Page 1392 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 392 892 1292 1342 1382 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1402 1442 ... LastLast
Results 34,776 to 34,800 of 37082

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Been sent a documenting reality invite and it won't come through. SO annoying.

My son accidentally blew up his Minecraft house a little while ago ... ohhh myyyy gaaawd. He cried for like 30 or 40 minutes. I thought I was going to have to give him a paper bag to breathe into to keep him from hyperventilating. His favorite Creeper dudes, "Boom Boom and Bomby," were inside and blew up, too ... along with his chest full of important crap. I tried to tell him the other day not to keep TNT in his house.

Oh, the humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    My son accidentally blew up his Minecraft house a little while ago ... ohhh myyyy gaaawd. He cried for like 30 or 40 minutes. I thought I was going to have to give him a paper bag to breathe into to keep him from hyperventilating. His favorite Creeper dudes, "Boom Boom and Bomby," were inside and blew up, too ... along with his chest full of important crap. I tried to tell him the other day not to keep TNT in his house.

Oh, the humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

omg. that's so sad but cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

DTTAM: Taxes. And my husband.

We usually pay around $550 for somebody to do our taxes (they're complicated) but my husband got a bright idea= we can do them instead.

Federal went okay.
    Our two states that we filed got all f'ed up. Since our non-resident state didn't accept the e-file, no problem there except fix it, then refile.
    BUT our home state accepted the e-file. Now I have to fix the non-resident state, then update our home state one...which means I'll have to do an amended one.

DTTAM: I have a bone spicule that is (very) slowly making it's way out of the back of my gum. I have a couple of important interviews coming up next weekend and I don't have time to swing by my dentist to get it taken care of until after, but it's starting to annoy me. I gave him a call and he said I could try and work it out myself, either with my tongue or tweezers, but that hasn't been successful so far because I'm almost certain it's still attached to the jawbone.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    DDTAM:

Clients that are flaky that get upset at you when you can't do a specific time they want. These clients use us maybe 3 times per year for spotty visits here and there and it's always while American Idol is rolling because she's a producer. This week she booked us for lunch and dinner visits on Wed, Thurs and Friday so 6 visits total. On Wed morning she cancelled Wed. We had turned down a client because we had no room with them in there. Oh well. That's just the way it happens sometimes. Then yesterday she cancels the Friday visits. Ooookay. So only Thursday now. Then LATE last night she emails (I only got it this morning) and asks for the dinner visit tonight to be later than usual. Like around 6:45pm because they're getting in late. Well, I serve tonight on Skid Row. Not happening. I emailed her to explain that I had them scheduled for 5pm for dinner (the usual time) and that I couldn't do any later because of this. That if I had known earlier, I might have been able to move it but now it's too late and I can't. Then she sent me a snarky response. Sorry. In her words, "It is what it is". It sucks because we love the animals. We've always been top notch with them. Just because you have a cut rate show you're working on that should have been cancelled long ago doesn't give you the right to be a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    DDTAM:

Clients that are flaky that get upset at you when you can't do a specific time they want. These clients use us maybe 3 times per year for spotty visits here and there and it's always while American Idol is rolling because she's a producer. This week she booked us for lunch and dinner visits on Wed, Thurs and Friday so 6 visits total. On Wed morning she cancelled Wed. We had turned down a client because we had no room with them in there. Oh well. That's just the way it happens sometimes. Then yesterday she cancels the Friday visits. Ooookay. So only Thursday now. Then LATE last night she emails (I only got it this morning) and asks for the dinner visit tonight to be later than usual. Like around 6:45pm because they're getting in late. Well, I serve tonight on Skid Row. Not happening. I emailed her to explain that I had them scheduled for 5pm for dinner (the usual time) and that I couldn't do any later because of this. That if I had known earlier, I might have been able to move it but now it's too late and I can't. Then she sent me a snarky response. Sorry. In her words, "It is what it is". It sucks because we love the animals. We've always been top notch with them. Just because you have a cut rate show you're working on that should have been cancelled long ago doesn't give you the right to be a dick.
    Oh god I hate when people say "it is what it is" it makes me think of mama June (honey booboo's mom).

I've had clients like that before. You are better off without them. It's not fair to your other clients/other obligations you have. Clients like that think you are "on call". It doesn't work that way.

Sorry you have to deal with shit like that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Oh god I hate when people say "it is what it is" it makes me think of mama June (honey booboo's mom).

I've had clients like that before. You are better off without them. It's not fair to your other clients/other obligations you have. Clients like that think you are "on call". It doesn't work that way.

That's EXACTLY how I put it. We're not on call. When we can do it, we step right up and do it. 90% of the time we can and I think they get spoiled after a while so when that rare instance pops up where we can't, all of a sudden we're the assholes. We don't charge cancellation fees, we don't charge extra for last minute requests. We're more than fair with our clients that way. Most others do charge, but we only do if we show up. They really have no reason to be snarky about it.

As much as I hate the term, I dont think it's snarky at all. Maybe the rest of the email read as snarky though.

You should have a 24-hour cancellation policy for inconsiderate jerks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    As much as I hate the term, I dont think it's snarky at all. Maybe the rest of the email read as snarky though.

You should have a 24-hour cancellation policy for inconsiderate jerks like this.
    We try to be forgiving. And we can't put a policy in place like that and only stick it to a few of them. Most of our clients are amazing so I'm not going to make them suffer because of a few.

Yeah, the rest of the email was definitely snarky. "I thought we had originally agreed to...". They started claiming that our usual dinner visit time was 6pm. In 7 years, its always been 5pm because that's the time they specifically asked for before lol. It's all good. The dog's have access FFS. It's not like they'll be locked in for hours on end. I think some people like to push their weight around just because. That's all.

it's a good thing it's american idol's last season, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberT View Post
    DTTAM: I have a bone spicule that is (very) slowly making it's way out of the back of my gum. I have a couple of important interviews coming up next weekend and I don't have time to swing by my dentist to get it taken care of until after, but it's starting to annoy me. I gave him a call and he said I could try and work it out myself, either with my tongue or tweezers, but that hasn't been successful so far because I'm almost certain it's still attached to the jawbone.
    Ouch. I've never heard of that. I wouldn't try to take it out myself because I would be afraid I would cause more damage and it would get infected. What part of the gum is coming out of?

We try to be forgiving. And we can't put a policy in place like that and only stick it to a few of them. Most of our clients are amazing so I'm not going to make them suffer because of a few.

Yeah, the rest of the email was definitely snarky. "I thought we had originally agreed to...". They started claiming that our usual dinner visit time was 6pm. In 7 years, its always been 5pm because that's the time they specifically asked for before lol. It's all good. The dog's have access FFS. It's not like they'll be locked in for hours on end. I think some people like to push their weight around just because. That's all.
    I think you should start putting a policy like that in place across the board. I think your regulars would understand.

I don't see how 1 hour is going to make that much of a difference. Unless the dogs are elderly and can't hold it, or they are on steroids and have to go out before a certain time. Even with most meds an hour won't make a difference.

I understand most dogs have schedules, but if you have to be somewhere at the time they want, they should understand you have prior obligations if they are requesting last minute.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ouch. I've never heard of that. I wouldn't try to take it out myself because I would be afraid I would cause more damage and it would get infected. What part of the gum is coming out of?

I think you should start putting a policy like that in place across the board. I think your regulars would understand.

I don't see how 1 hour is going to make that much of a difference. Unless the dogs are elderly and can't hold it, or they are on steroids and have to go out before a certain time. Even with most meds an hour won't make a difference.

I understand most dogs have schedules, but if you have to be somewhere at the time they want, they should understand you have prior obligations if they are requesting last minute.
    The dogs have access to the outside so holding it isn't even an issue. Like I said, they're just pushing their weight around I think.

This year, American Idol and next year it will be a different show. They'll still work and they'll live

The dogs have access to the outside so holding it isn't even an issue. Like I said, they're just pushing their weight around I think.

