Thread: Police: Woman's Body Found Wrapped In Plastic Wrap Inside Large Plastic Container In South Philadelphia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Police: Woman's Body Found Wrapped In Plastic Wrap Inside Large Plastic Container In South Philadelphia

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...-philadelphia/

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) ? Police are investigating after a woman was found wrapped in plastic wrap inside a large plastic gray container in South Philadelphia. Officials say the woman?s body was found on the 3000 block of Wharton Street just before 10 a.m. Wednesday.

Investigators called the discovery of the woman?s body disturbing. Neighbors say they smelled something foul coming from the plastic bin, which prompted them to call police.

?A dead body smells bad. It?s a really bad smell,? a neighbor said.

?One of the officers vomited, that?s how bad the smell was,? another neighbor said.

Officers swarmed 31st and Wharton Streets in Grays Ferry around 10 a.m. on Wednesday to find a gray plastic container, where a woman?s body was found stuffed inside and tightly wrapped in cellophane.

Some neighbors first noticed the bin sitting on the sidewalk by some trash on Tuesday.

?Trash day was yesterday and they moved it today,? a neighbor said. ?So we wouldn?t have even known if the trash man came.?

Neighbors say the bin also had cellophane wrapped around it.

?I kept looking at it,? neighbor Stardetta Taylor said. ?It looked real strange and I?m like, why is that container wrapped up like that?'?

?It smelled like feces so I thought it was trash,? neighbor Sonja Sanders. ?I didn?t think nothing of it.?

As officers combed the area for clues, neighbors watched and wondered if they knew the now-deceased woman.

?That?s somebody?s family member. I don?t know whose it is,? Sanders said. ?I could know that person. It?s very scary. Somebody put that body there, so I?m very scared, very nervous about what?s going on.?

So far, no arrests have been made.
    Damn this sounds like some Dexter or John Bunting levels of Murder here.

Police Looking To Identify Woman Whose Remains Were Found In Plastic Container In South Philadelphia

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...-philadelphia/

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Philadelphia police need help identifying a woman whose decomposing body was found last month inside a plastic container in the city’s Grays Ferry neighborhood. The woman’s body was found on the 3000 block of Wharton Street on July 15.

Police say the body was wrapped in plastic wrap inside a large plastic gray container.

The woman was between 5’5 to 5’7 feet tall and had straight dark-colored hair.

She was wearing a Forever 21 army green tank top and multi-colored leggings, both in size L-XL. She was also wearing an ace bandage on her right forearm and had a tattoo on her left upper back of a rose with the possible words “R.I.P. Jassy 5-11-08.”

If you have any information that can help police, call Philadelphia police at 215-686-1232.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    If that image is truly her, she appears to have scoliosis as one shoulder is much lower than the other.
    I don't think that's her. She was in that tub in the hot sun for a couple of days and they said she was decomposing - they can't even determine her race. The body shown here looks too 'fresh' (for lack of a better word). Hopefully the tattoo artist will recognize his work. He should at least turn himself in for abuse of a pre-corpse - that tat is hideous. Sorry, it had to be said.

Now that they've released the photos, I'm sure she'll be identified soon.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

https://www.phillyvoice.com/kensingt...-philadelphia/

Aaron Mosher is detained for a similar killing in Philadelphia but im not sure for now if he is connected to this one in Plastic wrapper

Philadelphia police have charged a Burlington County man in connection with the death of a young mother whose body was found last month in a suitcase in Kensington.

Aaron Mosher, of Brown Mills, faces charges of criminal conspiracy, tampering with evidence, abuse of a corpse and obstruction of justice, police said.

Aaron MosherSOURCE/PHILADELPHIA POLICE
    The body of 25-year-old Christina Gribbin, of Chester County, was found on June 11 at the intersection Kensington and Allegheny avenues. Her remains were in a suitcase on a sidewalk beneath SEPTA's elevated Market Frankford line.

Police have not revealed the circumstances around Gribbin's death or identified any additional suspects who may face charges.

An obituary for Gribbin, published by The Labs funeral home, says she was born in West Chester and was a graduate of Twin Valley High School. She studied LPN nursing and had hobbies including creative writing, poetry and horseback riding. She was a mother of two boys.

A memorial service for Gribbin was held on July 10 at The Labs funeral home in Honey Brook.

Christina means a great deal to many," said a GoFundMe campaign in her memory. "Anyone that knows her and loves her is deeply saddened by the loss of her young, beautiful life. She was a loving mother, daughter, sister, and granddaughter who will be missed by many."

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPe...76/details?nav

Case Numbers
    NCMEC Number
    --
    ME/C Case Number
    20-4002
    Demographics
    Sex
    Female
    Race / Ethnicity
    White / Caucasian
    Possible First Name
    --
    Possible Middle Name
    --
    Possible Last Name
    --
    Nickname/Alias
    --
    Estimated Age Group
    Adult
    Estimated Age Range (Years)
    --
    Estimated Year of Death
    --
    Estimated PMI
    --
    Height
    5' 5"(65 inches) , Estimated
    Weight
    94 lbs, Estimated
    Circumstances
    Type
    Unidentified Deceased
    Date Body Found
    July 15, 2020
    NamUs Case Created
    September 8, 2020
    ME/C QA Reviewed
    --
    Location Found Map
    County
    Philadelphia County
    GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)
    --
    Found On Tribal Land
    No
    Circumstances of Recovery
    Decedent was found badly decomposed in a sealed tupperware bin that had been left on the corner of 30th and Wharton Sts in South Philadelphia.
    Details of Recovery
    Inventory of Remains
    --
    Condition of Remains
    Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
    Physical Description
    Hair Color
    Unknown
    Head Hair Description
    --
    Body Hair Description
    --
    Facial Hair Description
    --
    Left Eye Color
    Unknown
    Right Eye Color
    Unknown
    Eye Description
    --

https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons...89/details?nav

Case Information
    Demographics
    Missing Age
    17 Years
    Current Age
    17 Years
    First Name
    Aniasha
    Middle Name
    S
    Last Name
    Norman
    Nickname/Alias
    --
    Sex
    Female
    Height
    5' 7" (67 Inches)
    Weight
    160 lbs
    Race / Ethnicity
    Black / African American
    Circumstances
    Date of Last Contact
    July 10, 2020
    NamUs Case Created
    August 18, 2020
    Last Known Location Map
    County
    Camden County
    Missing From Tribal Land
    No
    Primary Residence on Tribal Land
    No
    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Last seen 07/10/2020
    Physical Description
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Head Hair Description
    --
    Body Hair Description
    --
    Facial Hair Description
    --
    Left Eye Color
    Brown
    Right Eye Color
    Brown
    Eye Description
    --
    Distinctive Physical Features
    No Information Entered
    Clothing and Accessories
    No Information Entered
    Additional Case Info
    Transportation

Aaron Mosher, of Brown Mills, faces charges of criminal conspiracy, tampering with evidence, abuse of a corpse and obstruction of justice, police said.
    I used to buy drugs from a couple named Mosher from Browns Mills. Probably related, it's a small town.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information