Page 1426 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 426 926 1326 1376 1416 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1436 1476 ... LastLast
Results 35,626 to 35,650 of 37082

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

I've been very, very slowly decluttering and selling my stuff. I had a bunch of Bath & Body Works candles that I was trying to get rid of. I made the foolish rookie mistake of holding the candles for someone for a few days. She (lady A) was supposed to pick them up yesterday. I never heard from her of course.
    I did have a lady (lady B) message me last night about the candles and she offered me the same price that lady A was supposed to give me. Lady B came within the hour of messaging me and took the candles. No haggling. Nothing. It was great.
    Today, Lady A messaged me and told me she forgot to get with me about the candles, but she'd try to remember next Thursday. Bitch! I'm not holding these candles for that long (even if I still had them). I lied and told her that other people are offering me more so no, not holding. I probably should've told lady A to stick her head where the sun don't shine.

I'm on WIC. I just received an automated message saying I missed my appointment. I look at the back of my folder. Oh my, I did miss it, but I thought due to the coronavirus, the appointments were over the phone?!
    I called to see what was up. The first automated message I hear is appointments are via phone call and someone will reach out to you on the day of your appointment.
    Haha! Not my fault!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I'm getting tired of my husband keeping trash. He invited his friend's family to stay at our house this weekend. He worked a bit this morning then slept till 6pm. I don't know why my husband acts tired. I'm the one that has to wake up every 2 hours to feed my baby (I know it's my choice to breastfeed and I could do formula. Formula is a curse word in this family.) . Anyhow our whole house has heaps of clutter piled up and my husband gets pissed if I throw anything away. I once threw away Tupperware that was growing mold. I got the silent treatment for that.
    Back to his friends coming, I'm trying to throw away old snacks that he keeps getting out of the trashcan. I'm getting frustrated and I'm about to not ever lift a finger to do shit. His friends can deal with their hoarder friend.

Maybe it's just me.... but the way Tom Selleck does the old man nose whistle 3x in the first 7 seconds of this video drives. me. insane.

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I have changed my baby 3 times in 2 hours. He won't stop shitting. My mil wonders why I hate diaper changes. Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I have changed my baby 3 times in 2 hours. He won't stop shitting. My mil wonders why I hate diaper changes. Hmmm....
    Awwww.... poor little fellow had a dodgy belly. Hope he's better today.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I hate not being able to try things on anywhere. I hate returning things too.

I have a weird shape (I'm top heavy) so my size varies from store to store.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I hate not being able to try things on anywhere. I hate returning things too.

I have a weird shape (I'm top heavy) so my size varies from store to store.
    I legit can't buy anything without trying it on first....sizes are so over the place, plus I am an odd shape too.

It sucks with online shopping, I just can't do it. Only clothing I have ordered online is a sweatshirt and I have to cross my fingers it will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I legit can't buy anything without trying it on first....sizes are so over the place, plus I am an odd shape too.

It sucks with online shopping, I just can't do it. Only clothing I have ordered online is a sweatshirt and I have to cross my fingers it will fit.
    I bought bathing suits online. I sized up. They probably wont fit.

My sister gets all of her clothes from Amazon but shes a couple sizes smaller than me.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Everything today.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Everything today.
    True! I agree

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    True! I agree
    What's annoying you? My day got better yesterday, I hope yours does too!

What's annoying you? My day got better yesterday, I hope yours does too!
    For this crazy year I got strange advice from my parents friends and the senior citizens with mental to take the "Disinfectant" to cure COVID-19. Initially I thought my clients were going to commit suicide and reported this to my supervisor only to find out it was the President on TV telling people about cleaners later that made my clients were getting advice for cures from the White House.

Today, Im all good I am learning to get off my "I have a Biology/Biotech degree card" and learn to understand why the general public distrust science and find the root of the issue in this Pandemic.

For this crazy year I got strange advice from my parents friends and the senior citizens with mental to take the "Disinfectant" to cure COVID-19. Initially I thought my clients were going to commit suicide and reported this to my supervisor only to find out it was the President on TV telling people about cleaners later that made my clients were getting advice for cures from the White House.

Today, Im all good I am learning to get off my "I have a Biology/Biotech degree card" and learn to understand why the general public distrust science and find the root of the issue in this Pandemic.
    What kind of job so you do?

