Page 1427 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 427 927 1327 1377 1417 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1437 1477 ... LastLast
Results 35,651 to 35,675 of 37082

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Anyone know how to get around a liquor license law?
    I do promotional alcohol events and I'm allowed to take unopened alcohol home.
    I have almost 50 bottles of unopened liquor, champagne, wine, hard seltzer, etc.
    I would like to sell them since no one I know really drinks. I don't drink. My husband drinks a little.
    It's annoying me in that they're taking up space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Anyone know how to get around a liquor license law?
    I do promotional alcohol events and I'm allowed to take unopened alcohol home.
    I have almost 50 bottles of unopened liquor, champagne, wine, hard seltzer, etc.
    I would like to sell them since no one I know really drinks. I don't drink. My husband drinks a little.
    It's annoying me in that they're taking up space.
    Christmas gifts?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Christmas gifts?
    That's actually a really good idea. But 50 bottles? That's a lot of booze.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Christmas gifts?
    Nope. No one I know drinks.

Ugh Im stressed out. Even after taking a sleeping pill, I still didnt go to bed until 7 this morning and woke up at 10. FML.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Ugh Im stressed out. Even after taking a sleeping pill, I still didnt go to bed until 7 this morning and woke up at 10. FML.
    What's going on?

I can definitely sympathize with that. I'm nocturnal and have been my entire life. Working 6am-4pm with a 2 hr commute both ways was pure hell for me. It wasn't until after I retired that I was finally able to follow my own circadian rhythm. I'm doing it now, in fact.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I'm posting this for my husband.
    My husband's off on Wednesday and one of his co-workers asked him to take a different day off.
    This guy, we'll call him A, didn't want my husband off that day, because then he'd be by himself covering a large area. A likes to start work at 5am and get off around noon, but supposedly he's not supposed to do that in case they get dispatches later in the day for urgent projects that have to be done that day.
    A didn't want to have to work later and my husband's boss doesn't care about doing her job unless corporate is breathing down her neck. If boss did her job, A would no longer be allowed to work so early and leave urgent projects to other people.
    My husband's highly irritated by A and boss.

What's going on?
    I just have a lot on my plate and mind

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I just have a lot on my plate and mind
    I'm sorry. I hope things get better and you figure out what is bothering you.

DTTAM: I ordered two cases of tomatoes from Sams, they sent me a big box, and there were literally 2 small cans of tomatoes in the box.

Custer County Sheriff Marty Mechaley reports a woman was gored by a buffalo along Iron Mountain Road in Custer State Park on Wednesday. Mechaley says the victim had to be transported by Black Hills Life Flight and her condition is unknown. No other details are available at this time.
    Just last week the sheriff's office issued an advisory on its Facebook page urging visitors to keep their distance from buffalo.

UPDATE: Mechaley reports this morning that the victim, a 54 year old Iowa woman, escaped serious injury in the incident and was not actually gored by the animal's horn. He says, according to eyewitnesses, the woman had gotten off the motorcycle on which she was a passenger and was attempting to approach a buffalo calf when another adult bison charged her catching her belt and jeans on its horn and running off with her being tossed around on its head. She was apparently saved when her pants came off and she fell to the ground unconscious. He says at that point the attacking animal ran off along with the rest of the herd.

He says the incident occurred at 6:39 p.m. near mile marker 40 on Iron Mountain Road and was responded to by the Custer County Sheriff's Office, Custer State Park rangers, Custer Ambulance and Black Hills Life Flight.

Mechaley emphasized again that visitors should stay in/on their vehicle and keep a safe distance from buffalo.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Custer County Sheriff Marty Mechaley reports a woman was gored by a buffalo along Iron Mountain Road in Custer State Park on Wednesday. Mechaley says the victim had to be transported by Black Hills Life Flight and her condition is unknown. No other details are available at this time.
    Just last week the sheriff's office issued an advisory on its Facebook page urging visitors to keep their distance from buffalo.

UPDATE: Mechaley reports this morning that the victim, a 54 year old Iowa woman, escaped serious injury in the incident and was not actually gored by the animal's horn. He says, according to eyewitnesses, the woman had gotten off the motorcycle on which she was a passenger and was attempting to approach a buffalo calf when another adult bison charged her catching her belt and jeans on its horn and running off with her being tossed around on its head. She was apparently saved when her pants came off and she fell to the ground unconscious. He says at that point the attacking animal ran off along with the rest of the herd.

He says the incident occurred at 6:39 p.m. near mile marker 40 on Iron Mountain Road and was responded to by the Custer County Sheriff's Office, Custer State Park rangers, Custer Ambulance and Black Hills Life Flight.

Mechaley emphasized again that visitors should stay in/on their vehicle and keep a safe distance from buffalo.

