Page 1439 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 439 939 1339 1389 1429 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1449 ... LastLast
Results 35,951 to 35,975 of 37082

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    We rent where we live because we never stay in a town for long because my husband keeps getting promoted to other places, which I've never had a problem with and don't mind the little things here and there. We've been here 3 years (the longest we've stayed in a place) with only a couple problems...it's an extremely old house so it's gonna happen. We came home Wednesday evening to plumbing issues and called the landlord and thinking that he might not be able to get someone out that night but we could deal with a day or so. It's now Friday night and it's gotten horribly worse. He's claiming the plumbing company they use is booked, even for emergencies, and can't come out until Monday. I'm annoyed. I had my kids go to my sister's for the weekend so they don't have to deal with less than 5 minute showers and holding in their bathroom needs. Even those few minutes showers are turning into hell because it causes the pipes to back up into the shower and once it goes down there's mud all in the bottom so that needs to get cleaned up, without water, for the next person to shower.

It's not fun...and I'm the most easy go-with-the-flow kinda person as possible and usually nothing gets to me, but I'm at my breaking point and want to cry over fucking plumbing issues lol My husband called him again today and said it's gotten way worse and he said he's going to call them again or try a different company but that was hours ago and we haven't heard back. I'm thinking that this is an excuse for getting our own place and no more renting. My husband keeps getting promoted within where he's at now, so hopefully we'll stay in this area from now on.

Honestly I just needed somewhere to vent...I had today off so I could go without a shower but I'm dreading the thought of it in the morning, but at least I'll be somewhere that I can actually pee whenever I need to...that's a plus
    If you're in a position to be able to buy, you should. In the meantime, depending on the renter's rights in your area, you may be able to stay at a hotel until it's fixed and deduct it from the rent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'm just afraid that we'll go to buy something and my husband will get promoted to another area...but we have been talking about buying for a few months so this may be pushing it. Might have to look into the hotel situation if it doesn't get fixed by Monday. Honestly it's not the hugest problem, just a huge inconvenience when you have a small bladder. and luckily we're in a position that we have family that'll help take my kids without notice, I just hate asking for help even though I know that's what family is for. I just don't understand how there's no plumbers available until 5 days later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

I'm just afraid that we'll go to buy something and my husband will get promoted to another area...but we have been talking about buying for a few months so this may be pushing it. Might have to look into the hotel situation if it doesn't get fixed by Monday. Honestly it's not the hugest problem, just a huge inconvenience when you have a small bladder. and luckily we're in a position that we have family that'll help take my kids without notice, I just hate asking for help even though I know that's what family is for. I just don't understand how there's no plumbers available until 5 days later...
    Ughh, sorry you’re having to deal with that. Real estate is at a weird point right now. With interest rates being so low, houses are selling quickly around my area in Southwestern Ohio. So if you see one that you want, you have to jump on it right away. A friend sold her house after five hours on the market and then was stuck trying to find one to buy. She ended up staying a month with family till she could get into a new house. Good luck with whichever route you guys go!

DTTAM- trying to reset up my router network so I can get all my cameras to run together smoothly. If anyone has expertise with setting up a Ring network, feel free to offer tips please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbirdie View Post
    Ughh, sorry you’re having to deal with that. Real estate is at a weird point right now. With interest rates being so low, houses are selling quickly around my area in Southwestern Ohio. So if you see one that you want, you have to jump on it right away. A friend sold her house after five hours on the market and then was stuck trying to find one to buy. She ended up staying a month with family till she could get into a new house. Good luck with whichever route you guys go!

DTTAM- trying to reset up my router network so I can get all my cameras to run together smoothly. If anyone has expertise with setting up a Ring network, feel free to offer tips please.
    The housing market is SUPER hot here too. We closed on our last rent house a year ago yesterday, and at that time it was sluggish at best. We couldn't touch this same house today for 50k more than what we paid for it. Like you said, they are going fast too. Nothing decent stays on the market more than a day or two. We were looking for another rent house, but I think we're going to sit this market out.

