Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 close friends (Brandon Rollins, 27), (Keven Springfield, 30), (Damion Tillman, 23) massacred during fishing trip in Frostproof

3 close friends (Brandon Rollins, 27), (Keven Springfield, 30), (Damion Tillman, 23) massacred during fishing trip in Frostproof

https://www.facebook.com/damion.tillman.77

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.rollins.96

https://www.facebook.com/keven.springfield.7

https://www.wfla.com/news/polk-count...JWs0LzRZAZJutU

POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) 'Three young men were 'massacred' during a fishing trip in Frostproof Friday night in what Sheriff Grady Judd called one of the worst murder scenes he's ever witnessed.

Judd said Frostproof residents Brandon Rollins, 27, Keven Springfield, 30, and Damion Tillman, 23, were to meet at Lake Streety off US Hwy 27 Friday evening for some 'night fishing.'

'It's about as far out in the middle of the woods as you can get,' Judd said. 'It's a peaceful area. There's a beautiful lake where three very close friends were going fishing last night.'

Judd said Damion arrived first to the lake in his truck. As soon as he did, investigators believe he was murdered by one or more individuals.

They were in the process of murdering Tillman when Judd said Rollins and Springfield arrived in another vehicle. Detectives believe they were immediately 'shot up.'

'Here's what the murderers didn't count on,' Judd said. 'One of our victims, Brandon Rollins, was able to call his father and say, 'help.''

The sheriff said Rollins' father heard the call, got up, got dressed and drove to the lake. When he arrived, he witnessed what had happened.

Judd said the father was able to have final words with his son, Brandon, before he passed. The information Rollins gave to his father about the suspects remains confidential, the sheriff's office said.

'These folks appear to be beaten and shot,' Judd said. 'Do you hear me' Beaten and shot.'

Judd could not say whether the murders were random, or targeted.

'One or more murderers that killed three people in a little country community,' he continued. 'A very safe, very quiet community. Murdered them while they were on their way to go catfishing last night.'

Judd said there is a $5,000 reward for anyone who has information that leads to the arrest of the murderers in the case.

'I've been to a lot of murder scenes in my life, and this ranks among the worst I've been to,' Judd said.

News Channel 8's Justin Schecker was able to talk to the family and girlfriend of Rollins.

'I was just so upset last night, I just didn't know what to do,' Cyril Rollins said.

He described for 8 On Your Side the final fateful call from his son.

'We heard some background and they fussing all that,' he said. 'But I left, I went on out here. When I got there I was looking for my son. It was a mess. I found my son. I was holding him he was telling me what happened but i was too shocked to know what was going on.'

Rollins' girlfriend Jessica Steenson said at the scene of the murders, Sheriff Judd shook her hand and made a promise.

'That he will not stop until justice is served for them three boys, my boyfriend, and his two best friends,' she said. 'I moved here from Jacksonville, Florida, for him two years ago and this is not how it was supposed to be and I want justice for him. And I will not stop until he gets it.'

Justice is all Rollin's heartbroken mother Dottie Payton wants, too.

'I want it to be served the right way and I'm sure they're out there watching and seeing what's going on and they need to come forward,' she said.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020..._in_Frostproof
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 07-25-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    This is not too far from me. I am very curious about the motive on this one.

Is it as remote as it appears on satellite? Lake Streety looks to be in the middle of citrus groves?

They could have stumbled onto/or be involved in illegal crops or a drug lab. Maybe the friends were out there to harvest, but the moon was waning so it would have been very dark out there at night.

Haven't explored all of the FB pages yet, but on Damion Tillman's page, there is talk of the viciousness of the crime (the locals must know more than we're seeing in the papers) and also about this being a "hate crime" but no explanation as to why that claim is made.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-81.5710883
    Last edited by KimTisha; 07-19-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Is it as remote as it appears on satellite? Lake Streety looks to be in the middle of citrus groves?

They could have stumbled onto/or be involved in illegal crops or a drug lab. Maybe the friends were out there to harvest, but the moon was waning so it would have been very dark out there at night.

Haven't explored all of the FB pages yet, but on Damion Tillman's page, there is talk of the viciousness of the crime (the locals must know more than we're seeing in the papers) and also about this being a "hate crime" but no explanation as to why that claim is made.

I don't know this lake, but the lake we jetski on is remote and out in the middle of nowhere like this. We don't even really get cell phone signal out there. I have always been a little bit worried about if someone had an accident what we would do-it is far away from EVERYTHING. There have been a couple of times that unsavory characters have come out to the lake and made us all nervous to the point where we just leave on the jetskis and go out away from the parking area (although then I worry about my vehicle, but our lives are worth more than the vehicles, and I have insurance).

I could see this being a case where the 3 stumbled on something they shouldn't have done, or a case of where someone wanted to take their boat or rob them, or just fuck with them, and it went really extreme.

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida...shing/33356889

Rollins called his father around 10:06 p.m. Friday and asked for help. His father rushed to where he knew he was fishing with his friends.

"When he arrived he found his son Brandon barely alive, and his two friends deceased," the sheriff's office said in a news release. "Brandon was able to say a few things to his dad, which we are not releasing at this time."