This year, American Idol and next year it will be a different show. They'll still work and they'll live
    Uh why don't they just get an auto feeder then they will be set? Or do you walk them too?

this site annoys me. i can hardly post.

i went to have my taxes done today. i've used vita the last several years but went to a different location today. i didn't realize it was a drop off center, so i will have to wait until next week to file instead of doing it today. i need that money ASAP and this is going to put me a week or so behind. FUCK. i'm so over being broke. i'm not getting many hours my first few weeks at my new job which i wasn't anticipating. FUCKFUCKFUCK.

Ughhh I thought I was the only one who hates that expression

I also hate when mothers call each other mama. "You're doing a great job Mama!" " way to go Mama!" "I hear ya Mama!"
    I see it all the time on facebook and I want to scream.

And I hope this posts or I will hate that too

Originally posted by animosity:

Hmu next time, we'll have some soapy gins and then draw each other naked. Until we get kicked out.

My boss has now quit bringing his puppy into the office and now brings in his alternate dog. This alternate dog has been in and out of the kennel for weeks because he and the new puppy are not getting along. And, even though we warned him that this would happen, this alternate dog now has red eye from the kennel and is miserable as fuck.

These animals will never get along if THEY NEVER SEE ONE ANOTHER!

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    There are 4 crews that share my ambulance, 2 day shift, 2 night shift. Today is my monday. The other half of the week apparently doesn't ever restock the ambulance linen in the cabinet. The day crew gets mad about it, passive aggressive about it and refuses to replace it for the night crew (they just grab linen as they need it).

Which means I come to work, do checkout, and the ambulance has none. This is like the third week in a row where I end up having to do it because they are having a pissing contest. If I snap, it's because of these lazy asses.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    My boss has now quit bringing his puppy into the office and now brings in his alternate dog. This alternate dog has been in and out of the kennel for weeks because he and the new puppy are not getting along. And, even though we warned him that this would happen, this alternate dog now has red eye from the kennel and is miserable as fuck.

These animals will never get along if THEY NEVER SEE ONE ANOTHER!
    The dog has conjunctivitis?

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    There are 4 crews that share my ambulance, 2 day shift, 2 night shift. Today is my monday. The other half of the week apparently doesn't ever restock the ambulance linen in the cabinet. The day crew gets mad about it, passive aggressive about it and refuses to replace it for the night crew (they just grab linen as they need it).

Which means I come to work, do checkout, and the ambulance has none. This is like the third week in a row where I end up having to do it because they are having a pissing contest. If I snap, it's because of these lazy asses.
    You don't have a check off duties list for AM and PM? I've worked both shifts, and the closing duties are pretty much the same. Both shifts had to restock. The AM crew had less people though, but we still had to get all the shit done and get approval from the PM supervisor before we left.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    nope, no list really. We have a par amount for important things and we all make sure the meds and everything is where it has to be, most of that is a visual check and then the medic makes sure equipment is working and the narcotic levels are correct. The sheets are in this little cabinet in the front that you can't see unless you open it. I think one crew forgets and the other one is just trying to prove a point that ends up not being proven because I get mad and put sheets in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    nope, no list really. We have a par amount for important things and we all make sure the meds and everything is where it has to be, most of that is a visual check and then the medic makes sure equipment is working and the narcotic levels are correct. The sheets are in this little cabinet in the front that you can't see unless you open it. I think one crew forgets and the other one is just trying to prove a point that ends up not being proven because I get mad and put sheets in there.
    I think all places have an AM vs PM attitude. I hated working AM because the one other people I worked with were incompetent, or would go home way early. I would still be there if I could have gotten the PM shift. That's when all the cool, capable people work.

Angie, yes. That's what he has.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I never want to hear this again.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post

I never want to hear this again.
    Not going to play this while at school because I hate people who play shit out loud in public.

Dttam: why can't people walk like they drive? Is it so hard to stick to one side of the path and then wait for an opening on the other side to pass slow movers?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Thread Information