update: so I was getting ready for work today a few hours after my husband already left for work today and I hear a small sound of water spilling as I'm going to look for it I hear it suddenly pouring out of the back of the toilet. I call my husband and he rushes home while calling the landlord...and apparently a flooding house makes it so a plumber magically appears (well, it took an hour and a half but I'll take it.) My drains now work and I now know to start flooding my house next time I want something done lol...not really, but it's still bs that it took that to get someone out. I can't wait to take a long shower tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

update: so I was getting ready for work today a few hours after my husband already left for work today and I hear a small sound of water spilling as I'm going to look for it I hear it suddenly pouring out of the back of the toilet. I call my husband and he rushes home while calling the landlord...and apparently a flooding house makes it so a plumber magically appears (well, it took an hour and a half but I'll take it.) My drains now work and I now know to start flooding my house next time I want something done lol...not really, but it's still bs that it took that to get someone out. I can't wait to take a long shower tomorrow!
    I'm glad your jackhole landlord finally got your plumbing issue fixed. If you're into baths, you deserve a nice long soak with a glass of wine, a book, and a bath bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Glad you finally got the plumber to show up and fix it for ya! That has to be a big relief. Good point on the escalation of the problem finally got it fixed up, I’m gonna have to remember that!

So something crazy happened to me today. I was leaving Walgreens, standing in the parking lot, and I heard honking and yelling. I stood and looked around, trying to figure out where it was coming from. A car with 3 grown men hanging out the window, starting screaming shit at me saying "die bitch" and fuck you. The only reason I can think of that they were angry towards me was that I was wearing my mask? I was afraid they would follow me home, which I don't think they did.

What would possess 3 grown ass men to yell like that at a complete stranger? I'm still a little shook up and confused.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So something crazy happened to me today. I was leaving Walgreens, standing in the parking lot, and I heard honking and yelling. I stood and looked around, trying to figure out where it was coming from. A car with 3 grown men hanging out the window, starting screaming shit at me saying "die bitch" and fuck you. The only reason I can think of that they were angry towards me was that I was wearing my mask? I was afraid they would follow me home, which I don't think they did.

What would possess 3 grown ass men to yell like that at a complete stranger? I'm still a little shook up and confused.
    I would be shook up too. Maybe they had the wrong person? You're probably right though, it's probably anti maskers. Try not to think about it too much.

Sorry you had to deal with that. That kind of craziness is creepy and disconcerting and tends to stay with us for a bit after it happens. Sending hugs to you.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I would be shook up too. Maybe they had the wrong person? You're probably right though, it's probably anti maskers. Try not to think about it too much.
    I agree about the anti-maskers. They are nasty here where I am.

OMG, so sorry about the water problems. They are a nightmare and they seem to plague me wherever I go. I have had two homes totally flooded and water issues (leaks, clogs, drainage) too numerous to mention so I'm truly empathetic. I hope all is resolved.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I'm sorry this happened to you, but I stopped trying to assign motive to jackholes like this a long time ago. It could have been anything, maybe you took too long to cross the parking lot with your little guy, or maybe you unintentionally cut in front of one of them in Walgreens. Maybe it was a case of mistaken identity - who the feck knows what sets people off these days? I feel like everybody is just waiting for an excuse to go ballistic.

I wear my mask all the time when I'm out, but I've never been confronted by an "anti-masker." I have been angrily confronted (twice) by "pro-maskers (?)" when I absentmindedly left my car without it, and once when I got up to use the restroom in a restaurant and forgot to put it on. Neither were friendly reminders. I don't get the purpose of people who DON'T wear masks, confronting people who do. Why would they care? It's like being confronted for wearing a scarf around your neck.

Of course, as a former smoker, I'm used to being angrily confronted by strangers on the street because apparently it's totally acceptable in that situation.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

My breast biopsy was $3,500 with insurance! It's cheaper to have a kid!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Oh Geez. I hope everything comes back aces for you!

I don't understand how so many in this country think it is okay to go broke for healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    Oh Geez. I hope everything comes back aces for you!

I don't understand how so many in this country think it is okay to go broke for healthcare.
    I got my results...they were good.

I'm going to try to set up a payment plan. That's just ridic.

