Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 close friends (Brandon Rollins, 27), (Keven Springfield, 30), (Damion Tillman, 23) massacred during fishing trip in Frostproof

3 close friends (Brandon Rollins, 27), (Keven Springfield, 30), (Damion Tillman, 23) massacred during fishing trip in Frostproof

https://www.facebook.com/damion.tillman.77

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.rollins.96

https://www.facebook.com/keven.springfield.7

https://www.wfla.com/news/polk-count...JWs0LzRZAZJutU

POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) 'Three young men were 'massacred' during a fishing trip in Frostproof Friday night in what Sheriff Grady Judd called one of the worst murder scenes he's ever witnessed.

Judd said Frostproof residents Brandon Rollins, 27, Keven Springfield, 30, and Damion Tillman, 23, were to meet at Lake Streety off US Hwy 27 Friday evening for some 'night fishing.'

'It's about as far out in the middle of the woods as you can get,' Judd said. 'It's a peaceful area. There's a beautiful lake where three very close friends were going fishing last night.'

Judd said Damion arrived first to the lake in his truck. As soon as he did, investigators believe he was murdered by one or more individuals.

They were in the process of murdering Tillman when Judd said Rollins and Springfield arrived in another vehicle. Detectives believe they were immediately 'shot up.'

'Here's what the murderers didn't count on,' Judd said. 'One of our victims, Brandon Rollins, was able to call his father and say, 'help.''

The sheriff said Rollins' father heard the call, got up, got dressed and drove to the lake. When he arrived, he witnessed what had happened.

Judd said the father was able to have final words with his son, Brandon, before he passed. The information Rollins gave to his father about the suspects remains confidential, the sheriff's office said.

'These folks appear to be beaten and shot,' Judd said. 'Do you hear me' Beaten and shot.'

Judd could not say whether the murders were random, or targeted.

'One or more murderers that killed three people in a little country community,' he continued. 'A very safe, very quiet community. Murdered them while they were on their way to go catfishing last night.'

Judd said there is a $5,000 reward for anyone who has information that leads to the arrest of the murderers in the case.

'I've been to a lot of murder scenes in my life, and this ranks among the worst I've been to,' Judd said.

News Channel 8's Justin Schecker was able to talk to the family and girlfriend of Rollins.

'I was just so upset last night, I just didn't know what to do,' Cyril Rollins said.

He described for 8 On Your Side the final fateful call from his son.

'We heard some background and they fussing all that,' he said. 'But I left, I went on out here. When I got there I was looking for my son. It was a mess. I found my son. I was holding him he was telling me what happened but i was too shocked to know what was going on.'

Rollins' girlfriend Jessica Steenson said at the scene of the murders, Sheriff Judd shook her hand and made a promise.

'That he will not stop until justice is served for them three boys, my boyfriend, and his two best friends,' she said. 'I moved here from Jacksonville, Florida, for him two years ago and this is not how it was supposed to be and I want justice for him. And I will not stop until he gets it.'

Justice is all Rollin's heartbroken mother Dottie Payton wants, too.

'I want it to be served the right way and I'm sure they're out there watching and seeing what's going on and they need to come forward,' she said.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020..._in_Frostproof
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 07-25-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Is it as remote as it appears on satellite? Lake Streety looks to be in the middle of citrus groves?

They could have stumbled onto/or be involved in illegal crops or a drug lab. Maybe the friends were out there to harvest, but the moon was waning so it would have been very dark out there at night.

Haven't explored all of the FB pages yet, but on Damion Tillman's page, there is talk of the viciousness of the crime (the locals must know more than we're seeing in the papers) and also about this being a "hate crime" but no explanation as to why that claim is made.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-81.5710883
    Last edited by KimTisha; 07-19-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Jesus. That?s like scary movie shit

I’m super intrigued about this one...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Is it as remote as it appears on satellite? Lake Streety looks to be in the middle of citrus groves?

They could have stumbled onto/or be involved in illegal crops or a drug lab. Maybe the friends were out there to harvest, but the moon was waning so it would have been very dark out there at night.

