Page 1478 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 478 978 1378 1428 1468 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 ... LastLast
Results 36,926 to 36,950 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Oh no, BWS is going to be mad that you're sleeping with her Amazon guy too now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Sorry bout ya BWS, I need to get my shit on time
    Ha!!!

My cat is a jerk and learned when she unplugs my fan, I will wake up and let her out of the room. She did it last night and this morning.
    Cats are so smart, but they can be assholes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Cats are so smart, but they can be assholes too.
    Jasmine is a plastic eating asshole.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Jasmine is a plastic eating asshole.
    Well, Angus (our Ragdoll) isn't any better. He has not only been laying under the Christmas tree and playing with bows on presents, he is now taking ornaments down and knocking them all around the house.

Well, Angus (our Ragdoll) isn't any better. He has not only been laying under the Christmas tree and playing with bows on presents, he is now taking ornaments down and knocking them all around the house.
    I cant even put ornaments up bc my cats will knock them down and destroy them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

We haven't had a tree up in about 3 years (have been doing Christmas in the RV). But Angus used to be good about the tree. He was born on Christmas day, so we always made a big deal out of that being his tree. Well, he clearly doesn't care any longer and it makes me rethink putting one up again.

I wished my workplace never let this woman come back after she left.
    This woman has more experience than me, I thought, since she worked longer at my workplace longer than me, but apparently, all the training she's ever received has gone out the window.

My rant:

1. Co-worker is supposed to start work at a set time and leave at a set time. She comes in late and leaves early. I come in 15 minutes early for my shift (my boss told me to) so she can tell me what's been going on and if there's anything important I need to know for my shift. But since she leaves early, I have no clue what's been done, what needs to be done, etc.

2. I always have to go behind her and make sure things that are supposed to be done in the morning are completed. They never are so I have to do it during my shift. The things she's supposed to do are really, really easy if she'd remember her training.

I'm so f'ed up with her that I blocked her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    This woman has more experience than me, I thought, since she worked longer at my workplace longer than me, but apparently, all the training she's ever received has gone out the window.

My rant:

1. Co-worker is supposed to start work at a set time and leave at a set time. She comes in late and leaves early. I come in 15 minutes early for my shift (my boss told me to) so she can tell me what's been going on and if there's anything important I need to know for my shift. But since she leaves early, I have no clue what's been done, what needs to be done, etc.

2. I always have to go behind her and make sure things that are supposed to be done in the morning are completed. They never are so I have to do it during my shift. The things she's supposed to do are really, really easy if she'd remember her training.

I just can't with people like that. It boggles my mind how they continue to get away with it.

We haven't had a tree up in about 3 years (have been doing Christmas in the RV). But Angus used to be good about the tree. He was born on Christmas day, so we always made a big deal out of that being his tree. Well, he clearly doesn't care any longer and it makes me rethink putting one up again.

My oldest and his wife don't have a tree because as he puts it "our cats are dicks"

My rant:

That would piss me off too. Want us to sign her up for some spam e-mails?
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

this is a tiny thing and I think I've figured out how to do it. I hate going to a store, especially a grocery store, this time of year and having to walk past or turn down the asking of $$ for charity. I feel so damn guilty having to say no. But we do donate, just not usually in the red kettle or grocery check out. I am trying to figure out which sounds better "I wish we could but I've already given" or "perhaps next time" or ....???? any ideas on how to politely say I can't afford to give every time but I'm not some tight assed jerk who never gives.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    this is a tiny thing and I think I've figured out how to do it. I hate going to a store, especially a grocery store, this time of year and having to walk past or turn down the asking of $$ for charity. I feel so damn guilty having to say no. But we do donate, just not usually in the red kettle or grocery check out. I am trying to figure out which sounds better "I wish we could but I've already given" or "perhaps next time" or ....???? any ideas on how to politely say I can't afford to give every time but I'm not some tight assed jerk who never gives.
    I just smile and say I have already given.

My rant:

Does your boss know about all of this?

I just smile and say Merry Christmas and walk by.

I volunteer, and gave $100 to a family that needed help, and got some gift cards for the tree at church.

I just smile and say I have already given.
    Ditto.

Most of the big charities like the red kettle spend a ton on administrative non-charity things. I don't always agree with the rules of some of the charities that are pushed in these manners either. I want my charity dollar to go to the people/animals that need it. Also, our entire estate will be going to charity when we die, so I don't like people who try to guilt me or others about charity.

Ditto.

Most of the big charities like the red kettle spend a ton on administrative non-charity things. I don't always agree with the rules of some of the charities that are pushed in these manners either. I want my charity dollar to go to the people/animals that need it. Also, our entire estate will be going to charity when we die, so I don't like people who try to guilt me or others about charity.
    Exactly. They have a lot of hidden costs, so only a percentage actually goes to those in need.

How neat that you are having your estate go to charity. I wish I could do that, but I can't do ot to our children.

Exactly. They have a lot of hidden costs, so only a percentage actually goes to those in need.

How neat that you are having your estate go to charity. I wish I could do that, but I can't do ot to our children.
    With us it just makes sense. We don't have any family that we are close to. We are leaving a couple of things to a close friend (toys like jetskis and flight simulator) but the rest of it is being liquidated and split between 3 animal related charities. We have the same charities set up as contingent beneficiaries on our life insurance, bank accounts and retirement accounts also. One of the charities has given me a written agreement, that is kept with my will, that they will take care of any dogs we have at the time of our passing.

With us it just makes sense. We don't have any family that we are close to. We are leaving a couple of things to a close friend (toys like jetskis and flight simulator) but the rest of it is being liquidated and split between 3 animal related charities. We have the same charities set up as contingent beneficiaries on our life insurance, bank accounts and retirement accounts also. One of the charities has given me a written agreement, that is kept with my will, that they will take care of any dogs we have at the time of our passing.
    You are a beautiful person, my friend. I find this to be so amazing.

