Page 1468 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 468 968 1368 1418 1458 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1478 ... LastLast
Results 36,676 to 36,700 of 37082

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

Today is the second time this week that a local school district had to be evacuated because of threats of violence, bombs threats I think. This should not be the new normal for these kids.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    Today is the second time this week that a local school district had to be evacuated because of threats of violence, bombs threats I think. This should not be the new normal for these kids.
    That's insane. I don't understand why we have to live this way nowadays and the kids having to accept this for their normal.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    That's insane. I don't understand why we have to live this way nowadays and the kids having to accept this for their normal.
    And at some point they get used to the threats and start assuming they are nothing until that day when they become something and more school children die.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Privileged "customers" that take up space and get in my way.

Last night, I had two men standing by my cash register so I walk up to see if they need help. Nope. They're just talking and talking. Then, one grabs a business card about to start drawing on it. He then asks me for paper so he can draw a picture of a golf course. They finally leave and leave the drawing. There is a trashcan right next to them.

Also, while they were standing in front of the register, I was trying to check actual customers out and they're oblivious to the situation of course. I was glad when they left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Privileged "customers" that take up space and get in my way.

Last night, I had two men standing by my cash register so I walk up to see if they need help. Nope. They're just talking and talking. Then, one grabs a business card about to start drawing on it. He then asks me for paper so he can draw a picture of a golf course. They finally leave and leave the drawing. There is a trashcan right next to them.

Also, while they were standing in front of the register, I was trying to check actual customers out and they're oblivious to the situation of course. I was glad when they left.
    This happens CONSTANTLY at the petrol station that I work at. Luckily there are two registers so I usually just direct people to the other one. But if it gets busy, I ask them if they can move to let people through. Since it's a small town, everyone knows each other and they use stores like ours to chit chat and catch up with each other. It's annoying AF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

This happens CONSTANTLY at the petrol station that I work at. Luckily there are two registers so I usually just direct people to the other one. But if it gets busy, I ask them if they can move to let people through. Since it's a small town, everyone knows each other and they use stores like ours to chit chat and catch up with each other. It's annoying AF.
    Do you normally work by yourself? This was my first time working by myself from 5:30pm to close. The restaurant side gets busy and when people have to wait, they shop. I was nervous about having people needing help and people waiting to be checked out. This guy was supposed to work with me till 6pm, but he found out his grandfather died so he left. We have three registers, I closed two so I'd have less to deal with when I closed my side of the store.

Speaking of people using your petrol station as a place to catch up, this happened years ago, but right after my husband's uncle had died (while he was still laying dead in his hospital bed), all his family used the hospital hallway as a reunion spot. It was weird.

Last night around 7:30 we were watching our tvs (him fighting, me Mysteries at the Museum, and there was a very very loud explosion sound and the power went out. The Mr looks out the back window and the pole in our backyard is on fire. Fire Dept. shows up but can't do anything because the electric/power lines are right there and it was so windy. For a couple hours we all stood there and watched it burn until it burned through the pole and the top of the pole came down. The electric company came and in the high winds and rain they put a small bucket truck in the back yard and cut the rest of the still burning top of the pole off. They were able to somehow rerun the lines and get our power back on by 10:30 pm. If I could figure out how to share pics I'd show you.

Last night around 7:30 we were watching our tvs (him fighting, me Mysteries at the Museum, and there was a very very loud explosion sound and the power went out. The Mr looks out the back window and the pole in our backyard is on fire. Fire Dept. shows up but can't do anything because the electric/power lines are right there and it was so windy. For a couple hours we all stood there and watched it burn until it burned through the pole and the top of the pole came down. The electric company came and in the high winds and rain they put a small bucket truck in the back yard and cut the rest of the still burning top of the pole off. They were able to somehow rerun the lines and get our power back on by 10:30 pm. If I could figure out how to share pics I'd show you.
    That's crazy! Glad you guys and your house are ok. So it got hit by lightning?

