Page 1459 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 459 959 1359 1409 1449 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1469 ... LastLast
Results 36,451 to 36,475 of 37082

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I decided in 5th grade Im "uncraftinated" aka cant do arts and crafts for shit. After I sewed my arm to the pants I was making it was decided its best that I stay away from sewing machines.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

THERE ARE NO DILL PICKLES IN IRELAND. THEY DON'T EXIST HERE. I'M GOING TO DIE
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

That is crazy. Sounds like you need to make your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    That is crazy. Sounds like you need to make your own.
    I thought no Ranch Dressing and no way to order meat rare at a restaurant was bad enough. Those I could live with. Pickles, I can't. I could learn to make my own like I'm going to do with Ranch Dressing (I just love it with fries) but I'm paranoid of botulism. I've heard stories of people dropping dead from eating homemade pickles. I'll have to do some serious research.

Oh yeah. I didn't think to warn you because I didn't know you were a fellow pickle aficionado. You can always tell British and Irish tourists in America because they don't want 'gross pickles' on anything (and they are transparent pink, lol). Hubby has been here 31 years and still won't eat a pickle. The only good part about that is that I get his pickles in restaurants!
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 08-05-2022 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Oh yeah. I didn't think to warn you because I didn't know you were a fellow pickle aficionado. You can always tell British and Irish tourists in America because they don't want 'gross pickles' on anything (and their transparent pink, lol). Hubby has been here 31 years and still won't eat a pickle. The only good part about that is that I get his pickles in restaurants!
    I'm literally beside myself. I'm a pickle fiend.

So, I start doing the research on making them myself and THEY DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT CUCUMBERS HERE EITHER. I've noticed that they only have English Cucumbers in the stores, but didn't think anything of it. Hubby (a chef) says that they won't work. He is actually super surprised that they aren't available here too. I guess he's been in America for too long. I'm seriously sad right now. I would have brought some of I had known. It never crossed my mind that they wouldn't have it. IT'S A EUROPEAN FOOD! We're going to go to a Polish Shop and hope that we can find some there, but it's a half hour trip. Fingers crossed.

So, I start doing the research on making them myself and THEY DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT CUCUMBERS HERE EITHER. I've noticed that they only have English Cucumbers in the stores, but didn't think anything of it. Hubby (a chef) says that they won't work. He is actually super surprised that they aren't available here too. I guess he's been in America for too long. I'm seriously sad right now. I would have brought some of I had known. It never crossed my mind that they wouldn't have it. IT'S A EUROPEAN FOOD! We're going to go to a Polish Shop and hope that we can find some there, but it's a half hour trip. Fingers crossed.
    Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

This article agrees with your hubby unfortunately.

https://www.tastingtable.com/734470/...ers-different/

Can you order seeds for regular cucumbers and grow your own?

The other thing I always wanted and couldn't get in England was sour cream. No one knew what it even was.

https://www.americanfood.ie/product-p/a-v001.htm

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/com...merican_style/
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Amazon?
    Amazon UK either has them unavailable or priced out at 118 pounds per jar

Like Puzz posted, I'll have to either hit up a Polish Shop or American import store. I'll get the correct seeds and grow my own next year to make my own.

I'm just blown away that they not only don't carry them here, but nobody even knows what I'm talking about at all. I went in one store and didn't see them, but didn't ask. I went in to the other store they have here and didn't see them again so asked an employee and he looked at me confused then led me to the pickled beets and onions. When I explained what I was looking for, he said "Oh! You mean like cucumbers?" and he then led me to the produce section to the cucumbers lol.

I explained what they were to my MIL and she was just as confused, but did say that she would try them if I made some.

I'm just blown away that they not only don't carry them here, but nobody even knows what I'm talking about at all. I went in one store and didn't see them, but didn't ask. I went in to the other store they have here and didn't see them again so asked an employee and he looked at me confused then led me to the pickled beets and onions. When I explained what I was looking for, he said "Oh! You mean like cucumbers?" and he then led me to the produce section to the cucumbers lol.
    Over there pickles are more associated with Indian food, and are pickled beets/cucumbers/onions like you mentioned above. Good stuff, but not what I want when I say pickle!