You are a beautiful person, my friend. I find this to be so amazing.
    This means a lot coming from you.

I just can't with people like that. It boggles my mind how they continue to get away with it.
    It's probably because my boss hates firing people and he thinks having meetings etc. will make her change. He literally sent out a memo telling people not to clock in late or leave early.
    Hopefully, he's keeping careful watch of her time on the clock.

That would piss me off too. Want us to sign her up for some spam e-mails?
    If she gets worse, sure. Lol!

Does your boss know about all of this?
    My boss and I previously discussed how she's great with customers, but she's terrible with everything else.

Ditto.

The Salvation Army is better than Goodwill as far as making sure families get helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

It's funny the charity thing is brought up because my dad has said he wants our company to start donating to some places, so we have been researching which ones have the best percentage rate of what goes to the actual cause. I was shocked looking at some of these charities, and how low some of the percentage is.

Make a Wish:
    National Operating Expenses 69.7% are directed towards Program Services, 15.5% goes to Fundraising, & 14.8% is Management & General Admin Services. Enterprise Operating Expenses 55.1% goes directly to Program Services, 24% goes to Fundraising & 20.9% goes to Management & General Admin Services.

Wounded Warrior:
    72% of donations pay for programs and services that are offered to injured service members, family members, and caregivers - FREE OF CHARGE 22.6% of donations for Fundraising, 5.4% go to admin services.

St Jude:
    82% of every dollar received has gone to support the treatment, research and future needs of*St. Jude.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    It's funny the charity thing is brought up because my dad has said he wants our company to start donating to some places, so we have been researching which ones have the best percentage rate of what goes to the actual cause. I was shocked looking at some of these charities, and how low some of the percentage is.

Make a Wish:
    National Operating Expenses 69.7% are directed towards Program Services, 15.5% goes to Fundraising, & 14.8% is Management & General Admin Services. Enterprise Operating Expenses 55.1% goes directly to Program Services, 24% goes to Fundraising & 20.9% goes to Management & General Admin Services.

Wounded Warrior:
    72% of donations pay for programs and services that are offered to injured service members, family members, and caregivers - FREE OF CHARGE 22.6% of donations for Fundraising, 5.4% go to admin services.

St Jude:
    82% of every dollar received has gone to support the treatment, research and future needs of*St. Jude.
    It is crazy, for sure. We typically stick to animal charities or St. Jude (due to the amazing work they do and not charging families for services).

It is crazy, for sure. We typically stick to animal charities or St. Jude (due to the amazing work they do and not charging families for services).
    Yeah St. Jude is legit. My mom told me not to donate to Children's Hospital as they get a ton in donations.

Animal shelters always need money, expecially the small ones. There was a government shelter that was giving away free cats, and we cant complete with that. I dont have a lot of money so I donate my time.

There are lots of smaller organizations that I think do a better job of getting help to the people/animals in need vs the big organizations like Salvation Army, United Way, etc.

There are plenty of ways to give even if you don't have money to donate. Go through your home and clean out stuff you don't need. Homeless shelters and domestic violence shelters will usually take nice coats, blankets, comforters, etc. Animal shelters are always in need of towels and sheets (they use them to cover cages during transport to calm the animals). There is nothing you can do to help rescues more than fostering. It opens a space in a rescue, which means they can pull one more animal from a high kill shelter or take one more animal off the streets.

I hate when workplaces "encourage" their employees to donate to a charity they choose. Your values do not equal my values, so you donate to what you care about and I will donate to what I care about...that's how I look at it anyway.

There are lots of smaller organizations that I think do a better job of getting help to the people/animals in need vs the big organizations like Salvation Army, United Way, etc.

There are plenty of ways to give even if you don't have money to donate. Go through your home and clean out stuff you don't need. Homeless shelters and domestic violence shelters will usually take nice coats, blankets, comforters, etc. Animal shelters are always in need of towels and sheets (they use them to cover cages during transport to calm the animals). There is nothing you can do to help rescues more than fostering. It opens a space in a rescue, which means they can pull one more animal from a high kill shelter or take one more animal off the streets.

I hate when workplaces "encourage" their employees to donate to a charity they choose. Your values do not equal my values, so you donate to what you care about and I will donate to what I care about...that's how I look at it anyway.
    Yes the fosters keep us going We also started doing Courtesy Posts that have helped people.

There is stuff you can give that doesnt cost anything, like shredded paper for our rabbit litter boxes.

ETA: Ive been giving my old stuff to Goodwill, should I give them somewhere else?
    Last edited by Angiebla; 12-12-2023 at 07:09 AM.

Yeah St. Jude is legit. My mom told me not to donate to Children's Hospital as they get a ton in donations.

Animal shelters always need money, expecially the small ones. There was a government shelter that was giving away free cats, and we cant complete with that. I dont have a lot of money so I donate my time.
    I that you are donating your time, which does so much good, Ang.

These are all excellent ideas, RBW! At one point we had three dogs at once, as well as three cats, so we had a lot of equipment (crates, harnesses, bowls, etc.). As our babies passed, we donated their items to the local animal (no-kill) shelter. They were very appreciative, as they always need supplies.

Yes the fosters keep us going We also started doing Courtesy Posts that have helped people.

There is stuff you can give that doesnt cost anything, like shredded paper for our rabbit litter boxes.

ETA: Ive been giving my old stuff to Goodwill, should I give them somewhere else?
    I have heard bad things about Goodwill. Plus they just sell stuff instead of actually donating everything.

I would prefer donating to WEAVE.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information