Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3 close friends (Brandon Rollins, 27), (Keven Springfield, 30), (Damion Tillman, 23) massacred during fishing trip in Frostproof

It was a small town. Just like everyone started pointing a finger at TJ, he knew when Damion said "we" that it would be with his two besties. If I say I'm going yard saling, everyone tells me to tell Cindy hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Okay so Damien didn't mention he was going fishing with Keven, TJ just followed him? I thought he said that in the store and that's how TJ knew Damien was meeting up with Keven (who he had beef with) and that's why he followed him. I saw the video - it seemed like a pleasant convo at first (smiles) and then you see TJ kind of throw up his arms and start cracking his neck - creepy. Damien seemed like he had no interest in talking to him.

I always assumed Brandon called his dad after he was shot, but he actually called him before?
    Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Damien may have mentioned he was going fishing at the cash register or something. I thought you were saying TJ heard about it and went out to the lake to wait for them. He followed Damien from the store. Just goes to show a single moment in your life can change it forever. If he hadn't stopped at the Dollar Store he'd probably be alive today.

And yes, I think Brandon called before the shooting began. Sheriff said TJ approached the passenger side of the truck and asked Brandon where Keven was. Keven was sitting in the driver's seat right next to Brandon, so did TJ actually KNOW Keven? Why didn't he recognize him? Anyway, after he confronted Brandon he pulled out a gun and walked around to the driver's side of the truck and started asking about the motor in his truck. I think that's probably when Brandon called Dad.

Now about this engine..... I know feck all about cars, but I do know several motorheads. I'm wondering if the media has the truck story backwards. In several articles I've read that TJ sold a truck to Keven, but it makes more sense for TJ to be upset about a truck that Keven sold to HIM. Why would he care about an engine in a truck he sold? Damien and Kevin drove big trucks with after market accessories and enhancements. Maybe the truck had a more powerful engine and Keven swapped it out before he sold the truck to TJ? Also, TJ had a horrible reputation - half the town called the hotline to accuse him of the murders! - would Keven enter into a sales agreement with someone like him? I know I wouldn't. TJ lived off the grid in a trailer/house with no water or electricity. Doesn't sound like he would own the kind of truck Keven would be interested in.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Damien may have mentioned he was going fishing at the cash register or something. I thought you were saying TJ heard about it and went out to the lake to wait for them. He followed Damien from the store. Just goes to show a single moment in your life can change it forever. If he hadn't stopped at the Dollar Store he'd probably be alive today.

And yes, I think Brandon called before the shooting began. Sheriff said TJ approached the passenger side of the truck and asked Brandon where Keven was. Keven was sitting in the driver's seat right next to Brandon, so did TJ actually KNOW Keven? Why didn't he recognize him? Anyway, after he confronted Brandon he pulled out a gun and walked around to the driver's side of the truck and started asking about the motor in his truck. I think that's probably when Brandon called Dad.

Now about this engine..... I know feck all about cars, but I do know several motorheads. I'm wondering if the media has the truck story backwards. In several articles I've read that TJ sold a truck to Keven, but it makes more sense for TJ to be upset about a truck that Keven sold to HIM. Why would he care about an engine in a truck he sold? Damien and Kevin drove big trucks with after market accessories and enhancements. Maybe the truck had a more powerful engine and Keven swapped it out before he sold the truck to TJ? Also, TJ had a horrible reputation - half the town called the hotline to accuse him of the murders! - would Keven enter into a sales agreement with someone like him? I know I wouldn't. TJ lived off the grid in a trailer/house with no water or electricity. Doesn't sound like he would own the kind of truck Keven would be interested in.
    No worries, my post was a little vague and I didn't type everything I was thinking...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Jeez, I'm not glad the guys were murdered, of course, but Brandon has some photos from July & August 2014 where he's clearly letting his dogs tear into a boar to train them to hunt them. It's awful and sadistic IMO. if you're going to hunt, just shoot humanely and be done.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm confused over the label of it being a "Hate Crime" then. Perhaps Redneck Racist cops automatically assumed it was Black people that did it. No surprise there.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

LITERAL white trash.

Are we really THAT surprised?

Also.....

Florida Woman Arrested for Stealing $12K From Fishing Buddies Massacre GoFundMe

https://toofab.com/2020/09/28/florid...acre-gofundme/

The families couldn't afford to bury the three friends.

A Florida woman has been accused of stealing $12k from a GoFundMe set up for the families of the victims of a triple homicide.

Amanda Brown, 32, is facing fraud and grand theft charges, as well as misusing the identities of deceased persons, after police say she pilfered money from a fund set up after the Frostproof fishing trip massacre.

In July, childhood pals Brandon Rollins, Keven Springfield and Damion Tillman were murdered while on a night-time fishing trip, allegedly over a missing truck engine.

More than 200 people donated to the "Polk County Triple Homicide, Family Expenses" on GoFundMe; but on Saturday investigators claimed that the organizer — "Amy Lynn" — was spending all the money on herself.

The scam was flagged when a mother of one of the murder victims received a link to the GoFundMe via Facebook Messenger; she contacted the other grieving families and confirmed that none of them had authorized the fund, were receiving any of the money or even knew the organizer.

Polk County Sheriff subpoenaed the information from GoFundMe, and discovered Brown had raised $11,915.00 — straight into her own account.

"We have her all over the county spending money. She's at a Walmart, she's at various ATM machines. She even went and paid a $1,300 water bill in Frostproof," Chief Steve Lester told WFLA.

When she was arrested, she told police she intended to give the funds to the families listed on the account, her affidavit reads; however, once she began receiving the funds, she allegedly began spending it for personal use.

She was charged with five counts criminal use of personal ID, one count grand theft, one count misrepresentation of proceeds, and one count fraud.

"She used my name, used my son's picture to gather money that these people thought they were giving to my family," Brandon Rollins' mother Dottie Payton told the site.

"I have no use for her. She can rot... She got caught and now she's going to have to pay for what she did."

"I think it's sick," she added. "I sure hope she had fun spending the money from deceased boys and taking from the families."

After the three friends were murdered, Sheriff Grady Judd told a press conference that "the folks who lost their loved ones that night are poor people."

He said at the time his office turned down lots of offers for reward money to catch the perpetrators, and instead asked the community to help with funeral expenses.

"Because there's nothing worse than having to bury your child, unless it's... having to bury your child and you don't have any money," he said.

Indeed Polk County Sheriff's Office itself spearheaded a fundraiser to pay for the three funerals, splitting the money evenly between the three families.

"This woman exploited family members of three young men who were brutally murdered," Sheriff Judd said after Saturday's arrest. "While they were grieving, she used their personal information to solicit complete strangers to donate money to a fake GoFundMe account. It doesn't get much lower than that."

He said GoFundMe had refunded all the money to the "generous donors who were swindled."

Tony "TJ" Wiggins stands accused of the triple murder, while his girlfriend Mary Whittemore, and his younger brother William "Robert" Wiggins are accused of helping him.

This is why people shouldn't donate to GFM unless it's being shared by actual family members. Anyone can literally just start one. Maybe GFM should have an extra step where the organizer needs to be approved by the actual person who is benefiting from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This is why people shouldn't donate to GFM unless it's being shared by actual family members. Anyone can literally just start one. Maybe GFM should have an extra step where the organizer needs to be approved by the actual person who is benefiting from it.
    I'm not sure exactly how GFM works, but that sounds like an excellent idea.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information