People who drive long distances with their turn signal on. You never know if they plan to turn. And you know that shit makes noise. How do they ignore it for miles?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

People who drive long distances with their turn signal on. You never know if they plan to turn. And you know that shit makes noise. How do they ignore it for miles?
    Right? It is so annoying.

Yes! And people who never use them, I hate that!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

It's a twofer. Today is Ceci's birthday. Her family gave her a surprise baby Yorkie. Never mind that she doesn't have time, that there are little kids in the house 5, 2 and -.3 and two other dogs... Grrr. It'd be different if she'd asked for a puppy. But anyway...

Then there's this. We have VoIp in our new offices so you can forward your calls to your cell, or answer them on your computer, or just let voice mail pick up. There hasn't been one day this week where I haven't had to sort out a mess someone made with their phone. Including disconnecting the web cam you need to answer.. Also Grrr
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    It's a twofer. Today is Ceci's birthday. Her family gave her a surprise baby Yorkie. Never mind that she doesn't have time, that there are little kids in the house 5, 2 and -.3 and two other dogs... Grrr. It'd be different if she'd asked for a puppy. But anyway...

Animals should NEVER be given as presents. This is one of my pet peeves.

Yeah. I mean... mom has given me money for a puppy a couple of times. Knowing that I'd found a breeder she's enabled the purchase. You know wrap up a box with a leash, a collar, and a check! But to just come home and have your fam hand you a pup with a birthday card tied to her collar. Gah.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yeah. I mean... mom has given me money for a puppy a couple of times. Knowing that I'd found a breeder she's enabled the purchase. You know wrap up a box with a leash, a collar, and a check! But to just come home and have your fam hand you a pup with a birthday card tied to her collar. Gah.
    Big no no. It implies that animals are possessions. How would they know if the dog connects with the owner and vice versa? I'm a true believer of either having an instant connection with an animal that you find or building a connection with a rescue that needs time to decompress. When I first saw Angel, I just KNEW she belonged with us. Hopefully it will work out okay though.

My husband got me our dog as a gift for Christmas. Really though, I (well, we) wanted a dog and I think him giving me the dog at Christmas was so he didn't have to buy me any actual presents

But I agree, dogs aren't just gifts to have for a little bit. They should be lifelong family members!

My husband got me our dog as a gift for Christmas. Really though, I (well, we) wanted a dog and I think him giving me the dog at Christmas was so he didn't have to buy me any actual presents

But I agree, dogs aren't just gifts to have for a little bit. They should be lifelong family members!
    Yeah, it's one thing if you've talked it over, maybe picked out a puppy/dog/cat or at least chose a breed... but this was just a total surprise. The friend shows up with a dog. "hmm" I wonder why she brought the dog? I'll be glad when she goes home and takes that untrained baby puppy home. Uh, what? It's my dog now?

DTTAM: I was having a nice dream that I ran into Tom Brady while out jetskiing and then he invited me to a game and came over and was talking to me before the game...and then my dogs woke me up.

DTTAM: I was having a nice dream that I ran into Tom Brady while out jetskiing and then he invited me to a game and came over and was talking to me before the game...and then my dogs woke me up.
    That was nice of Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    That was nice of Tom.
    I know, and my damn dogs ruined it!

I know, and my damn dogs ruined it!
    I hate it when that happens, but I usually wake myself up though on accident.

I had three 4-9 year old boys fighting in my living room and it was WW3. Stuff flying evrywhere, kids screaming and crying, and somehow my husband napped through 2 kids screaming their heads literally off. They ran into each other, knocked themselves out, and both had hematomas on their forehead.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I hate it when that happens, but I usually wake myself up though on accident.

I had three 4-9 year old boys fighting in my living room and it was WW3. Stuff flying evrywhere, kids screaming and crying, and somehow my husband napped through 2 kids screaming their heads literally off. They ran into each other, knocked themselves out, and both had hematomas on their forehead.
    Are you sure he was really asleep?

Thread Information