I'm a babysitter for senior citizens (I'm considered essential according to my employer and the state of California)
    I was planning to work in a biotech lab but it turned out my skills didn't fit with the current climate of the industry though. And I had to go back to school to update my skills.

I remember you were a board member and in the COVID-19 posts you were pissed off of your staff falling for Snake oil in relation to COVID-19.

I remember you were a board member and in the COVID-19 posts you were pissed off of your staff falling for Snake oil in relation to COVID-19.
    One of my Board members died due to COVID, but not because he did anything snake oil related. He was in the hospital on a ventilator and EMCO machine for weeks before he died.

I'm a babysitter for senior citizens (I'm considered essential according to my employer and the state of California)
    I was planning to work in a biotech lab but it turned out my skills didn't fit with the current climate of the industry though. And I had to go back to school to update my skills.
    Oh my, do you work in a nursing home? Be careful, that would be a scary place to work right now. And I imagine having a biotech degree would be incredibly frustrating in times like this. You probably do a lot of this all day long:

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Oh my, do you work in a nursing home? Be careful, that would be a scary place to work right now. And I imagine having a biotech degree would be incredibly frustrating in times like this. You probably do a lot of this all day long:
    Don't feel bad for me but feel bad for all the people who really have a COVID-19 Positive test and have since died from that. Also Feel bad to the senior citizens who do need daycare services but cannot do so because the family either cannot afford the service or because the employers only accept daycare for family members under 18. In My case I have to commute to my clients home and wear face masks also do whatever the family and nurses want me to do with the client in question (Don't feel bad for me) at least the people I am assigned do have space since its in their home.

DTTAM: people that ask you to volunteer and help, telling you how desperate they are for help, and then they nitpick and criticize everything you do (and they ask you to do something totally different from what they originally asked you to do). I am NEVER doing anything nice for anyone again. I am done with it all.

I'm annoyed with large retailers who are out of the thing you want to buy but happy to suggest something more expensive!

DTTAM: people that ask you to volunteer and help, telling you how desperate they are for help, and then they nitpick and criticize everything you do (and they ask you to do something totally different from what they originally asked you to do). I am NEVER doing anything nice for anyone again. I am done with it all.
    Yeah, choosing beggars are the worst.

Don't feel bad for me but feel bad for all the people who really have a COVID-19 Positive test and have since died from that. Also Feel bad to the senior citizens who do need daycare services but cannot do so because the family either cannot afford the service or because the employers only accept daycare for family members under 18. In My case I have to commute to my clients home and wear face masks also do whatever the family and nurses want me to do with the client in question (Don't feel bad for me) at least the people I am assigned do have space since its in their home.
    Well, I have tremendous respect for those in the business of "caring." They made Dad's final days comfortable and were incredibly helpful to my elderly mother. I'm convinced we would have lost her too, if it weren't for our home-based carers. So blessings to you, JL... and thank you for being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lena Norbert View Post
    I'm annoyed with large retailers who are out of the thing you want to buy but happy to suggest something more expensive!
    Amen! Likewise, those who used the pandemic as an excuse to empty their warehouse of merchandise they couldn't sell under normal circumstances. I'm looking at YOU, Publix.... and your crappy, single-ply, irregular, dissolves-on-contact toilet paper!

I feel your pain, my friend. It happened to me yesterday, too. A good deed for an elderly neighbor that should have taken about 20 minutes took almost two hours due to her irrational demands about every aspect of the job. To be clear - I cleaned out the cabinet under her kitchen sink, NOTHING was thrown away. I could count on two hands the number of items stored under there. TWO HOURS!

I feel your pain, my friend. It happened to me yesterday, too. A good deed for an elderly neighbor that should have taken about 20 minutes took almost two hours due to her irrational demands about every aspect of the job. To be clear - I cleaned out the cabinet under her kitchen sink, NOTHING was thrown away. I could count on two hands the number of items stored under there. TWO HOURS!

I'm sorry this happened. It really does make you think twice about doing it again, which is a sad thing.

I'm sorry this happened. It really does make you think twice about doing it again, which is a sad thing.
    Yes it does. I was going to complain about it in "We Love Old People, but Dang..." last night, but then I saw your post and joined in for a good old-fashioned whinefest.