For sharing pics I go to Imgur and upload my pics and then after uploading the pic to their site you hover over the pic and three little dots will appear in the top right corner. If you click on those dots you will see the option to get share options. Click on that and then click "copy link" on the BBC forums option. After that you just paste that link on MDS and the pic will appear when you post. Some people upload them as attachments but sometimes they come out upside down.

Whoa. That's scary! I would have been afraid that the electric lines would explode when the fire got to it.

Whoa. That's scary! I would have been afraid that the electric lines would explode when the fire got to it.

The fire department couldn't spray it because of the electrical lines and every time it looked like the rain might have put it out the wind would pick up and it would blaze again. It finally burned through the pole and it fell down but it was still burning down into the pole and started flaming again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The fire department couldn't spray it because of the electrical lines and every time it looked like the rain might have put it out the wind would pick up and it would blaze again. It finally burned through the pole and it fell down but it was still burning down into the pole and started flaming again.
    I'm glad it didn't fall on your house.

My son is in preschool and I recently found out they do active shooter drills at his school. This is a private preschool that only allows babies to four year old. You have to scan your fingerprint to enter. It's sad that it's the new norm.
    Last edited by curiouscat; 03-27-2023 at 07:08 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

My son is in preschool and I recently found out they do v. active shooter drills at his school. This is a private preschool that only allows babies to four year old. You have to scan your fingerprint to enter. It's sad that it's the new norm.
    That's horrible. I recall our drills were getting underneath desks for nuclear bombs...like that would help.

Do you normally work by yourself? This was my first time working by myself from 5:30pm to close. The restaurant side gets busy and when people have to wait, they shop. I was nervous about having people needing help and people waiting to be checked out. This guy was supposed to work with me till 6pm, but he found out his grandfather died so he left. We have three registers, I closed two so I'd have less to deal with when I closed my side of the store.

Speaking of people using your petrol station as a place to catch up, this happened years ago, but right after my husband's uncle had died (while he was still laying dead in his hospital bed), all his family used the hospital hallway as a reunion spot. It was weird.
    I only work the last hour of the night alone. Otherwise I have someone there with me although her main job is working the deli. We both just clean and clean and clean and clean some more and take care of the customers as they come in. She leaves at 8pm and I close down an hour later so it isn't too bad. I wouldn't feel comfortable working alone for any amount of time in any store anywhere in America. NOPE.

That's TERRIFYING! Was is a transformer that blew? Lightening? Like CC mentioned, I'm glad that it didn't fall on your house or spread any further. Scary stuff!

My son is in preschool and I recently found out they do active shooter drills at his school. This is a private preschool that only allows babies to four year old. You have to scan your fingerprint to enter. It's sad that it's the new norm.
    This is just sad.

I only work the last hour of the night alone. Otherwise I have someone there with me although her main job is working the deli. We both just clean and clean and clean and clean some more and take care of the customers as they come in. She leaves at 8pm and I close down an hour later so it isn't too bad. I wouldn't feel comfortable working alone for any amount of time in any store anywhere in America. NOPE.
    I guess I should clarify that I wasn't alone alone.
    There was still several people on the restaurant side, but I'm the only one that knows how to run the retail side.

Ahh....okay. I was wondering how they could saddle you with handling both on your own. I would tell them to fuck off

Today, I was walking to my car after work, I hear someone yelling for help. Soon after, there's a fire truck, an ambulance, and a police car pulling up to my workplace.
    I'm in the back parking lot so I can't see what's going on.
    I didn't try to stick around to see what was up, and luckily, we have a back exit, because they had the front blocked off with vehicles.
    The annoying part to this story is I texted both my manager and co-worker who are still in the building to see if they know what's going on. They never respond.

Today, I was walking to my car after work, I hear someone yelling for help. Soon after, there's a fire truck, an ambulance, and a police car pulling up to my workplace.
    I'm in the back parking lot so I can't see what's going on.
    I didn't try to stick around to see what was up, and luckily, we have a back exit, because they had the front blocked off with vehicles.
    The annoying part to this story is I texted both my manager and co-worker who are still in the building to see if they know what's going on. They never respond.
    What if it was a murder? They're going to watch the CCTV footage and think that you're trying to slip out unnoticed and then bring you in for questioning. I would have TOTALLY been a nosey bitch and checked it out.

What if it was a murder? They're going to watch the CCTV footage and think that you're trying to slip out unnoticed and then bring you in for questioning. I would have TOTALLY been a nosey bitch and checked it out.
    Darn! If it was, I missed it! I assumed it was more of a seizure or a heart attack.
    I hung out almost an hour after my shift so I didn't try to sneak out.
    Plus, I frequently use the back entrance to enter and exit so it's a normal routine for me.

Darn! If it was, I missed it! I assumed it was more of a seizure or a heart attack.
    I hung out almost an hour after my shift so I didn't try to sneak out.
    Plus, I frequently use the back entrance to enter and exit so it's a normal routine for me.
    You sound like you have a guilty conscience.

You sound like you have a guilty conscience.
    I'm not sure what you all are trying to imply?! I just wanted to know why emergency vehicles pulled up at my work and why none of my co-workers responded to tell me what happened. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I'm not sure what you all are trying to imply?! I just wanted to know why emergency vehicles pulled up at my work and why none of my co-workers responded to tell me what happened. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
    We were poking at you, kidding around.

We've had a lot of wind and rain in my part of the state. A bit more than usual for this time o' the year if you ask me. Anyway, I live in a residential area, lots of homes and unfortunately I seem to be the only one in my tiny portion that can figure out that clogged street gutters don't work so good when it rains. I clean out our all the time but the one across the street and the one kitty-corner do not clean theirs and neither does Stabby McStabster next door. I woke up this morning to a lake at the end of the driveway. It drained but it just pisses me off and I woke up grumpity so I pity the fool who sets my temper off today (it won't be Stabby McStabster because ... stabby)

We've had a lot of wind and rain in my part of the state. A bit more than usual for this time o' the year if you ask me. Anyway, I live in a residential area, lots of homes and unfortunately I seem to be the only one in my tiny portion that can figure out that clogged street gutters don't work so good when it rains. I clean out our all the time but the one across the street and the one kitty-corner do not clean theirs and neither does Stabby McStabster next door. I woke up this morning to a lake at the end of the driveway. It drained but it just pisses me off and I woke up grumpity so I pity the fool who sets my temper off today (it won't be Stabby McStabster because ... stabby)
    Shouldn't the city be taking care of that though? Maybe call the city and tell them that it's causing flooding and to clean out the muthahfuhckin gutters! That shouldn't be your job

Today is FINALLY a sunny day in Ireland. It's been what seems like a century since we've had a day without rain. I'm TOLD that there's been record rainfall this year here so that it's not normal. I'm at the point where I don't believe them and I've had to make peace with the fact that I live in a perpetual water world with no sun. ever......ever. ever.......ever......

Note to those that suffer from seasonal depression: NEVER move to Ireland

Shouldn't the city be taking care of that though? Maybe call the city and tell them that it's causing flooding and to clean out the muthahfuhckin gutters! That shouldn't be your job

Today is FINALLY a sunny day in Ireland. It's been what seems like a century since we've had a day without rain. I'm TOLD that there's been record rainfall this year here so that it's not normal. I'm at the point where I don't believe them and I've had to make peace with the fact that I live in a perpetual water world with no sun. ever......ever. ever.......ever......

Note to those that suffer from seasonal depression: NEVER move to Ireland

The town does come through and using their really big roomba (street zamboni?) on the roads/gutters but we've had so much wind that they clean it, the wind blows and they're full again. On a good note though... my backyard didn't start on fire again when we got lightening last night.

Thread Information