In a state of panic, Rollins' father forgot to bring his cell phone, so he went to a nearby convenience store to call 911. By the time his father returned, Rollins also died.

Jesus. That?s like scary movie shit

I’m super intrigued about this one...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-81.5710883
    I like this theory. It had to be either this or someone who knew they would be there that targeted them. To overpower three guys like that. They mentioned they were also beaten, so obviously there was more than one attacker.

I don't get the "Hate Crime" part unless the attackers were Black and they're claiming that they killed them because of racist ties. One of the victims proudly displays the Confederate flag on his profile. Could it be that these guys were known for harassing POC/being involved with White Supremacists in the area and they got their revenge?

I'm not against hunting, but the fact that one of the victims seemed fixated on the fact that he killed a Boar is disturbing to me. It was literally his profile picture for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Damn, hella drama on Damien's FB page...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

If the dad forgot his cell phone, why wouldn't he just have used his son's phone, since we know the son had it since he called the dad?

I've seen photos of the crime scene (not graphic, just location) but it looks like Google street view is outdated so I can't find the exact location on Lake Streety Road, but I've narrowed it down to two small sections and it looks like they were ambushed before they actually made it to the lake. I think maybe they came around a curve in the road and were stopped? Talk about the stuff of nightmares, it had to be black as pitch out there that night. I don't think they 'stumbled' onto anything, I think the murderers were lying in wait.

Last edited by KimTisha; 07-20-2020 at 08:27 AM. Reason: add link
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    If the dad forgot his cell phone, why wouldn't he just have used his son's phone, since we know the son had it since he called the dad?
    I'm going to assume the son's cell phone got lost in the altercation and there was no moon out there that night so it probably would have been difficult to find. Plus, of course, the horror of coming upon that scene would cause anyone to go into shock.

I'm going to assume the son's cell phone got lost in the altercation and there was no moon out there that night so it probably would have been difficult to find. Plus, of course, the horror of coming upon that scene would cause anyone to go into shock.
    True. I just find it so sad that the son died while he was gone to call 911 from the convenience store.

True. I just find it so sad that the son died while he was gone to call 911 from the convenience store.
    It makes me really sad too. I can guarantee for the rest of his life that poor man will be kicking himself in the arse for forgetting that phone. Ugh. I'm not really attached to my phone so I often forget to bring it with me. I'm kind of careless about it because I know my husband has his phone all the time. I would be devastated if I left it behind when I really needed it, like this.

Someone posted in TCS on fb that Damian was dating a married woman....and he was the target. The other 2 were killed because they showed up and could've been witnesses.

Not sure if true, but the plot thickens. Dun dun.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Someone posted in TCS on fb that Damian was dating a married woman....and he was the target. The other 2 were killed because they showed up and could've been witnesses.

Not sure if true, but the plot thickens. Dun dun.
    TCS on FB?

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    TCS on FB?
    Yup.

Edited: were you asking what that was or confirming? I meant True Crime Society group on facebook.

They were talking about this earlier on the radio when I was driving, and the DJ was saying that he used to work in the area loading trucks, and he was talking about how extremely isolated this area is. He also brought up my thoughts about dad and the cell phone, and he said that the Sheriff's Dept said they had a hard time finding the cell phone, so dad would probably have never found it in the dark. They were echoing our thoughts about how sad it was the son died while he was gone, and how the dad is going to feel guilty about forgetting it for the rest of his life.

They also brought up another thought I had concerning why the dad didn't try to take the son with him to get help. He must have been in REALLY bad shape for the dad to think it was better for him to leave him there vs trying to get him in the pickup/car and take him to get help.

I'm going to guess the love triangle or drugs/debt.

Why did they go to such a secluded spot to fish? Or were they lured there?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Why did they go to such a secluded spot to fish? Or were they lured there?
    A lot of our lakes are out in the boonies here. I heard they were going to go fishing for catfish, and a lot of people do that at night. Then again, there's the whole drug deal angle.

A lot of our lakes are out in the boonies here. I heard they were going to go fishing for catfish, and a lot of people do that at night. Then again, there's the whole drug deal angle.
    Something smells fishy to me and it isnt the catfish.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

3 people arrested. Dude had 230 felonies?!?!

FROSTPROOF, Fla. - Just a couple of days after announcing a $30,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of those involved in killing friends men in Frostproof, the Polk County Sheriff's Office says they found the people responsible.

On Wednesday morning, Sheriff Grady Judd announced three people were arrested in the Friday night murders of Damion Tillman, 23, Keven Springfield, 30, and Brandon Rollins.

The suspects were identified as 26-year-old Tony “TJ” Wiggins, his girlfriend 27-year-old Mary Whittemore, and his brother, 21-year-old Robert Wiggins.

Judd said Wiggins, alone, has 230 felony charges within his arrest history.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/sheri...-triple-murder

The cause of massacre revealed to be a dispute over the previous sale of the suspected shooter’s truck.

https://tampa.cbslocal.com/2020/07/2...nds-fishing-7/

I didn't see that coming concerning the truck. And how in the hell are you out of prison, walking around to kill, when you have 230 felonies???

I didn't see that coming concerning the truck. And how in the hell are you out of prison, walking around to kill, when you have 230 felonies???
    Exactly!

Thread Information