In general, I'm a helpful person - I'm also a GRATEFUL person. When someone does something for me - anything - I am grateful for it. I don't demand that they do it my way, I don't complain, and I sure as feck don't stand over them providing supervision and running commentary on their every move.

"Why are you using a bucket? Just use the sink. You don't need a bucket. I don't use Fabuloso under the sink, I use Ajax. I use Fabuloso in the bathroom, now my kitchen is going to smell like a bathroom. Don't forget the sides. Both sides. Did you get both sides? I didn't see you do the left side. And the back wall, don't forget the back. What's that spot there? No, that one. No, the one right there. RIGHT THERE! Well it's not going to come off with that rag you're using. Use a Brillo pad. Here, I'll get you a Brillo pad. Are you planning to rinse that? It's all wet! You have to dry it. Here, dry it. While you're down there I need you to seal up that hole. Rodents are getting in that hole. I don't know, what do they usually put in there to seal it up? What do you mean you can't seal it? SOMEBODY has to seal it! Is that water on the floor? I think you dripped water on the floor. Here, mop that up."

For two hours. I don't know how JL does it. I love old people, but dang.... gratitude is the attitude you guise.

Yes it does. I was going to complain about it in "We Love Old People, but Dang..." last night, but then I saw your post and joined in for a good old-fashioned whinefest.

In general, I'm a helpful person - I'm also a GRATEFUL person. When someone does something for me - anything - I am grateful for it. I don't demand that they do it my way, I don't complain, and I sure as feck don't stand over them providing supervision and running commentary on their every move.

"Why are you using a bucket? Just use the sink. You don't need a bucket. I don't use Fabuloso under the sink, I use Ajax. I use Fabuloso in the bathroom, now my kitchen is going to smell like a bathroom. Don't forget the sides. Both sides. Did you get both sides? I didn't see you do the left side. And the back wall, don't forget the back. What's that spot there? No, that one. No, the one right there. RIGHT THERE! Well it's not going to come off with that rag you're using. Use a Brillo pad. Here, I'll get you a Brillo pad. Are you planning to rinse that? It's all wet! You have to dry it. Here, dry it. While you're down there I need you to seal up that hole. Rodents are getting in that hole. I don't know, what do they usually put in there to seal it up? What do you mean you can't seal it? SOMEBODY has to seal it! Is that water on the floor? I think you dripped water on the floor. Here, mop that up."

For two hours. I don't know how JL does it. I love old people, but dang.... gratitude is the attitude you guise.
    I like to help people, but I think I might have gotten fed up and left in your situation. My patience is running thin lately, lol.

My person doesn't even have the excuse of being old. I was asked to work on a database, which I agreed to do. Then they get back with me and ask me to do something totally different from what I volunteered to do. Um, ok. So they want me to redo their documents that are in Word and PDF format. Some of them are really juvenile, so I think "they want me to make them look professional, that won't take too much". They give me no guidance other than to make them look good and more professional. So I work on one and send it over and am told it looks great. Then later in the day I get an email telling me "don't take this wrong, but we have feedback". So each one of them proceeds to want some little nit picky thing changed (make the top line blue instead of green, make the second line green instead of blue.) This is literally one of the comments:
    "This looks great! Simple text, easy to read graphics, not an overload of information.
    My only suggestion is to switch the text colors for name of organization deleted to protect the annoying (currently Green) and Name of document (currently blue) so that the top line is blue and the next line green. I think that would look better, although I can't exactly explain why lol."

The only issue is....wait for it...this is their emblem that they had graphically designed a couple of years ago that is in the color order they are wanting changed, only the name of the document is available to be changed without redesigning the graphic they use.

I basically told her that editing the documents and making them look professional is fine, but if it's going to come down to doing and re-doing, and re-doing again over something as simple as someone wants one color before the other one, then I think the person with the really strong predilection for a very specific look should probably be doing the Word docs...it just makes much more sense that way. I told her that if you read the first comment, they really are saying that they want the colors in the graphic re-arranged, and while that is fine, it makes me think that maybe you guys should decide where you want to go with everything overall before working on the minutiae.

Maybe I am over-reacting, but I am just annoyed. This should be a simple task, and one font vs another, or one color or another isn't that big of a deal, and if it is I don't have the time to mess with it.

Ok, I am done with my whining now. I feel better.

Thread Information