kind of went back and forth. I like that it's gray and white, but also has the blue because I felt like I needed a touch of color or else it would be too drab.
    It's beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    It's beautiful!
    It really is and I can't wait to see the pictures of it finished.

love the backsplash!! But I'm in full agreement on the whole need a window sill part.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Just posted before and after pics!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Looks beautiful, Nic!
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Looks beautiful, Nic!
    Thank you! I'm annoyed the pics make the cabinets look brown, but they are definitely gray.

Nic are you loving your kitchen now??
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    Nic are you loving your kitchen now??
    Yes, so much! It always looks so clean now

My health care company is doing a new program where if you're in a certain age group they now want to send a representative to your home to do wellness visit. They called me again and wanted to set up a time/date. They've been calling for a couple weeks but if I don't know your # I do not answer and their voice mail are hard to decode. I was in a mood so I answered to stop the damn number from continuing to call. The lady told me it was required, I told her it was not. I told her I'm in excellent health, see my dr as needed and regularly for check ups and there is no way in hell I will allow a stranger into my home. She said "so you are refusing the visit?" ... "um yes I'm refusing" and she then decided they will call me again in Nov. to see if my mind has changed.

What the ever loving frik. I'm 60 this year not 100. This is the stupidest idea they've tried to implement. No one in their right mind would allow a stranger to come in and do a "check up". Thank God I knew I could refuse it, what about the people who don't know that.

My health care company is doing a new program where if you're in a certain age group they now want to send a representative to your home to do wellness visit. They called me again and wanted to set up a time/date. They've been calling for a couple weeks but if I don't know your # I do not answer and their voice mail are hard to decode. I was in a mood so I answered to stop the damn number from continuing to call. The lady told me it was required, I told her it was not. I told her I'm in excellent health, see my dr as needed and regularly for check ups and there is no way in hell I will allow a stranger into my home. She said "so you are refusing the visit?" ... "um yes I'm refusing" and she then decided they will call me again in Nov. to see if my mind has changed.

What the ever loving frik. I'm 60 this year not 100. This is the stupidest idea they've tried to implement. No one in their right mind would allow a stranger to come in and do a "check up". Thank God I knew I could refuse it, what about the people who don't know that.
    That sounds crazy. That's what check ups are for, and you go to the doctor for that.

Yeah, there is something wrong with that. No insurance company can make it mandatory to have a wellness visit. They might be presenting it as mandatory, but it is not something they can mandate. They are trying to save money, so they are strong arming individuals into thinking that if they don't comply they will lose their insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Yeah, there is something wrong with that. No insurance company can make it mandatory to have a wellness visit. They might be presenting it as mandatory, but it is not something they can mandate. They are trying to save money, so they are strong arming individuals into thinking that if they don't comply they will lose their insurance.
    That's exactly what I think/thought. I read all the crap they send me so I knew I could refuse. After my parents issues in Florida w/ insurance, health care, etc. I learned to read the regulations and not assume it's above board just because they send a letter.

That's exactly what I think/thought. I read all the crap they send me so I knew I could refuse. After my parents issues in Florida w/ insurance, health care, etc. I learned to read the regulations and not assume it's above board just because they send a letter.
    Exactly. What really irks me is thinking about all the people who, out of fear, agree to the visits.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Thank fuck these days are behind me. I'm SO sorry for you guys. Insurance companies are literally Satan. It's not good enough that they take your money monthly and don't cover shit. Now they want inside of your house to judge if you are healthy enough to cover.

Fuck. That.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information