Holy hell. That's insane! Are you sure they applied everything correctly? I used to do billing in another life before getting my CPA...you have to watch insurance companies. They don't always do it correctly. Then make sure the doctor's office wrote off what the insurance said they had to. I'm sure you've already looked at all that...I'm just hoping there was a mistake somewhere and they can get it down for you.

if it makes you feel any better, back in 2013 I got a stomach virus so bad that I could not stop vomiting for anything. I was so dehydrated I couldn't open my eyes. I went to the ER, they gave me an IV and stuff to make me stop throwing up, checked to make sure it wasn't a bacterial infection and sent me home. The hospital was in network, but the doctor wasn't. That one day vomiting episode cost me $3300.

I had heard that there was something in the recent stimulus package to stop balance and surprise billing, but I haven't followed up on that.

Yeah they can run you out of money fast once you start down that road. I had decent insurance, no bills and $20,000 in the bank at the time I was diagnosed. By the time all was said and done I was fairly deep in debt. Crazy. Hope your provider will work with you!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Holy hell. That's insane! Are you sure they applied everything correctly? I used to do billing in another life before getting my CPA...you have to watch insurance companies. They don't always do it correctly. Then make sure the doctor's office wrote off what the insurance said they had to. I'm sure you've already looked at all that...I'm just hoping there was a mistake somewhere and they can get it down for you.

if it makes you feel any better, back in 2013 I got a stomach virus so bad that I could not stop vomiting for anything. I was so dehydrated I couldn't open my eyes. I went to the ER, they gave me an IV and stuff to make me stop throwing up, checked to make sure it wasn't a bacterial infection and sent me home. The hospital was in network, but the doctor wasn't. That one day vomiting episode cost me $3300.

I had heard that there was something in the recent stimulus package to stop balance and surprise billing, but I haven't followed up on that.
    Yeah the bill was legit. They wrote off 2,000 for insurance. They classified it as "surgery" since I had it done at the hospital. I set up a payment plan.

ETA: my mom used to do medical billing I'm going to have her look at it.

That is insane! My plan has a cap at $2,800. That means I never spend more than that for the whole YEAR, so the fact you have to pay that much for one thing is crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

DTTAM:

When you're eating lunch and you bite down hard on your lip.... so hard that it swells up and five minutes later you bite down on it again.

And it swells up some more, so you bite on it again.

And again.

And again.

Four agains, until your throbbing lip looks like it has met a fist and you finally give up eating for the day because apparently you can't do it right anymore. Yeah, that annoys me.

https://www.facebook.com/RCJournal/v...30842428637868

Black Hills Stock show. Last night. Now in a normal year, you wouldn't see more than an empty seat or two... but watch the first 20 seconds or so and you'll see why I'm "annoyed" Or numbers were coming down, finally, and these assholes are gonna send them right back to the stratosphere.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/RCJournal/v...30842428637868

Black Hills Stock show. Last night. Now in a normal year, you wouldn't see more than an empty seat or two... but watch the first 20 seconds or so and you'll see why I'm "annoyed" Or numbers were coming down, finally, and these assholes are gonna send them right back to the stratosphere.
    The only thing I approve of in that whole shitshow is their choice of opening songs.

But, seriously - why? It just shows how this isn't taken seriously and why it's continuing to kill people.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    The only thing I approve of in that whole shitshow is their choice of opening songs.

But, seriously - why? It just shows how this isn't taken seriously and why it's continuing to kill people.
    I think if we just ignore it, it will go away? We had 1 death from our area very early on. Someone who was a snow bird who got sick and died on his way back from Florida.. never made it back to Rapid. Then nothing really bad for months, so obviously... it's something for "them" to worry about. The next "close" cases centered around meat packing plants 5-6 hours away, and again it was people from "outside" and by the time it really got here so many people were so poisoned by the Trump misinformation squad (of which our gov is a member in good standing) that they just will not see that they are killing their friends and family. Speaking of Gov. Gnome...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1355744798729265152

I and many of my friends have been in self imposed lock down since last March. We've managed to keep it out of the house, but damn stuff like this is hard to watch.

That makes my blood boil. I am so tired of these asshats. It follows right along with their "It Isn't Real Till It Happens to Me and F-You I Got Mine mentality".

DTTAM: the heart doc sent me a bill last month for the monitor I wore back in November. They don't allow you to pay online, so I wrote a check and mailed it. I got a past due bill today, so I looked and yep, they haven't cashed my check. I've been trying to call them repeatedly and their phone always shows busy. Who doesn't allow you to pay a bill online these days? It's 2021.

Thread Information