Page 1414 of 1415 FirstFirst ... 414 914 1314 1364 1404 1412 1413 1414 1415 LastLast
Results 35,326 to 35,350 of 35362

Thread: Dumb things that annoy you.

  1. #35326
    Senior Member captainjillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,909
    Rep Power
    21385721
    Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    You are lucky you have a boss that admits they were wrong. If that were my company, they would just find another reason to point out that the customer is always right. I'm exhausted this week too. I'm starting my two weeks to vacation count down.
    For sure! It's a British company so the bosses are generally very polite and reasonable as compared to some of my previous work with American companies in the same field. The CEO's are both guys not much older than me, so they actually take the time to listen to the employees and explain their policies and things to us generally, as well as join the work chat often to joke around, wish happy birthdays, and welcome new members. It's definitely one of the best companies I have worked for in that regard. I'm just sick and sleepy so it got to me more than usual LOL.


    I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

  2. #35327
    Senior Member Words Words's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    where dreams go to die
    Posts
    3,943
    Rep Power
    21474843
    Must be something about this week, I've been horrible exhausted at work too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

  3. #35328
    Senior Member Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    16,788
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Cheap dish soap. A little doesn't go a long way. Don't skimp on dish soap. In the end, it doesn't pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  4. #35329
    Senior Member daisylane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,688
    Rep Power
    21367467
    When Ron likens a bill to sexual assault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

  5. #35330
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    The people who live on the floor above me in my apartment complex stomping around, sounding like giants. Scares the crap out of me because it makes loud noises. Freaks my cat out sometimes, too.

  6. #35331
    Senior Member Jumaki15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbiana County, Ohio
    Posts
    4,080
    Rep Power
    21474846
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    When Ron likens a bill to sexual assault.
    Where did he do that?

  7. #35332
    Senior Member daisylane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,688
    Rep Power
    21367467
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Where did he do that?
    Facey, the little shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

  8. #35333
    Senior Member Jumaki15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbiana County, Ohio
    Posts
    4,080
    Rep Power
    21474846
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Facey, the little shit
    Bad Ron!

  9. #35334
    Senior Member captainjillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,909
    Rep Power
    21385721
    When you receive weekly stat emails saying you are doing amazing, and then you come back from 3 days off to a mandatory phone call with a verbal warning because of a customer complaint, and a railroading about everything you are doing wrong, even though the email you received the DAY BEFORE states you're #3 on the whole team.

    I try to take criticism well, I try to take things like that and make improvements, and I generally do it pretty well I think. This just caught me off guard so much. Then the supervisor proceeded to "listen in" on the rest of my chats before my break and then would butt into chats with suggestions on how to improve (not things I was doing wrong necessarily, just how HE would do it, I made a lot of sales) so the whole morning I was an anxious mess, and then spent my 2 hour break crying in my bathroom and wanting to quit, which is something I struggle with when I feel things are unfair, I get overwhelmed and just shut down and walk away from it. I think it has something to do with my depression, like it's SO HARD TO GET OVER things like that for some reason. But Christmas is coming and bills, so I sucked it up and am just trying to finish my day right now.

    Three more hours to go....


    I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

  10. #35335
    Senior Member captainjillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,909
    Rep Power
    21385721
    Double post because I am done with my pity party from yesterday, and am trying to move forward in a positive manner, and do my best.

    Here's to a better day!


    I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

  11. #35336
    Senior Citizen Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    13,525
    Rep Power
    21474860
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjillian View Post
    When you receive weekly stat emails saying you are doing amazing, and then you come back from 3 days off to a mandatory phone call with a verbal warning because of a customer complaint, and a railroading about everything you are doing wrong, even though the email you received the DAY BEFORE states you're #3 on the whole team.

    I try to take criticism well, I try to take things like that and make improvements, and I generally do it pretty well I think. This just caught me off guard so much. Then the supervisor proceeded to "listen in" on the rest of my chats before my break and then would butt into chats with suggestions on how to improve (not things I was doing wrong necessarily, just how HE would do it, I made a lot of sales) so the whole morning I was an anxious mess, and then spent my 2 hour break crying in my bathroom and wanting to quit, which is something I struggle with when I feel things are unfair, I get overwhelmed and just shut down and walk away from it. I think it has something to do with my depression, like it's SO HARD TO GET OVER things like that for some reason. But Christmas is coming and bills, so I sucked it up and am just trying to finish my day right now.

    Three more hours to go....
    That's all you can do, move forward and try to be positive. I'm super frustrated this week because sales are so low. We've got awful lists right now as we're fishing at the bottom of the barrel until our client gives us new lists. Sales = money, and it's already halfway through the month so I'm pulling my hair out trying to get people on the phone.

    I'd be frustrated as hell if my supervisor did what yours did to you. The great thing in all of this is that mine is supportive even though we're all sucking right now.
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins
    There's a guard on every door and a drink on every floor
    Overflowing with a thousand amens - Tom Petty

  12. #35337
    Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,283
    Rep Power
    13122267
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    That's all you can do, move forward and try to be positive. I'm super frustrated this week because sales are so low. We've got awful lists right now as we're fishing at the bottom of the barrel until our client gives us new lists. Sales = money, and it's already halfway through the month so I'm pulling my hair out trying to get people on the phone.

    I'd be frustrated as hell if my supervisor did what yours did to you. The great thing in all of this is that mine is supportive even though we're all sucking right now.
    Seems it's a crappy month for all. I'm not in sales but I'm training a new person. It's kind of difficult to do when I'm not receiving trouble tickets to show him how to correct programming errors. This leads me to believe no one is placing orders or creating accounts. No errors for me to fix, usually means low sales. So for now, I'm doing my best to make up examples of shit that can go wrong and teach him with them. Oh and my boss is zero help. I have no idea when I'm supposed to be training and when I'm not. I just walk by the new guys desk and if he's sitting there clueless, I assume I'm supposed to train him on something.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

  13. #35338
    Senior Member Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    16,788
    Rep Power
    21474857
    I'm a hired gun for this band. They asked if I was available for New Years and what they do is quote them for either a 3 piece or 4 piece including keys and female vox (ie ME). They opted for the 3 piece and I missed out on this. FML.

    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 01-01-2018 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  14. #35339
    Senior Member puke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    2,550
    Rep Power
    21474850
    Do you guys have your own songs or do you do all covers?
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

  15. #35340
    Senior Member Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    16,788
    Rep Power
    21474857
    Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Do you guys have your own songs or do you do all covers?
    All covers
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  16. #35341
    Senior Member puke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    2,550
    Rep Power
    21474850
    We drove all the way to Chicago to drop something off at a courthouse just to find out that the place was closed for Lincoln's birthday.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

  17. #35342
    🤔 Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9,278
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Stupid Ohio weather. It was warm and nice outside yesterday, now it's cold. I'm so done with winter.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  18. #35343
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    2234231
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Stupid Ohio weather. It was warm and nice outside yesterday, now it's cold. I'm so done with winter.
    I love winter for the emotional misery! I hate summer for the physical misery.
    I don't ever look forward to summer which I think makes me a good candidate for Alaska. But yeah, it snowed in Dayton this morning and last week I was pulling weeds in a tank top. Go figure.

  19. #35344
    Senior Member Words Words's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    where dreams go to die
    Posts
    3,943
    Rep Power
    21474843
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Stupid Ohio weather. It was warm and nice outside yesterday, now it's cold. I'm so done with winter.
    same. I liked that it was beautiful...then it had to freaking snow again
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

  20. #35345
    Senior Member Words Words's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    where dreams go to die
    Posts
    3,943
    Rep Power
    21474843
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Stupid Ohio weather. It was warm and nice outside yesterday, now it's cold. I'm so done with winter.
    same. I liked that it was beautiful...then it had to freaking snow again
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

  21. #35346
    senior cunt emmieslost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    26,136
    Rep Power
    21474874
    This Midwest weather is the worst. It's put me in a nasty migraine cycle and I have to work over night tonight which is not going to help... I'm already having coffee. Dumb...

  22. #35347
    Senior Member puke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    2,550
    Rep Power
    21474850
    Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    This Midwest weather is the worst. It's put me in a nasty migraine cycle and I have to work over night tonight which is not going to help... I'm already having coffee. Dumb...
    As long as we're done with the snow I'm fine with these weather mood swings.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

  23. #35348
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    7311418
    Old people shouldn't have Facebook. They share 1543645742352 posts in an hour and 99% of the posts aren't factual.
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  24. #35349
    senior cunt emmieslost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    26,136
    Rep Power
    21474874
    Water heater is slowly dying. Furnace blower is dead so it's warmer outside than it is in my house. Z's studio flooded this weekend. I usually love Monday, but this day can go fuck itself.

  25. #35350
    Senior Member puke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    2,550
    Rep Power
    21474850
    Drove to taco bell just to try one of those new strawberry skittles freezes and the machine wasn't working.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •