Page 1449 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 449 949 1349 1399 1439 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1459 ... LastLast
Results 36,201 to 36,225 of 37082

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    What happened to we are the world, make the world a better place for our kids, bullcrap?!
    My county is now charging $81 (quarterly) to pick up recycling.
    This means people are going to start dumping recycling in with trash.
    I don't think we can afford the $324 a year for recycling.
    That sucks. Recycling should be free.

Dumb Thing That Annoys Me: A nasty kidney stone trying to ruin my weekend at the seafood festival.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post

Dumb Thing That Annoys Me: A nasty kidney stone trying to ruin my weekend at the seafood festival.
    Recycling is, for most things, a failure. It's expensive and you burn a lot of gas just hauling stuff to be recycled. We need to reduce and reuse.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/22/is-r...cs-expert.html

So sorry about the kidney stone! They are so miserable. And to attack during a seafood festival? That's just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

Ugh. I experienced my first one a couple of years ago and the pain was UNNATURAL. I have a high tolerance for pain, but that was the worst I had ever felt. I hope it gives you a little bit of a break so that you can enjoy the festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Recycling is, for most things, a failure. It's expensive and you burn a lot of gas just hauling stuff to be recycled. We need to reduce and reuse.

So sorry about the kidney stone! They are so miserable. And to attack during a seafood festival? That's just wrong.
    This. A million times this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Ugh. I experienced my first one a couple of years ago and the pain was UNNATURAL. I have a high tolerance for pain, but that was the worst I had ever felt. I hope it gives you a little bit of a break so that you can enjoy the festival.
    Thanks guys, I've had a few. They rank pretty low on the list of medical events I want to re-experience. The festival has been planned for a few months, found out my flank pain was a kidney stone the day we left to come up here. Just bad timing. We're meeting up with old friends here, so all is not lost. The food has been fabulous. I didn't know about the big Greek population in Tarpon Springs. Yummy times.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I'm glad that you were able to still enjoy the weekend

I used to like Pete Davison. He owned his mental illness and seemed really cool and down to earth...nope not anymore. Kim K Pete...really? I lost all respect for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I used to like Pete Davison. He owned his mental illness and seemed really cool and down to earth...nope not anymore. Kim K Pete...really? I lost all respect for you.
    He must be off his meds.

I'm working an event on the 4th and 5th and the agency I'm working for hired two numbskulls (my friend's daughter and daughter's baby daddy). Hopefully, they'll do their jobs and not be lazy sacks of shit though I don't have high hopes for the daughter.
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

My husband just got a set of guitar strings that he ordered over 2 years ago. When he first ordered them they called and said they were backordered and he said he would wait. We forgot about them. Now the guitar he bought them for is broken. Womp-womp.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    My husband just got a set of guitar strings that he ordered over 2 years ago. When he first ordered them they called and said they were backordered and he said he would wait. We forgot about them. Now the guitar he bought them for is broken. Womp-womp.
    That's insane lol. Two years?!

As my Mom used to say: Must be on a slow boat from China!

Literally!

Also, because I know nothing about music, I didn't know there were certain strings for certain guitars. Like, I would have assumed he could just use them on any guitar. whaddoiknow?

It's like this and apparently because it's headless it takes special strings. Maybe they were part of the Trump tariffs, IDK. Now that he has the strings he will probably want another one, stupid music company...they should have just kept their damn strings.

Holy shit! 2 years?? Thats one hell of a back order! Sorry about the broken guitar.

My dttam: I lost my key fob with my house key on it at my sisters house. The replacement is $350.

Holy shit! 2 years?? Thats one hell of a back order! Sorry about the broken guitar.

My dttam: I lost my key fob with my house key on it at my sisters house. The replacement is $350.
    I'm sure a lock pick is cheaper.

I don't understand people who just no show for a job. I had two people call out and one no show. I expected to be over-staffed for an event I was managing this weekend, but instead, I was short-staffed. Not to mention, you're making $30 every hour for menial labor.

Sorry about that. Been there, done that. It's a real expensive lesson (in what, I'm not sure).

Sorry about that. Been there, done that. It's a real expensive lesson (in what, I'm not sure).
    I found them on the ground outside my sisters house today.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I found them on the ground outside my sisters house today.
    Did you have to get a locksmith to get into your house?

Did you have to get a locksmith to get into your house?
    No my husband had a spare house key and key fob for my car.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

No my husband had a spare house key and key fob for my car.
    That's good that you didn't have to pay a bunch of money and then find them!

My friend's daughter annoys me!
    She was one of the people that didn't show up for work on the second day.
    I forgot what her excuse was (I deleted her text), but now her and her mom are asking me for help with her timesheet.
    I messaged my "boss" stating that people were having problems understanding how to do their timesheets so one of her co-workers emailed everyone and went over step by step instructions on how to put in their time.
    I mean a coma patient could figure it out, but no. Daughter said she didn't get the email (yeah right) so I sent her mother the step by step instructions, but she still doesn't understand.
    I'm done with her.

One week's bedrest and you are all good to go. Sending positive energy your way.

Im getting sick of wearing this damn mask. I wear it out and about and in the house all day/night.

Does anyone have a little boy that wears holes in the knee of their pants? My kid does it to every pair of pants and I dont know how to stop it.

Does anyone have a little boy that wears holes in the knee of their pants? My kid does it to every pair of pants and I dont know how to stop it.
    Oh man, I remember those days. Back in 2001 I worked the kids department at Sears, and they had this cool "Kidvantage Plan" where someone could bring in their kid's ripped jeans and swap it for a brand new pair, in the same size. Too bad nothing like that exists anymore (that I know of).

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Oh man, I remember those days. Back in 2001 I worked the kids department at Sears, and they had this cool "Kidvantage Plan" where someone could bring in their kid's ripped jeans and swap it for a brand new pair, in the same size. Too bad nothing like that exists anymore (that I know of).
    Ugh I wish they still had that. The problem is real.

Also I worked at Sears too!

Ugh I wish they still had that. The problem is real.

Also I worked at Sears too!
    Nice! I worked in the children/babies dept, my sister worked in jewelry and my friend worked in women's. We made friends with a few of the guys in the men's dept and would all play jokes on each other, it was a fun time! Lots of memories. I was sad to see them close.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information