Page 1434 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 434 934 1334 1384 1424 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1444 ... LastLast
Results 35,826 to 35,850 of 37082

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Unsubscribing from some people’s fb feed has helped me keep somewhat sane over the last four years. I’m sure I probably came off like an asshole when someone asks “did you see my new grand baby?” And I reply “no, I unfollowed you bc of all the political shares” But at this point, I’m just unfriending people. If their whole fb persona is just politics and adding to all the civil unrest in our country... BYE. I’m rather enjoying my fb feed full of nature and music group posts these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Thanks. Can you tell that I had a hard night? Lol. Still having a hard day, but I've decided to take a break from FB for a few days. I think the combination of the stupidity online, the pandemic and the election have rendered me so emotionally exhausted that I'm having s hard time coping. The hubby agrees and doesn't blame me. I'm just at the end of my rope with things.

Love my MDS family
    Sorry I just saw this. I hope you are doing and feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbirdie View Post
    Unsubscribing from some people’s fb feed has helped me keep somewhat sane over the last four years. I’m sure I probably came off like an asshole when someone asks “did you see my new grand baby?” And I reply “no, I unfollowed you bc of all the political shares” But at this point, I’m just unfriending people. If their whole fb persona is just politics and adding to all the civil unrest in our country... BYE. I’m rather enjoying my fb feed full of nature and music group posts these days.
    This is why I barely do fb. I think everyone here knows how I feel about it

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Some dude that I went to HS with that's only had a few exchanges in my DMs of "Hey" followed by me waiting a day and saying "Hey There". Then nothing for months then "Hey" followed by me saying "Hey There" then nothing for months (rinse and repeat since 2018). Now he's all "Hey" and I responded right away with "Hey there". Of course it's now turned in to a whole discussion about how he's lived in Florida but has now moved back to MA and nothing other than his parents are okay.

Mind you, I've never actually been friends with this dude. I honestly think he's on the spectrum thinking back to knowing him in HS and probably a bit slow. I'm trying to be nice, but at the same time trying to figure out where he's coming from.

I've since told him I'm still in LA and asked if he's working and hoping he's well. But deep down inside I'm asking questions that will tell me if he's a 45 supporter or not so I can block him if he is lol. That sounds mean, but I've never been actual friends with him, but if he's cool and on the spectrum then I have no problem with it and will communicate with him a lot.

The dumb thing that annoys me is

GET TO THE POINT. WHY DID YOU CONTACT ME? I'M NOT GOING TO SEXT YOU AND I ACTUALLY DON'T THINK THAT'S WHAT YOU DID IT FOR ANYWAY NOW BUT DO YOU LOVE FASCISM OR NO? ANSWER ME.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 10-27-2020 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Some dude that I went to HS with that's only had a few exchanges in my DMs of "Hey" followed by me waiting a day and saying "Hey There". Then nothing for months then "Hey" followed by me saying "Hey There" then nothing for months (rinse and repeat since 2018). Now he's all "Hey" and I responded right away with "Hey there". Of course it's now turned in to a whole discussion about how he's lived in Florida but has now moved back to MA and nothing other than his parents are okay.

Mind you, I've never actually been friends with this dude. I honestly think he's on the spectrum thinking back to knowing him in HS and probably a bit slow. I'm trying to be nice, but at the same time trying to figure out where he's coming from.

I've since told him I'm still in LA and asked if he's working and hoping he's well. But deep down inside I'm asking questions that will tell me if he's a 45 supporter or not so I can block him if he is lol. That sounds mean, but I've never been actual friends with him, but if he's cool and on the spectrum then I have no problem with it and will communicate with him a lot.

The dumb thing that annoys me is

GET TO THE POINT. WHY DID YOU CONTACT ME? I'M NOT GOING TO SEXT YOU AND I ACTUALLY DON'T THINK THAT'S WHAT YOU DID IT FOR ANYWAY NOW BUT DO YOU LOVE FASCISM OR NO? ANSWER ME.
    Lol! I was friends with a guy from my high school that I never really talked to in high school. I have no clue why we decided to hang out in adulthood, but we did. I brought him along to a party with my then boyfriend (now husband) and the whole night, he kept asking me if I was going to drink. He almost drove me to drink. Lol!
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Lol! I was friends with a guy from my high school that I never really talked to in high school. I have no clue why we decided to hang out in adulthood, but we did. I brought him along to a party with my then boyfriend (now husband) and the whole night, he kept asking me if I was going to drink. He almost drove me to drink. Lol!
    Yeah, this is kind of what's happening to me right now lol. I flat out asked him if he was being safe during the pandemic and he just said "Yes". Then nothing. There's zero conversation to be having lol.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Yeah, this is kind of what's happening to me right now lol. I flat out asked him if he was being safe during the pandemic and he just said "Yes". Then nothing. There's zero conversation to be having lol.
    That would drive me nutty. I would have to ask "is there some reason you contacted me?" That might scare him off though.

I cant get my DM's on fb. It says I have to download the new messanger and it wont work. Oh well, Ive had the same phone number since hs so if someone wants to get a hold of me they will find a way.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Admin of one of the Facebook groups I'm in turned off my commenting capabilities. This happened in response to my comment on someone's comment about pedophiles should receive the death penalty, I said that pedophiles should get a bullet between the eyes. The Facebook police said I'm inciting violence. I didn't realize my last name is Trump.

Trump reminds me of my husband's dead dad. They both post too much in a single day.

I placed an online grocery order for Walmart. I've never done that before, and don't normally shop Walmart, but I thought 'what the hell', then I can get them to bring it out to the car. Nope, I had to go in to get it, and when I got home I had bought several bags and every single one of them were 2-3 months expired and nasty. I am now holding for 20 minutes to see if they will refund them without me having to risk COVID to bring them back. I tried chatting and they said I had to call. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I placed an online grocery order for Walmart. I've never done that before, and don't normally shop Walmart, but I thought 'what the hell', then I can get them to bring it out to the car. Nope, I had to go in to get it, and when I got home I had bought several bags and every single one of them were 2-3 months expired and nasty. I am now holding for 20 minutes to see if they will refund them without me having to risk COVID to bring them back. I tried chatting and they said I had to call. Ugh.
    That's weird, because we have curbside service here.

I stopped doing online grocery shopping when they would say they were out of stuff they weren't out of and substituted the rest. Once I got coco puffs instead of cherrios. I went into the store and they had cherrios.

Once they said they were all out of deli meat. So my husband went in and bought it. Turns out the employees have a time limit they have to get your groceries by-so they didn't have time to stop at the deli. Fuck them.

I do Target curbside and Instacart.

I usually like both, but Target really pissed me off a couple of weeks ago. I live 7 minutes from Target. I put in the app that I was on my way. I waited 10 extra minutes once I pulled up there for my groceries. I had a screaming baby in the car. It was not fun.

My favorite Instacart story is chatting to the shopper about life while she shopped for all my groceries. I told her that I had a 3 month old baby (at the time) and that's one of the reasons I didn't go grocery shopping myself.
    This Instacart shopper stopped by Dollar General on the way to drop off my groceries and bought my son a blanket and bibs. It was one of the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for me.

I tried going through Walmart once, and half the stuff we wanted we weren't able to order, we actually had to go in to get.

At work, we recently ordered from Raley's. Way better experience, and they actually delivered the groceries to our work for free.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I do pickup from Sams all the time since the pandemic with no issue. I just wanted a few things that Sams doesn't carry. I also shop at Winn Dixie some, but they don't do pickup, only Instacart.

I found out that I did it wrong. I spent 57 minutes on the phone last night to finally get credit (they kept telling me I had to go to the store to get credit) and apparently you can order groceries on the website, but if you don't go to the /groceries part, you have to go in and pick it up. Who knew. Not me, that's for sure. Once and done with Walmart grocery pick up. I only went there for my Julio's chips, truth be told.

I do pickup from Sams all the time since the pandemic with no issue. I just wanted a few things that Sams doesn't carry. I also shop at Winn Dixie some, but they don't do pickup, only Instacart.

I found out that I did it wrong. I spent 57 minutes on the phone last night to finally get credit (they kept telling me I had to go to the store to get credit) and apparently you can order groceries on the website, but if you don't go to the /groceries part, you have to go in and pick it up. Who knew. Not me, that's for sure. Once and done with Walmart grocery pick up. I only went there for my Julio's chips, truth be told.
    We've been doing curbside since March... and it's been INTERESTING. We use Sam's pickup for a lot of bigger things, paper products, big packages of things we eaa lot of, cases of canned goods.. they've got a great frozen shrimp scampi. Anyway. For smaller portions we shop at this small locally owned place. Timmons. They do a great job, quick turn around but their selection is limited. You want peanut butter? 8 oz of skippy or 12 oz of jif. They've got a nice selection of chips, and snack foods, and really nice meat, but... If you order a beef roast you could get enough for 2 people or 15 it just depends. It'll be fresh, a good cut but you need to be ready to cut that bad boy into 5 pieces and freeze 4 of them. This works fine for us but it makes budgeting tough. If you want soap you've got maybe 3 choices... They are a little expensive and their selection of breads and deli meats sucks. So, then we hit Safeway for things that aren't readily available at Timmons and we can't get (or don't want the 72 oz package) at Sams. They do okay, but you usually need to wait till the day after tomorrow. Once in a while we'll hit Target up, but their groceries are odd. We don't have a Super Target so the selection is limited, and yuppy. You don't seem to be able to get plain milk. Just organic almond or whatever. I had this problem with them long before the pandemic. Just a preppy sort of store.

