Page 1425 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 425 925 1325 1375 1415 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1435 1475 ... LastLast
Results 35,601 to 35,625 of 37082

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I would take small comfort in that as well. We have to rationalize these moments or we'd drive ourselves insane, right?

Excellent idea! I don't know how to start a thread, but if someone else starts it, I'll be regular contributor for sure.

I'm not a fan of the hand sanitizers, I use them only in an emergency if no soap and water is available. And when I do use them, I use them twice in a row because the label says it only kills 99% of the germs, so I figure the 2nd application will kill 99% of that 1% that was left behind on the first application. And if I'm feeling particularly OCD-ish that day, I'll use it a third time. But my hands never feel clean because I picture them covered in 99.9% dead germs - no water to wash them away. Yuck.

And yes, Yes, YES - we have been right all along! The stuff that grossed us out because "ew germs!" was right all along, WE aren't the crazy ones. I feel so validated. When COVID19 reared it's ugly head, there was absolutely no change in my daily hygiene protocol (except the masks, I don't usually wear a mask at Walmart altho I probably should). I still wash my hands a hundred times a day, I won't set my utensils on the table at a restaurant, I wash my hands after touching the menu or the utensils at a buffet, I wrap a napkin around the salt and pepper shakers when I use them, etc.

Absolutely. I don't even like them refilling my drink, I'd prefer a fresh glass, or bring a pitcher of said drink to the table and pour it into my glass. I don't like my food or drink to leave the table once I have it.

I have been to Sweet Tomatoes once, in Atlanta, and it was so dirty and nasty I couldn't eat. I've never been back. And Golden Corral.... yeah, nasty. Never heard of Nori Nori.

Probably just had itchy teeth. Depot is not an easy word, how old is he??
    He's 2, will be 3 in September.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I would take small comfort in that as well. We have to rationalize these moments or we'd drive ourselves insane, right?

Excellent idea! I don't know how to start a thread, but if someone else starts it, I'll be regular contributor for sure.

I'm not a fan of the hand sanitizers, I use them only in an emergency if no soap and water is available. And when I do use them, I use them twice in a row because the label says it only kills 99% of the germs, so I figure the 2nd application will kill 99% of that 1% that was left behind on the first application. And if I'm feeling particularly OCD-ish that day, I'll use it a third time. But my hands never feel clean because I picture them covered in 99.9% dead germs - no water to wash them away. Yuck.

And yes, Yes, YES - we have been right all along! The stuff that grossed us out because "ew germs!" was right all along, WE aren't the crazy ones. I feel so validated. When COVID19 reared it's ugly head, there was absolutely no change in my daily hygiene protocol (except the masks, I don't usually wear a mask at Walmart altho I probably should). I still wash my hands a hundred times a day, I won't set my utensils on the table at a restaurant, I wash my hands after touching the menu or the utensils at a buffet, I wrap a napkin around the salt and pepper shakers when I use them, etc.

Absolutely. I don't even like them refilling my drink, I'd prefer a fresh glass, or bring a pitcher of said drink to the table and pour it into my glass. I don't like my food or drink to leave the table once I have it.

I have been to Sweet Tomatoes once, in Atlanta, and it was so dirty and nasty I couldn't eat. I've never been back. And Golden Corral.... yeah, nasty. Never heard of Nori Nori
    I drive myself crazy everyday with anxiety. I wished I wasn't so paranoid.

Nori Nori is an all you can eat Japanese food buffet (sushi included!). It's in Sandy Springs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I drive myself crazy everyday with anxiety. I wished I wasn't so paranoid.

Nori Nori is an all you can eat Japanese food buffet (sushi included!). It's in Sandy Springs.
    Anxiety about germs, or just generalized anxiety about life?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I am sitting outside a vet office, following their social distancing protocol, which I want to add that I highly approve of. However, my appointment was almost 30 minutes ago, and because I have a big hairy dog I cannot turn my car off, I have to run the AC. And now my car is telling me low fuel level, but I can't leave to go to the gas station because they might call me in at that point. I am super annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I am sitting outside a vet office, following their social distancing protocol, which I want to add that I highly approve of. However, my appointment was almost 30 minutes ago, and because I have a big hairy dog I cannot turn my car off, I have to run the AC. And now my car is telling me low fuel level, but I can't leave to go to the gas station because they might call me in at that point. I am super annoyed.
    I'm sorry. Hope they get you in soon.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Anxiety about germs, or just generalized anxiety about life?
    Germs. I'm overly paranoid about getting sick from touching my own body. My feet for example. My feet touch the floor, my cat walks on litter, my feet touch litter, I touch feet, I can get sick.

I'm currently waiting on a woman to come to my house to buy candles. She hasn't told me she's on her way. Her daughter supposedly got off at 2pm then they were going to head this way (45 minutes away) . I haven't changed my son's diaper cause he's sleeping. He's been very clingy today. I've been laying beside him for 3 hours. I'm hoping this lady comes while he's sleeping, but I'm also afraid he'll wake up if I leave his side.

Germs. I'm overly paranoid about getting sick from touching my own body. My feet for example. My feet touch the floor, my cat walks on litter, my feet touch litter, I touch feet, I can get sick.
    Yes, I used to be like that, but I rationalized it away after I read an article about autoimmune response and how our bodies use germs to develop immunity. Now I reserve my germaphobia for disgusting germs (like public transportation and public restroom), and not common germs around the house. Although I still wash my hands like crazy.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Yes, I used to be like that, but I rationalized it away after I read an article about autoimmune response and how our bodies use germs to develop immunity. Now I reserve my germaphobia for disgusting germs (like public transportation and public restroom), and not common germs around the house. Although I still wash my hands like crazy.
    This is me. I rationalize a lot of germs, and reserve my germaphobia for the really gag-worthy germs. It's funny the things I am ok with, while still considering myself to be a germaphone in a lot of ways.

I hope I can get over this paranoia.

This is me. I rationalize a lot of germs, and reserve my germaphobia for the really gag-worthy germs. It's funny the things I am ok with, while still considering myself to be a germaphone in a lot of ways.
    I have to do that or I'd never leave the house.

I just spent an hour in the heat trying to get my escaped cat out from under my deck. I went one way-she'd go the other. We did this tango for about an hour right before I almost passed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I just spent an hour in the heat trying to get my escaped cat out from under my deck. I went one way-she'd go the other. We did this tango for about an hour right before I almost passed out.
    Cats are acrobats! I'm glad you caught her-sorry you almost died doing it!

Cats are acrobats! I'm glad you caught her-sorry you almost died doing it!
    Very true! The only reason why I caught her is because she jumped onto the stairs. If she would have stayed under there I never woukd have gotten her.

Our new neighbors have a male cat they let outside and he occasionally goes on our deck. I think she was looking for him.

My dog does this when she grabs something she isn't supposed to have, under the coffee table though. I have short arms and she knows if I reach for her and she scoots to the other end, I can't get her

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Very true! The only reason why I caught her is because she jumped onto the stairs. If she would have stayed under there I never woukd have gotten her.

Our new neighbors have a male cat they let outside and he occasionally goes on our deck. I think she was looking for him.
    She's spayed, right? The last thing you need is 18 kittens!

She's spayed, right? The last thing you need is 18 kittens!
    Yes the rescue spayed her.

In school we learned you shouldnt spay to any animal under 8 lbs but shes 8 lbs now so i cant imagine how tiny she was when they spayed her. But I understand why they do it so young.

Kambing is getting really annoying with his posting, bogging down the threads.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Kambing is getting really annoying with his posting, bogging down the threads.
    S/he clearly has an obsession w/police. There's a story in there somewhere....

S/he clearly has an obsession w/police. There's a story in there somewhere....
    Yeah he was obsessed with vigilante stuff as Kambing. So it seems there are some issues with authority? Who knows. I just feel like he is ruining some of the important threads with his BS.

That's why I made the racism protests 2020 thread, hoping it would keep all this other stuff out of the death threads. I also sent him a message and told him that he doesn't have to post EVERY.SINGLE.ARTICLE he sees that mentions a deceased person's name, and also doesn't have to post each article in its entirety. I don't think the message got through.

I get that right now we will have a lot of deaths related to the protests and cop brutality, but holy cow, we don't need 20 articles posted per day in each death thread...especially when they say the same thing.

They were obsessed with police last time too. Go look through the Bad Cop thread. 90% of it is Kambing.

I did give him a warning not to post so obsessively, and to clean up what they post. If that doesn't happen they may need a time out.

I find it mildly annoying, mostly because he posts and doesn't interract. I've asked questions on several of the posts - no response or vague ramblings that don't say fuck all.

Me: Who are you calling a victim?
    Kambing: Yes, there are victims, the swallows have returned to Capistrano and we must be mindful of their journey.

So now he's on Kimtisha Ignore. I don't bother reading any articles he started and don't respond to anything he's posted because I have zero tolerance for what I consider to be passive aggressive bullshit. I have empathy for almost everyone, but I imagine he's a very lonely person, and with good reason.

I find it mildly annoying, mostly because he posts and doesn't interract. I've asked questions on several of the posts - no response or vague ramblings that don't say fuck all.

Me: Who are you calling a victim?
    Kambing: Yes, there are victims, the swallows have returned to Capistrano and we must be mindful of their journey.
    Nailed it!

That's why I made the racism protests 2020 thread, hoping it would keep all this other stuff out of the death threads. I also sent him a message and told him that he doesn't have to post EVERY.SINGLE.ARTICLE he sees that mentions a deceased person's name, and also doesn't have to post each article in its entirety. I don't think the message got through.

I get that right now we will have a lot of deaths related to the protests and cop brutality, but holy cow, we don't need 20 articles posted per day in each death thread...especially when they say the same thing.

They were obsessed with police last time too. Go look through the Bad Cop thread. 90% of it is Kambing.

I did give him a warning not to post so obsessively, and to clean up what they post. If that doesn't happen they may need a time out.

JohnLanders here its too much like the Nightcrawlers wannabe on my part when the police shootings are at play here. and protests

http://rmgnews.com/wp/?page_id=1940

My point is made.

Thread Information