Thread: When posting an article hits home..

When posting an article hits home..

So recently this big accident happened on I95 here in VA. Four out of the 5 18-20 year old girls in the car died. I've submitted the story, a small personal vignette and a link to a couple of myspace pages.

However, it's hard because the driver of the car was starting to become good friends with one of my lifelong best friends. This girl, who I've known for 20 years now, is very close to me... and it pains me to know that she lost someone she was getting close to. They both took French classes at a local university and one of my other friends was friends with the driver of the car... so that's 2 close friends of mine who have been affected. It's so eerie to know that just last week they were hanging out with this girl... and it's heartbreaking, too.

Has anyone else been affected by something like this and posted the article links on MDS?

Re: When posting an article hits home..

One of my boyfriends friends killed himself, I got that posted recently. (I didn't know they were friends until a while later, he grew up with him :|)
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

I have been a follower of this site for over a year now, but never saw anyone that I knew on here.&nbsp; I think that made it a little easier to deal with; it was fun when it didn't affect me personally.&nbsp; Then, someone I knew died.&nbsp; She took too many drugs and went to sleep in my boyfriend's bed, never to wake up.&nbsp; He found her the next afternoon.&nbsp; As a fan of this site, I considered submitting her page, but it was a raw wound.&nbsp; Every time I looked at her Myspace, my stomach clenched up and I couldn't bring myself to do it.&nbsp; The next time I looked at this site, her page had already been submitted.&nbsp; The description of her death was fairly accurate, but there was so much more that I wanted to write in.&nbsp; Obviously the person who'd submitted it didn't really know what had happened, or what had been going on in her life.&nbsp; But I still haven't been able to add anything to the entry, and it took about three months before I could start looking at Mydeathspace.com again.&nbsp; I think you get a really different perspective when someone you know is on there.

Nope.&nbsp; But I look forward to reading this story.

I submitted Cpl Kelly Groethe who was killed in Iraq. Good friend of a good friend of mine.

I also submitted Kevin Durkin, who died when a drunk driver hit his car. He was my friend's older brother. I don't know if that one got accepted yet. Aaron Bender died with him, and he was my friend, as well as my very good friend's cousin.

2 good friends of mine passed from cancer, both 18. Matt fought it almost all his life. I knew him since we were 6. He had already fought it once when I met him. Nick was my boyfriend's little brother. A year younger than me. Found out when he was 16. Both strong, amazing people and I miss them like crazy, but they died before they ever got into Myspace. I would have submitted them though.

All the people I submitted or would have submitted were really good people, so I wasn't worried about people bashing them or anything. I just wanted to submit them, so people would know that they lived. I contacted Kelly's best friend and Kevin's brother before I did so. I didn't tell them about the forum, as I submitted before I even knew about the forum.

Now, if someone I knew died and they were kinda shitty people, or had stuff on their myspace that I thought people might hone in on and make fun of? Not sure I'd submit. I wouldn't want ppl bashing them, lol. Hypocrite? Me?? Mayyybe.

Nobody I've known has offed themselves...or been offed yet. In fact, I've only witnessed one death in my life...and that was some guy getting hit by a train.

it didn't hit him head on...just kinda sideswiped him, tossed him up in the air (higher than the train) and he came down on the other set of tracks...

I walked up close enough to make sure I wasn't seeing things, and decided that was enough excitement for one night, and headed back home. lol
    something new will be here shortly

[quote author=Digital_Utopia link=topic=8155.msg488940#msg488940 date=1186541443]
    Nobody I've known has offed themselves...or been offed yet. In fact, I've only witnessed one death in my life...and that was some guy getting hit by a train.

it didn't hit him head on...just kinda sideswiped him, tossed him up in the air (higher than the train) and he came down on the other set of tracks...

I walked up close enough to make sure I wasn't seeing things, and decided that was enough excitement for one night, and headed back home. lol
    [/quote]

Did you poke him with a stick?
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

nah...didn't get that close....besides I didn't feel like getting stopped and asked questions lol
    something new will be here shortly

My best friend was shot and killed in June. I submitted her death.

The both of us used to constantly lurk this site and discuss the deaths. It's weird how she used to come on here all the time to read the articles and now, she's actually one of them.

Yeah, I remember your friend. It was so senseless, what happened to her&nbsp;

The only person I ever actually knew that I submitted, her sister requested that it be pulled and it was, within like 24 hours of it being posted.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=8155.msg500122#msg500122 date=1187209290]
    Yeah, I remember your friend. It was so senseless, what happened to her&nbsp;

The only person I ever actually knew that I submitted, her sister requested that it be pulled and it was, within like 24 hours of it being posted.
    [/quote]
    Ooooooh, who? what? when?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=ceesilly link=topic=8155.msg498781#msg498781 date=1187124146]
    My best friend was shot and killed in June. I submitted her death.

The both of us used to constantly lurk this site and discuss the deaths. It's weird how she used to come on here all the time to read the articles and now, she's actually one of them.
    [/quote]

I'm sorry for your loss. If you feel comfortable can you pm me her myspace. I would like to see it. I am not sure what article this was.

Thread Information