Page 1439 of 1439 FirstFirst ... 439 939 1339 1389 1429 1437 1438 1439
Results 35,951 to 35,957 of 35957

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

  1. #35951
    What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    17,838
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    We rent where we live because we never stay in a town for long because my husband keeps getting promoted to other places, which I've never had a problem with and don't mind the little things here and there. We've been here 3 years (the longest we've stayed in a place) with only a couple problems...it's an extremely old house so it's gonna happen. We came home Wednesday evening to plumbing issues and called the landlord and thinking that he might not be able to get someone out that night but we could deal with a day or so. It's now Friday night and it's gotten horribly worse. He's claiming the plumbing company they use is booked, even for emergencies, and can't come out until Monday. I'm annoyed. I had my kids go to my sister's for the weekend so they don't have to deal with less than 5 minute showers and holding in their bathroom needs. Even those few minutes showers are turning into hell because it causes the pipes to back up into the shower and once it goes down there's mud all in the bottom so that needs to get cleaned up, without water, for the next person to shower.


    It's not fun...and I'm the most easy go-with-the-flow kinda person as possible and usually nothing gets to me, but I'm at my breaking point and want to cry over fucking plumbing issues lol My husband called him again today and said it's gotten way worse and he said he's going to call them again or try a different company but that was hours ago and we haven't heard back. I'm thinking that this is an excuse for getting our own place and no more renting. My husband keeps getting promoted within where he's at now, so hopefully we'll stay in this area from now on.


    Honestly I just needed somewhere to vent...I had today off so I could go without a shower but I'm dreading the thought of it in the morning, but at least I'll be somewhere that I can actually pee whenever I need to...that's a plus
    If you're in a position to be able to buy, you should. In the meantime, depending on the renter's rights in your area, you may be able to stay at a hotel until it's fixed and deduct it from the rent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  2. #35952
    Senior Member Words Words's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    where dreams go to die
    Posts
    4,033
    Rep Power
    21474847
    I'm just afraid that we'll go to buy something and my husband will get promoted to another area...but we have been talking about buying for a few months so this may be pushing it. Might have to look into the hotel situation if it doesn't get fixed by Monday. Honestly it's not the hugest problem, just a huge inconvenience when you have a small bladder. and luckily we're in a position that we have family that'll help take my kids without notice, I just hate asking for help even though I know that's what family is for. I just don't understand how there's no plumbers available until 5 days later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

  3. #35953
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    2965383
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I'm just afraid that we'll go to buy something and my husband will get promoted to another area...but we have been talking about buying for a few months so this may be pushing it. Might have to look into the hotel situation if it doesn't get fixed by Monday. Honestly it's not the hugest problem, just a huge inconvenience when you have a small bladder. and luckily we're in a position that we have family that'll help take my kids without notice, I just hate asking for help even though I know that's what family is for. I just don't understand how there's no plumbers available until 5 days later...
    Ughh, sorry you’re having to deal with that. Real estate is at a weird point right now. With interest rates being so low, houses are selling quickly around my area in Southwestern Ohio. So if you see one that you want, you have to jump on it right away. A friend sold her house after five hours on the market and then was stuck trying to find one to buy. She ended up staying a month with family till she could get into a new house. Good luck with whichever route you guys go!

    DTTAM- trying to reset up my router network so I can get all my cameras to run together smoothly. If anyone has expertise with setting up a Ring network, feel free to offer tips please.

  4. #35954
    Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    18,026
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilbirdie View Post
    Ughh, sorry you’re having to deal with that. Real estate is at a weird point right now. With interest rates being so low, houses are selling quickly around my area in Southwestern Ohio. So if you see one that you want, you have to jump on it right away. A friend sold her house after five hours on the market and then was stuck trying to find one to buy. She ended up staying a month with family till she could get into a new house. Good luck with whichever route you guys go!

    DTTAM- trying to reset up my router network so I can get all my cameras to run together smoothly. If anyone has expertise with setting up a Ring network, feel free to offer tips please.
    The housing market is SUPER hot here too. We closed on our last rent house a year ago yesterday, and at that time it was sluggish at best. We couldn't touch this same house today for 50k more than what we paid for it. Like you said, they are going fast too. Nothing decent stays on the market more than a day or two. We were looking for another rent house, but I think we're going to sit this market out.

  5. #35955
    Senior Member Words Words's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    where dreams go to die
    Posts
    4,033
    Rep Power
    21474847
    update: so I was getting ready for work today a few hours after my husband already left for work today and I hear a small sound of water spilling as I'm going to look for it I hear it suddenly pouring out of the back of the toilet. I call my husband and he rushes home while calling the landlord...and apparently a flooding house makes it so a plumber magically appears (well, it took an hour and a half but I'll take it.) My drains now work and I now know to start flooding my house next time I want something done lol...not really, but it's still bs that it took that to get someone out. I can't wait to take a long shower tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

  6. #35956
    Senior Member curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,455
    Rep Power
    21474844
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    update: so I was getting ready for work today a few hours after my husband already left for work today and I hear a small sound of water spilling as I'm going to look for it I hear it suddenly pouring out of the back of the toilet. I call my husband and he rushes home while calling the landlord...and apparently a flooding house makes it so a plumber magically appears (well, it took an hour and a half but I'll take it.) My drains now work and I now know to start flooding my house next time I want something done lol...not really, but it's still bs that it took that to get someone out. I can't wait to take a long shower tomorrow!
    I'm glad your jackhole landlord finally got your plumbing issue fixed. If you're into baths, you deserve a nice long soak with a glass of wine, a book, and a bath bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  7. #35957
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    2965383
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    update: so I was getting ready for work today a few hours after my husband already left for work today and I hear a small sound of water spilling as I'm going to look for it I hear it suddenly pouring out of the back of the toilet. I call my husband and he rushes home while calling the landlord...and apparently a flooding house makes it so a plumber magically appears (well, it took an hour and a half but I'll take it.) My drains now work and I now know to start flooding my house next time I want something done lol...not really, but it's still bs that it took that to get someone out. I can't wait to take a long shower tomorrow!
    Glad you finally got the plumber to show up and fix it for ya! That has to be a big relief. Good point on the escalation of the problem finally got it fixed up, I’m gonna have to remember that!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •