https://fox40.com/news/local-news/ho...g-house-party/

MANTECA, Calif. (KTXL) ? San Joaquin County deputies are investigating a shooting at a house party that left seven people injured.

The shooting happened just after midnight Saturday in rural Manteca near the intersection of West Woodward Avenue and South Airport Way.

?This morning I come to take the house back and it?s pretty messed up, you know like, you know, how would a typical party would look like. I just have to go through and clean it. Busted windows, doors, stuff like that,? homeowner John Vo told FOX40.

He said he wasn?t at the house during the time of the shooting because he rented out the property for a couple nights on the website vrbo.com.

?I?ve rented this before. It never seen any problem,? said Vo. ?The guy who rented, he said, you know, they?re going to get together to relax a couple days before his friend go to the military. So that?s why I rented out to them. Otherwise, I wouldn?t.?

The weekend stay turned violent.

According to deputies, California Highway Patrol officers were conducting a traffic stop nearby when they heard the gunshots and saw people running from the home on West Woodward Avenue.

Deputies say someone started shooting into the crowd with a semi-automatic weapon.

?You know, it looked like somebody were running out frantic,? said Vo.

Several pairs of shoes and clothes were left behind.

Deputies said seven people were shot and taken to the hospital. Of those, two remain hospitalized in critical condition and five others have been treated and released.

Among those injured were two minors.

?Never expected it here you know. You look over there, you know, the cornfields and over here this is really a ranch country kind of lifestyle. But I guess when young people party that could happen anywhere, I guess,? said Vo.

Detectives are still investigating the shooting. The shooter has not been arrested.

The sheriff?s office is asking anyone with information to contact them.

https://www.kcra.com/article/search-...party/33423367

MANTECA, Calif. ?
The search is on for the suspect who showed up at a Manteca house party overnight Saturday and began firing shots. The incident happened at a home on Woodward Avenue, just off Airport Way.

Around 10 p.m. Friday night, neighbor Mike Randall noticed a bunch of people arriving in cars and parking along the street near the house. A couple hours later, he woke up to the sound of sirens.

"About midnight, I woke up and there was all kinds of fire trucks, sirens, ambulance," said Randall.

A few hours later Randall said a sheriff's deputy came to his door, and told him there'd been a shooting a couple doors down from his home.

According to the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office, shortly after midnight a man showed up at a home on the 4400 block of Woodward Avenue, and started shooting at people gathered there for a party.

In all, seven people were hurt -- two critically. Five others needed medical treatment before being released, the sheriff's office said.

Investigators spent hours at the crime scene collecting evidence and trying to piece together how and why the shooting happened.

KCRA 3 spoke with the owner of the house who said he's been renting out the property through the rental site VRBO for a few months and that he usually reviews potential vacation renters himself.

He also described VRBO as having a reliable, selective screening process. The owner said the applicant for this weekend's rental identified himself as someone who "wanted to take a couple days to relax before going into the military."

It is not known whether the man who rented the property is among the shooting victims.

Of the seven people hurt in Friday night's shooting, the sheriff's office said at least two of them were minors. It has not yet released the ages or names of the victims or a motive for the shooting.