Page 1477 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 477 977 1377 1427 1467 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 ... LastLast
Results 36,901 to 36,925 of 37087

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Does your mom have any hobbies that she could join an online group to participate in? My local library does online book club meetings. I am sure there are other things like that. Hell, my bestest friends are my online friends.
    this is a wonderful idea. Also, maybe a on line community or group for care givers?
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I have risen from my sick bed to get pissed off this morning. I had mail yesterday but I just told the Dave to leave it on the table. This morning I am trying to stay in a sitting up position so I figured I'd open my mail. We rarely get any so woot!.
    No woot. Not even a woo.

Both from my health insurance company.
    The first telling me that I'm not using the Dr they've decided to randomly designate at mine. Yeah I know this because I've had the same dr for 8+ years and they designated him as mine on day one of my coverage. He's a dick. But I tend to go into sad little patient mode w/ a heaping side order of hypochondria so he's my perfect fit. Now if I don't reply to their letter in a timely manner, they're going to go ahead and assign me the dr I seem to be seeing the most. My Flippin Doctor.

On to letter two.
    They're denying a claim. A claim from last December. Because it was a Dr from out of my area. Okay. Maybe I could see this, if it weren't a virtual visit. I pulled ye olde calendar out (paper of course, I'm that old) and there it is: virtual visit that day due to bad chest congestion scaring me a bit. Two meds ordered.
    But the next day I ended up in the ER unable to catch a breath. Double pneumonia I still am having recovery from and the reason I was so scared of getting this ick.. So obviously it was a real appt. just virtual because my own Dr was on a trip. Should have been easy for them to figure out w/ out too much hassle.

Serenity now.
    I have a question for you. What type of coverage do you have? It sounds very similar to an HMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    She definitely needs friends and has even talked about volunteering or working part time...when dad dies. She refuses to leave him alone even to go to the store. He can use a phone so could call 911 if needed but she just wouldn't forgive herself if something happened. She has met her girlfriends from back home once for lunch and I encouraged her plan for a girls day at least once a month but she hasn't done that. It's sad to see her life passing her by. Dad refuses personal home care or respite care and actually gets mad if she wants to go somewhere without him. Then he cries about being a burden. I can't imagine the guilt she feels.

And you are probably right on the money that she wants company. She may not even be doing it on purpose.
    Just reading this makes me want to cry. I am so sorry.

My best friend is going through something very similar with her parents. Her father is the same way as yours...and her mother is caught between wanting to be there for her husband and also wanting to simply live her life. It is a difficult thing to consider.

I have to go to the dentist today, I fucking hate going there.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I have a question for you. What type of coverage do you have? It sounds very similar to an HMO.

I have coverage through NYS. It's not the best but I'm covered and when my company has it's head out of it's ass it gives me what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I have to go to the dentist today, I fucking hate going there.
    Ouch. I'm not a fan of dentists either, how're you feeling today?
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

I have coverage through NYS. It's not the best but I'm covered and when my company has it's head out of it's ass it gives me what I need.

Ouch. I'm not a fan of dentists either, how're you feeling today?
    I feel ok today. It was just a cleaning and it went well.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

After yesterday's morning of alarms going off/dying on us, I am ashamed to admit that somehow I lost the back to the dining room fire alarm. I know I took it off, checked the battery and after we got home from shopping and buying replacement batteries, it disappeared. We tore the rooms apart thinking I was so busy trying to find the alarm that was going off that I put it down. Nope.

So we had to buy a new one. And I will never hear the end of it. But as Bob as my witless* I will find that damn back.

* = Rugrats quote. I get extra points for that don't I?

It is always good to have coverage.

It is always good to have coverage.
    it is but I may swap it out next time I can. The company I go through wants to send someone to my home to have a well check and I refuse. I do not want a stranger showing up and entering my home. We're at a stalemate on it because I simply refuse when they try to discuss it.

I dont feel like doing 3 fucking Thanksgivings

it is but I may swap it out next time I can. The company I go through wants to send someone to my home to have a well check and I refuse. I do not want a stranger showing up and entering my home. We're at a stalemate on it because I simply refuse when they try to discuss it.
    I hate those home visits. One thing is you are not required to have them on most insurances. It is their way of trying to control you and your future coverage.

This next generation of teenagers annoys me. I volunteered today and was told I would have someone doing the cats with me. Biah didnt clean a damn thing. She is using my clinic for volunteer hours for school. She managed to do nothing today but annoy me by asking dumb questions and standing in my way when I was trying to actually do work. I had to walk away bc she was getting on my nerves so bad. She was taking pictures of the cats and that was all. I think these new teenagers are allergic to work.

This next generation of teenagers annoys me. I volunteered today and was told I would have someone doing the cats with me. Biah didnt clean a damn thing. She is using my clinic for volunteer hours for school. She managed to do nothing today but annoy me by asking dumb questions and standing in my way when I was trying to actually do work. I had to walk away bc she was getting on my nerves so bad. She was taking pictures of the cats and that was all. I think these new teenagers are allergic to work.
    I am concerned about that generation. They literally have no motivation at all.

I am concerned about that generation. They literally have no motivation at all.
    My coworker thought maybe she didnt know what to do, so she explained things she would like her to do, but she didnt do them. She said shes not signing her sheet when the time comes.

My coworker thought maybe she didnt know what to do, so she explained things she would like her to do, but she didnt do them. She said shes not signing her sheet when the time comes.
    And to think that will be the generation running our country. Scary to consider.

And to think that will be the generation running our country. Scary to consider.
    Every time I think about them in the work force, I think of the "time blindness" chick

I HATE ski lifts, this doesnt help their case

https://www.reddit.com/r/therewasana...tm_name=iossmf

The guy at the jetski dealership this week told me I could use the lockout code on the jetski to keep my grandchildren from starting it.

The guy at the jetski dealership this week told me I could use the lockout code on the jetski to keep my grandchildren from starting it.
    Im sorry, that was rude of him to say.

Im sorry, that was rude of him to say.
    I don't care if he thinks I am old, I don't want anyone assuming I have kids/grandkids.

I don't care if he thinks I am old, I don't want anyone assuming I have kids/grandkids.
    Im sorry. People talk without thinking and assume things.

I am in shock. I ordered a drone from Amazon this afternoon and got it this evening

I am in shock. I ordered a drone from Amazon this afternoon and got it this evening
    Oh no, BWS is going to be mad that you're sleeping with her Amazon guy too now!
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-26-2023 at 09:22 AM.

Oh no, BWS is going to be mad that your sleeping with her Amazon guy too now!
    Sorry bout ya BWS, I need to get my shit on time

My cat is a jerk and learned when she unplugs my fan, I will wake up and let her out of the room. She did it last night and this morning.

Thread Information