Why do people keep fucking with wild animals?

it wasn't really annoying other than the stupidity of it, which annoyed me. So I'm at the Walmart on Monday and going the right way down the aisle (pure luck) and look up to avoid hitting someone. Said someone is a man of my age (later 50s) and he's pushing his cart. Cool beans but something catches my eye. He's wearing a thong for a mask, his right and all. But said thong only covers half his nose-ualar area and one nostril is peeking out. And it doesn't cover his whole chin, buy an extra large next time my dude. BUT ... he has a beard so between the nostril hanging out and the beard pubes? not sure what point he was trying to make but the one he made with me wasn't it. And this annoyed me? nah. What annoyed me was apparently no one loves him enough to have told him what he really looked like before he went in the store.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

https://www.facebook.com/joanne.reed...3769577497623/

https://www.facebook.com/joanne.reed...aDtG-aR-BXsg2P
    Last edited by puzzld; 08-13-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    it wasn't really annoying other than the stupidity of it, which annoyed me. So I'm at the Walmart on Monday and going the right way down the aisle (pure luck) and look up to avoid hitting someone. Said someone is a man of my age (later 50s) and he's pushing his cart. Cool beans but something catches my eye. He's wearing a thong for a mask, his right and all. But said thong only covers half his nose-ualar area and one nostril is peeking out. And it doesn't cover his whole chin, buy an extra large next time my dude. BUT ... he has a beard so between the nostril hanging out and the beard pubes? not sure what point he was trying to make but the one he made with me wasn't it. And this annoyed me? nah. What annoyed me was apparently no one loves him enough to have told him what he really looked like before he went in the store.
    Was he wearing the thong on his head like a hat?

My DTTAM: my kid threw a toy car at my tv and broke it. It was plasma and the screen is shattered.

Why do people keep fucking with wild animals?
    Am I evil because I don't feel sorry for this woman? Apparently she had staples in her head from falling off the back of a car the night before. Stupid choices have consequences. Screwing with a buffalo/bison is right up there with stupid. I like how the big fella wore her jeans like a trophy hanging off his horns.

We're driving through there in a couple of weeks, I promise you I won't be playing Bindi Irwin with the puffalumps.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    He's wearing a thong for a mask, his right and all. But said thong only covers half his nose-ualar area and one nostril is peeking out. And it doesn't cover his whole chin, buy an extra large next time my dude. BUT ... he has a beard so between the nostril hanging out and the beard pubes? not sure what point he was trying to make but the one he made with me wasn't it. And this annoyed me? nah. What annoyed me was apparently no one loves him enough to have told him what he really looked like before he went in the store.
    Was he wearing the thong on his head like a hat?
    I have the same question. I'm assuming he wore the triangular part on his face/nose.... but....yeah, that backside string....what do you do with that?

My DTTAM: my kid threw a toy car at my tv and broke it. It was plasma and the screen is shattered.
    NoooOOOooo! And just like that, in a split second. And he's just a little guy, he doesn't know better. Well, I guess he does now.... Sorry, Ang.

Here's another entry in the "it happens every damn summer" files

A teen fell and broke bones while trying to down climb at Falling Rock without a rope/harness. Here is the terrifying video showing him falling. I'm posting because this is a public post, you can't identify the teen, and maybe it will help people learn to be safe.

https://facebook.com/mikayla.scheure...0553979278905/

Falling Rock is 100% safe as long as you don't do stuff like this or run around the ledge.
    https://www.facebook.com/arielle.zio...jGJ9gg&fref=nf

Here's another entry in the "it happens every damn summer" files

https://www.facebook.com/arielle.zio...jGJ9gg&fref=nf
    Well, it IS called Falling Rock......

Didn't want to wake up to this news this morning...

DTTAM: This email from Cunard cancelling our 8 December trans-Atlantic cruise back to Europe. They are giving us a 125% refund but I'd rather have the cruise. Trying to decide if I want to get back to Europe badly enough to suffer the 9 hours of discomfort it will take to fly there.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Didn't want to wake up to this news this morning...

DTTAM: This email from Cunard cancelling our 8 December trans-Atlantic cruise back to Europe. They are giving us a 125% refund but I'd rather have the cruise. Trying to decide if I want to get back to Europe badly enough to suffer the 9 hours of discomfort it will take to fly there.

Sorry to hear that, but do you think Europe will let you in? I'm thinking Americans will still be the modern day equivalents of passengers on the M.S. St. Louis.

Sorry to hear that, but do you think Europe will let you in? I'm thinking Americans will still be the modern day equivalents of passengers on the M.S. St. Louis.
    We can get back in, we just can't cruise there. We'd have to fly, and we both avoid that like the plague. We had three cruises booked this year, this is the third one they've cancelled. No complaints, they've been great about it - I'm just homesick and really want to get back to my favorite corner of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    We can get back in, we just can't cruise there. We'd have to fly, and we both avoid that like the plague. We had three cruises booked this year, this is the third one they've cancelled. No complaints, they've been great about it - I'm just homesick and really want to get back to my favorite corner of the world.
    Do it! Go to Europe! I can give you recommendations of places to check out.

I hate returning things. I have no clue why, but it embarrasses me. I will literally wait till the last minute to return stuff.

Thread Information