I do miss wandering thru the store and tossing this and that into the basket. And some of the prices especially on things like Clorox wipes!!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I used to only use Instacart when they'd send me a promotionsl credit, because otherwise delivery fees etc. was too expensive.
    I have since found that if you do Publix curbside (which uses the Instacart app), it's free and you don't have to tip.

A thing I don't like about Target is not everything is available curbside so that's why I started using Publix instead. They're both the same distance from home.

I used to only use Instacart when they'd send me a promotionsl credit, because otherwise delivery fees etc. was too expensive.
    I have since found that if you do Publix curbside (which uses the Instacart app), it's free and you don't have to tip.

A thing I don't like about Target is not everything is available curbside so that's why I started using Publix instead. They're both the same distance from home.
    I don't shop Publix anymore because of the crazy ass politicians they financially support here in Florida. It's a shame, because I liked them and when I used to coupon heavily I could get $100 worth of groceries for $25 bucks there consistently. They started changing their coupon stuff anyway about the time, so I probably would have stopped shopping them anyway because they are way more expensive than everyone else without coupons.

Target is a pain in the ass. As Puzz said I think they are too hipstery (current generation yuppy ). It's tiring to shop there.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    There's 4 people that stand on a street corner screaming stop the steal. Trump won Kentucky. No one is stealing the election and I'm ready for this national nightmare and embarrassment to be over.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I don't shop Publix anymore because of the crazy ass politicians they financially support here in Florida. It's a shame, because I liked them and when I used to coupon heavily I could get $100 worth of groceries for $25 bucks there consistently. They started changing their coupon stuff anyway about the time, so I probably would have stopped shopping them anyway because they are way more expensive than everyone else without coupons.

Target is a pain in the ass. As Puzz said I think they are too hipstery (current generation yuppy ). It's tiring to shop there.
    Have you tried ibotta and Walmart pickup? I'm obsessed with ibotta lately, and I just started using Wal-Mart pickup since the schools are closed. I don't want to take my big Ole piece of pie in the store, and I was already using Sam's Club pickup. I envy people who have grocery stores besides Walmart. We have Kroger and a local store. The local store doesn't enforce the mask rule. Neither does Kroger nor Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Have you tried ibotta and Walmart pickup? I'm obsessed with ibotta lately, and I just started using Wal-Mart pickup since the schools are closed. I don't want to take my big Ole piece of pie in the store, and I was already using Sam's Club pickup. I envy people who have grocery stores besides Walmart. We have Kroger and a local store. The local store doesn't enforce the mask rule. Neither does Kroger nor Walmart.
    I started doing Ibotta in late 2015. Sometimes I do a lot with it, then I will go for long periods without redeeming anything. Overall though it's my fav cash back app.

Nobody in my area strictly enforces the mask rules.

I realized i have a cavity in my filling. It doesnt hurt, I just felt it with my tongue. Im petrified about going to the dentist because im vunerable. I cant wear a mask and people will be working in my mouth. I have to get it taken care of though-its a big ol hole. Man I have shitty teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I realized i have a cavity in my filling. It doesnt hurt, I just felt it with my tongue. Im petrified about going to the dentist because im vunerable. I cant wear a mask and people will be working in my mouth. I have to get it taken care of though-its a big ol hole. Man I have shitty teeth.
    Your filling fell out?

If it were me and it wasn't hurting, I would just leave it be and chew on the other side of my mouth. But you probably shouldn't take my advice

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Your filling fell out?

If it were me and it wasn't hurting, I would just leave it be and chew on the other side of my mouth. But you probably shouldn't take my advice
    I wish I could go to the dentist. My dentist won't see me because of my husband's high risk job. I am not having any issues, but I want to get my teeth cleaned, they are driving me nuts. I get them cleaned religiously every 6 months and I was due in August.

The risk with a cavity is that it can turn into a root canal...and you don't want that. Been there, done that. My root canal came from an old cavity from my childhood, and they took the silver filling out and filled it with the white stuff, but it was too close to the root and it was causing me to have electric zaps. The root canal was awful!

Your filling fell out?

I didn't even notice it until I was feeling my teeth with my tongue. It definately doesn't hurt.

I prefer to chew on the other side of my mouth anyway, idk why.

I wish I could go to the dentist. My dentist won't see me because of my husband's high risk job. I am not having any issues, but I want to get my teeth cleaned, they are driving me nuts. I get them cleaned religiously every 6 months and I was due in August.

The risk with a cavity is that it can turn into a root canal...and you don't want that. Been there, done that. My root canal came from an old cavity from my childhood, and they took the silver filling out and filled it with the white stuff, but it was too close to the root and it was causing me to have electric zaps. The root canal was awful!
    I've had 2 root canals leaving me with 2 crowns. Fuck.that.shit. I hate the dentist but I want this taken care of ASAP. I hope I don't need another root canal!

ETA: last week I got a text from the office saying they were reopening, so I guess they closed for a bit.

Another DTTAM I have to pick out a paint color for my living room and I can't decide on a color!

Thread Information