Haven't explored all of the FB pages yet, but on Damion Tillman's page, there is talk of the viciousness of the crime (the locals must know more than we're seeing in the papers) and also about this being a "hate crime" but no explanation as to why that claim is made.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-81.5710883
    I like this theory. It had to be either this or someone who knew they would be there that targeted them. To overpower three guys like that. They mentioned they were also beaten, so obviously there was more than one attacker.

I don't get the "Hate Crime" part unless the attackers were Black and they're claiming that they killed them because of racist ties. One of the victims proudly displays the Confederate flag on his profile. Could it be that these guys were known for harassing POC/being involved with White Supremacists in the area and they got their revenge?

I'm not against hunting, but the fact that one of the victims seemed fixated on the fact that he killed a Boar is disturbing to me. It was literally his profile picture for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Damn, hella drama on Damien's FB page...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I've seen photos of the crime scene (not graphic, just location) but it looks like Google street view is outdated so I can't find the exact location on Lake Streety Road, but I've narrowed it down to two small sections and it looks like they were ambushed before they actually made it to the lake. I think maybe they came around a curve in the road and were stopped? Talk about the stuff of nightmares, it had to be black as pitch out there that night. I don't think they 'stumbled' onto anything, I think the murderers were lying in wait.

Last edited by KimTisha; 07-20-2020 at 08:27 AM. Reason: add link
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    If the dad forgot his cell phone, why wouldn't he just have used his son's phone, since we know the son had it since he called the dad?
    I'm going to assume the son's cell phone got lost in the altercation and there was no moon out there that night so it probably would have been difficult to find. Plus, of course, the horror of coming upon that scene would cause anyone to go into shock.

True. I just find it so sad that the son died while he was gone to call 911 from the convenience store.
    It makes me really sad too. I can guarantee for the rest of his life that poor man will be kicking himself in the arse for forgetting that phone. Ugh. I'm not really attached to my phone so I often forget to bring it with me. I'm kind of careless about it because I know my husband has his phone all the time. I would be devastated if I left it behind when I really needed it, like this.

Someone posted in TCS on fb that Damian was dating a married woman....and he was the target. The other 2 were killed because they showed up and could've been witnesses.

Not sure if true, but the plot thickens. Dun dun.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Someone posted in TCS on fb that Damian was dating a married woman....and he was the target. The other 2 were killed because they showed up and could've been witnesses.

Not sure if true, but the plot thickens. Dun dun.
    TCS on FB?

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    TCS on FB?
    Yup.

Edited: were you asking what that was or confirming? I meant True Crime Society group on facebook.

I'm going to guess the love triangle or drugs/debt.

Why did they go to such a secluded spot to fish? Or were they lured there?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

A lot of our lakes are out in the boonies here. I heard they were going to go fishing for catfish, and a lot of people do that at night. Then again, there's the whole drug deal angle.
    Something smells fishy to me and it isnt the catfish.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

3 people arrested. Dude had 230 felonies?!?!

FROSTPROOF, Fla. - Just a couple of days after announcing a $30,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of those involved in killing friends men in Frostproof, the Polk County Sheriff's Office says they found the people responsible.

On Wednesday morning, Sheriff Grady Judd announced three people were arrested in the Friday night murders of Damion Tillman, 23, Keven Springfield, 30, and Brandon Rollins.

The suspects were identified as 26-year-old Tony “TJ” Wiggins, his girlfriend 27-year-old Mary Whittemore, and his brother, 21-year-old Robert Wiggins.

Judd said Wiggins, alone, has 230 felony charges within his arrest history.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/sheri...-triple-murder

The cause of massacre revealed to be a dispute over the previous sale of the suspected shooter’s truck.

https://tampa.cbslocal.com/2020/07/2...nds-fishing-7/

I didn't see that coming concerning the truck. And how in the hell are you out of prison, walking around to kill, when you have 230 felonies???
    Exactly!

Jeezus, over a truck engine. I listened to Sheriff Judd's entire 34 minute press conference, sounds like the little brother talked. Brother and girlfriend have no criminal record (bro has a misdemeanor). Sheriff said the girlfriend is cold and "lawyered up." Said they got a lot of tips about TJ not because people had knowledge of the crime, but because "he's mean as a snake" and his reputation succeeded him.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 07-22-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Charges not convictions though I agree, he shouldn't have been allowed to roam the streets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I guess not every state has the three strikes law though that law should not be used to convict a homeless mother stealing bread to feed her kids.

agreed.

I think this guy was the archetype criminal though that this kind of law was designed for.
    And the justice system failed those poor 3 guys. I hope the entire justice system gets overhauled and not just to win votes.

So rumor is TJ heard one of the guys talking about going fishing with Keven, so that's how he knew where they would be. His target was Keven over the truck/engine of the truck. I think the other 2 were killed when they were trying to get the gun and/or stop TJ.

So rumor is TJ heard one of the guys talking about going fishing with Keven, so that's how he knew where they would be. His target was Keven over the truck/engine of the truck. I think the other 2 were killed when they were trying to get the gun and/or stop TJ.
    No, Sheriff Judd explained it in his presser - they followed Damien to the lake. He stopped at a Dollar Store on his way to the lake and video captured him at the cash register with the 3 suspects behind him in line. They acknowledged each other and appeared to say a few words (no argument or anything, just standing in line pleasantries). The three suspects followed him out of the store seconds later. Ten minutes later, Brandon called his father for help (he was in Keven's truck). When police arrived, Damien's truck and Keven's truck where parked side-by-side faced in opposite directions (like the two drivers were chatting). TJ was accusing Keven of selling the motor out of "his truck." Apparently he sold a truck to Keven? I'm unclear on what that is all about because according to the Sheriff, Keven was telling TJ "I don't know what you're talking about." This is why I think little brother talked though. The sheriff gave an awful lot of detail about what went down, who got out of what truck, who walked from here to there. I don't think Brandon could have told his father all of that back and forth he-said/she-said stuff. Also, sheriff says on the way back to their compound TJ said "we weren't there." Since TJ hasn't confessed, and Mary has "lawyered up," Robert had to be the one providing all the details.

Also, the father WAS with Brandon when he took his last breath according to the sheriff.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 07-22-2020 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    No, Sheriff Judd explained it in his presser - they followed Damien to the lake. He stopped at a Dollar Store on his way to the lake and video captured him at the cash register with the 3 suspects behind him in line. They acknowledged each other and appeared to say a few words (no argument or anything, just standing in line pleasantries). The three suspects followed him out of the store seconds later. Ten minutes later, Brandon called his father for help (he was in Keven's truck). When police arrived, Damien's truck and Keven's truck where parked side-by-side faced in opposite directions (like the two drivers were chatting). TJ was accusing Keven of selling the motor out of "his truck." Apparently he sold a truck to Keven? I'm unclear on what that is all about because according to the Sheriff, Keven was telling TJ "I don't know what you're talking about." This is why I think little brother talked though. The sheriff gave an awful lot of detail about what went down, who got out of what truck, who walked from here to there. I don't think Brandon could have told his father all of that back and forth he-said/she-said stuff. Also, sheriff says on the way back to their compound TJ said "we weren't there." Since TJ hasn't confessed, and Mary has "lawyered up," Robert had to be the one providing all the details.

Also, the father WAS with Brandon when he took his last breath according to the sheriff.
    Okay so Damien didn't mention he was going fishing with Keven, TJ just followed him? I thought he said that in the store and that's how TJ knew Damien was meeting up with Keven (who he had beef with) and that's why he followed him. I saw the video - it seemed like a pleasant convo at first (smiles) and then you see TJ kind of throw up his arms and start cracking his neck - creepy. Damien seemed like he had no interest in talking to him.

I always assumed Brandon called his dad after he was shot, but he actually called him before?

One of the stories above said that he told the clerk they were going fishing, and one of the killers was in the store when it was said and heard him.
    Thanks, that's what I thought.

Thread Information