Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anita Knutson (18) was murdered in her apartment by an unknown intruder

Anita Knutson (18) was murdered in her apartment by an unknown intruder

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007..._her_residence

Another youngin' murdered :|  And I guess the police are completely lost on this one.  Should be interesting to follow.

RIP Anita.

Re: Anita Knutson (18) was murdered in her apartment by an unknown intruder

She already has two memorial Myspace pages and was quite stunning. 

I wonder how long it will take Polidor to post on this beauty's demise. 

RIP Anita

How awful.

I wonder if she knew the killer? This looks like it might be an interesting case.

RIP Anita.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

I'm always particularly disturbed when people are killed in their own home. Your home is supposed to be where you take refuge from the world.

She was an exceptionally beautiful girl.

So sad that her dad had to find her. 
    [quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=11868.msg845550#msg845550 date=1210298679]<br />Only difference is bbc is awesome.<br />[/quote]<br />

I hate private profiles......rip Anita.....

Hopefully the police will be able to come up with some evidence to catch a lead. It's pretty scary to think, you can be killed in your own home so quietly that it takes days to find you deceased.

Rip Anita.
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=vaga link=topic=8154.msg417800#msg417800 date=1182116895]
    Hopefully the police will be able to come up with some evidence to catch a lead. It's pretty scary to think, you can be killed in your own home so quietly that it takes days to find you deceased.

Rip Anita.
    [/quote]
    Yea, I'm sure this case will be solved quickly. The resources of the Minot, North Dakota police department are nothing to laugh at! :roll:
    :lol:

Poor girl. They're never gonna find this guy unless it was an ex.

RIP Ms. Knutson&nbsp; (your private profile still sucks)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=8154.msg417857#msg417857 date=1182120553]
    Yea, I'm sure this case will be solved quickly. The resources of the Minot, North Dakota police department are nothing to laugh at! :roll:
    :lol:

Poor girl. They're never gonna find this guy unless it was an ex.

RIP Ms. Kuntson&nbsp; (your private profile still sucks)
    [/quote]

RON!!!&nbsp; Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad typo!!!! :lol:

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=8154.msg417859#msg417859 date=1182120616]
    RON!!!&nbsp; Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad typo!!!! :lol:
    [/quote]

Freudian slip. I really hate private pages...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

dang... I live in Minot and had no idea this happened.&nbsp; Guess I should watch the news more often.&nbsp;

This article says she was stabbed twice in the chest and they have a weapon, but that's all they're saying for now.&nbsp; Hope they find who did it.

http://www.minotdailynews.com/news/articles.asp?articleID=11848

RIP Anita :(

RIP Anita.

I feel bad for her Dad&nbsp; :2sad:

this happened right up the hill from us....

it's a bit unsettling.

r.i.p. anita.

the color nine

Here is a blog with messages from her brother and some further information.&nbsp;
    http://celticgypsy.blogspot.com/2007/06/anita-knutson-my-friends-sister.html

This is old but they still haven't found her murderer

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:fMQeTxD_0PUJ:www.kxmb.com/t/velva-nd/245330.asp+%22Anita+Knutson%22&amp;hl=en&amp;ct=cl nk&amp;cd=10&amp;gl=us&amp;client=safari

Anita Knutson: The Investigation

Jun 5 2008 12:07AM

Her brutal murder sent shockwaves through the region and still today Anita Knutson's killer has not been found.

A year ago today, the 18-year-old Minot State student, originally from Velva, was discovered stabbed to death in her apartment.

She was, by all accounts, a young woman with a bright future ahead of her.

A year of anguish has been experienced by the family...and by investigators desperately trying to put the right person behind bars.

Where does the investigation stand today that answer might surprise you.

Perry Olson explains...

(Perry Olson - KX News) Plenty of police work has gone on in the past 365 days since Anita Knutson's murder was discovered. Yet that work has gone unrewarded thus far without an arrest and conviction in the case. The Minot Police Department, FBI, Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Ward County Sheriff's Department remain on the case...hoping new information might open the right door.

(Bob Barnard - Minot Police Department) &quot;Alot of ground has been coverd since last year. We have taken lots of evidence to the state crime lab in Bismarck.&quot; (Perry Olson) That new information might come from that lab where believe it or not some evidence in this case has still not been examined.

(Bob Barnard) &quot;The lab work has taken a long time. You have to realize that last year was a bad year for Minot and the state with lots of homicides and especially with homicides more than any other crime that creates lots of work. Yes, if we could choose we would have that go a little bit faster.&quot;

(Perry Olson) The news Barnard would like to hear from the Bismarck lab is the discovery of DNA that might point them in the direction of the killer. If something is found, it could be checked with a national database of DNA profiles...But while science may hold the key it could come from someone in the community.

(Bob Barnard) &quot;There may be some people out there that have information that don't realize they have seen something of some importance and hopefully the reward will get them to think about it again and that might be the key we need to solve the crime.&quot;

(Perry Olson) A 15 thousand dollar reward has been offered by the BCI and Knutson family. Barnard says it is frustrating having this case go unsolved frustrating, and thankfully rare...

(Bob Barnard) &quot;In my career all the homicides we've had have been solved rapidly except for this one. That is thanks to the community. It is unfortunate that this one has taken this long but we still work as hard as we can hoping that that information comes to us any day.&quot;

(Perry Olson) In hopes that a year from now this story will have come to an end. In Minot, Perry Olson, KX News. |

Many many rumors and theories are still flying about.&nbsp; Unfortunately for her family, her murderer has yet to be brought to justice.&nbsp;

Just a slice of the rumors are:

It was either a roommate or female friend that had a crush on her and Anita spurned her advances.

Major road work was just finishing up near her apartment that weekend and a large work force left the area.

She had a stalker.

She rejected a man she met at a bar.

A previous boyfriend she had dated was still jealous.

From all accounts she was a very hard working young lady just trying to put herself through college.&nbsp; She apparently was very well liked and as you have seen very beautiful.&nbsp; It didn't sound like she had many enemies.

RIP Anita.&nbsp; Tragic that a year later, they are no closer to finding your killer. :2sad:

She wasn't old enough to go to the bar.

The biggest rumor going around is this: The handyman at the apartment complex was dating the landlord. Meaning he has access to every apartment in that complex. The police never said if there was a window broken or a door kicked down, or how anyone broke in. Even stranger is the fact that said man killed himself a few months after all this had happen.

That makes me suspicious and I'm not the only one that thinks that. The Minot police STILL haven't solved this. They bust tons of people for DUIs and drugs but they can't solve one murder? It's a shame. She was so beautiful, she deserves justice.

Back then, the bar on Main (it's a strip club now) was open after hours for 18 and up.&nbsp; So that might still be a possibility. I had no idea about the handyman thing. It sounds very plausible.

I feel so bad for her family. I hope they find answers someday.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nichol...n-north-dakota

Belligerently Drunk’ Ex-Roommate Admitted to Murdering College Student, Cops Say

The savage pocket-knife murder shook North Dakota—and terrorized a family. But the arrestee is no stranger.

For nearly 15 years, Anita Knutson’s family anxiously waited for North Dakota authorities to identify a suspect in the brutal murder of the 18-year-old Minot State University student inside her off-campus apartment.

That day finally arrived this week with the arrest of 34-year-old Nichole Rice, who was Knutson’s roommate and had previously told police she was out of town at her parents’ house at the time of the June 2007 murder. In a probable-cause affidavit obtained by The Daily Beast, however, investigators say Rice actually admitted to killing Knutson; the admission was said to come after Rice got “belligerently drunk” at a party in 2008 or 2009.

“Anita had a reputation for being kind, friendly, and likable. Nichole’s reputation is that she was hot-tempered and reactionary,” the probable-cause affidavit states. It also notes that prior to Knutson’s murder, one friend heard Nichole say to Anita: “One way or another, I’m going to get you out of this house.”

Rice, who was arrested at the Minot Air Force Base, where she works as a civilian, is facing a murder charge and being held at the Ward County Jail. Rice's attorney did not immediately respond for comment ahead of her initial court appearance on Thursday afternoon.

“Although most of the detectives who worked the original scene and investigation have retired, we have not forgotten about this case,” Minot Police Chief John Klug said in a press conference announcing the charges on Wednesday. “It was good to know that finally, the one case that we’ve had hanging out there that we just could not get to a solution was finally over.”

The arrest comes two months after Knutson’s sister spoke with The Daily Beast about the unsolved cold case that rocked rural North Dakota. While Rice had not been publicly named as a suspect at the time, Anna Knutson told The Daily Beast rumors swirled around her sister’s roommate shortly after the murder. The probable cause affidavit also notes that police were aware after Knutson’s murder that “there was a lot of tension between Anita and Nichole.”

“There was a conversation about Anita’s roommate about them just not getting along. Even now, there are a lot of questions about what their relationship was like,” Anna Knutson told The Daily Beast in January. “I do think it’s very weird. I did go to high school with the roommate too, I know her family. It’s just hard to imagine.”

Anna Knutson declined to comment on Rice’s arrest on Thursday, telling The Daily Beast that she was “not ready to talk with anyone.”

While it took over a decade for investigators to accuse Rice of Knutson's murder, Chief Klug told The Daily Beast in January that the roommate had never been ruled out as a suspect.

“I think the turning point, in this case, was really just trying to pull all that information together and put it in an order that made sense,” he told reporters Wednesday.

Police say Knutson was found fatally stabbed, face-down on her own bed, by her father and two maintenance workers at around 5:12 p.m. on June 4, 2007. A robe covered her bloodied body, and the pocket knife that police believed was used to murder her was close by.

“The single window in Anita’s room, which was located just past the foot of her bed, was wide open and missing a screen. A pocket knife with dried blood on it was found on the bed, close to the wall and open window,” the affidavit states.

Her father, Former Butte Mayor Gordon Knutson, had gone to her apartment—about an hour from their tiny North Dakota down—after the teenager did not respond to her family’s calls all weekend while they were in Bismarck for her brother’s baseball tournament. Klug previously told The Daily Beast that the last time anyone heard from Anita was that Saturday.

The affidavit noted that Rice was among the four people who had keys to the apartment—and was not home when Knutson’s body was discovered.

Crime-scene analysis later concluded that Knutson had been dead for more than a day before her father burst into her locked apartment with the help of the two workers. While there was no evidence of sexual abuse or defense wounds, Klug noted that Anita was found wearing a robe. The affidavit says that Knutson’s purse and electronics were all left in her room, “suggesting theft was not a motive.”

Just 15 at the time, Anna previously told The Daily Beast that she learned about her sister’s murder when her brother abruptly picked her up at a friend’s house.

“I remember I got in the car and he had clearly been crying,” Anna said. “It was not a supernormal thing for my brother to do, and he wouldn’t tell me anything. So I just started naming people. Like, ‘Is it mom, is it our Aunt Karen, or Uncle Joe?’ ‘Is it Anita?’”

“And then he started crying and kind of looked at me and said, ‘She’s dead,” Anna continued. “I just remember the whole car ride, we sat in silence. It was about a 30-minute ride home.”

The grisly murder immediately prompted outrage across North Dakota as authorities scrambled to find her killer, which included taking DNA samples from everyone close to Knutson. Among those interviewed was Anita’s roommate, who told police she was at her “family’s farm by Velva when Anita was murdered,” the affidavit states.

“Statements received from Nichole were inconsistent and contradicted each other. Statements by members of her family were also inconsistent,” investigators added.

Among those inconsistent statements from Rice, according to the affidavit, was her claim that she and Knutson were best friends and that she had never complained about her roommate. A witness told police in September 2008 that, after Knutson’s murder, Rice referred to the deceased teenager as a “fucking bitch” and a “fucking little cunt.”

The same witness also said that she saw Rice at a Rusco bar on June 2, 2007—and that Rice told her she went back to her apartment after to get some clothes. Rice's parents, however, told police that she was at the family farm from June 2 until the morning of June 4.

“There was never enough to arrest her but I would say she was always a person of interest in this case,” Klug said on Wednesday about Rice.

The affidavit notes that police also learned “information regarding [a] party attended by Nichole,” where she allegedly admitted to a man she was dating at the time that she murdered Knutson. Eventually, the mounting evidence prompted authorities to re-interview multiple people involved in the case, including Rice, in 2022.

Prior to Thursday’s arrest, the Knutson case brought lasting trauma to her family—and may have contributed to her brother’s demise. On April 9, 2013, Daniel Knutson died by suicide. Anna said that their sister’s death was particularly devastating for her brother and the incident changed him and “caused a lot of pain.”

“My heart goes out to the family,” Klug said at Wednesday’s press conference announcing the arrest. “I wish we could have solved this sooner, but at the same time, I’m glad to say that we have the person responsible for the murder of Anita Knutson in custody.”

I saw this on dateline on FB and in the comments they were saying the girl arrested has been posting on Anita's support page all these years, wishing her a Happy Birthday and she was the one that killed her.

Sorry, accidental double post, please delete. Also, her brother committed suicide because of his sisters murder, so sad.

https://www.inforum.com/news/the-vau...r-new-evidence

an excerpt from the above link;
    Dealing with the loss of Anita Knutson

For those who knew and loved Anita Knutson, she was a shining star — a devoted daughter, sister and friend who is deeply missed to this day.

“It was hard for everybody — her family, her brother, my classmates, there are still so many people who are heartbroken over it,” Haustveit said. “Even to this day, I still get emotional talking about it.”

For Anita Knutson’s younger brother, Daniel Knutson, the loss was particularly devastating. Due to the close nature of their relationship, many who knew Daniel Knutson claimed her death changed him.

“Unless you knew him, it’s really hard to describe it. He was outgoing, he was funny, he was homecoming king, people loved being around him,” Haustveit said. “And all of that magnetism just died when she died.”

Daniel Knutson died from suicide a year and a half after his sister’s murder. His family and friends link his death to the loss of Anita Knutson.

From Haustveit’s perspective, watching the Knutson family, known for their closeness and kindness, walk through immense grief has been hard for many to wrap their heads around.

“I think what’s so devastating about this too is that this family was just loving and wonderful and beautiful and kind. They lost a daughter, and then shortly thereafter they lost a son, and they’re still fighting to try to figure it out to this day,” she said.

As for who killed Anita Knutson, so many are still at a loss to answer that question. For Haustveit, it’s difficult to imagine that someone who knew her would be capable of taking her life.

“Part of me in a weird way hopes it was a stranger, and not somebody that actually knew her because I can’t imagine if you knew her, you would ever do something like this,” she said.

Knutson was found fatally stabbed, face-down on her own bed, by her father and two maintenance workers at around 5:12 p.m. on June 4, 2007
    Daniel Knutson died from suicide a year and a half after his sister’s murder.
    On April 9, 2013, Daniel Knutson died by suicide.
    What? Did he die in 2009 or 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    What? Did he die in 2009 or 2013?

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...l-dean-knutson

Daniel ‘Rico' Knutson, 22, Minot, formerly of Butte, died Tuesday, April 9, 2013, in his home.

Daniel was born on May 23, 1990 in Garden Grove, California and was adopted by Gordon and Sharon (Fellows) Knutson at four months of age.

He was raised and educated in Anaheim, CA until he moved with his family to Butte, ND in June 2002. Daniel graduated from Velva High School in 2008. He was active in football and baseball, played the saxophone and was honored as Homecoming King.

Daniel was employed by area farmers and beekeepers in the area until joining the oil industry. Currently, he was employed by First Choice Energy as a production tester.

He mastered a set of rollerblades at the age of 3. Daniel enjoyed music and preferred it loud. He enjoyed looking for the perfect tattoo art and could be found enjoying a ride in his ford truck or hitting the lake with his jet-ski. Daniel will be missed by all who shared in his life.

His loving family includes, parents, Gordon and Sharon Knutson, Butte; sisters, Anna Knutson, Fargo, ND and Pam Hagland, Bismarck, ND; brothers, Richard Hickle, Minot, Gary Knutson, Anaheim, CA, Chris O'Riley, Austin, TX and Mark Knutson of Bellingham, WA and his best friend, Levi Heil, Minot.

Daniel was preceded in death by his sisters, Anita and Patty Knutson.

Funeral Service: 11:00 a.m. Monday, April 15, 2013 at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Butte, ND.

Interment: Butte Community Cemetery, Butte, ND

Visitation: Sunday, April 15, 2013, from noon until 5:00 p.m. at the Thomas Family Funeral Home, Minot.

2013, I should of proofread that article before posting lol. Looks like he lost 2 sisters. Poor parents.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SalVal View Post

Daniel ‘Rico' Knutson, 22, Minot, formerly of Butte, died Tuesday, April 9, 2013, in his home.

Daniel was born on May 23, 1990 in Garden Grove, California and was adopted by Gordon and Sharon (Fellows) Knutson at four months of age.

He was raised and educated in Anaheim, CA until he moved with his family to Butte, ND in June 2002. Daniel graduated from Velva High School in 2008. He was active in football and baseball, played the saxophone and was honored as Homecoming King.

Daniel was employed by area farmers and beekeepers in the area until joining the oil industry. Currently, he was employed by First Choice Energy as a production tester.

He mastered a set of rollerblades at the age of 3. Daniel enjoyed music and preferred it loud. He enjoyed looking for the perfect tattoo art and could be found enjoying a ride in his ford truck or hitting the lake with his jet-ski. Daniel will be missed by all who shared in his life.

His loving family includes, parents, Gordon and Sharon Knutson, Butte; sisters, Anna Knutson, Fargo, ND and Pam Hagland, Bismarck, ND; brothers, Richard Hickle, Minot, Gary Knutson, Anaheim, CA, Chris O'Riley, Austin, TX and Mark Knutson of Bellingham, WA and his best friend, Levi Heil, Minot.

Funeral Service: 11:00 a.m. Monday, April 15, 2013 at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Butte, ND.

Visitation: Sunday, April 15, 2013, from noon until 5:00 p.m. at the Thomas Family Funeral Home, Minot.

2013, I should of proofread that article before posting lol. Looks like he lost 2 sisters. Poor parents.
    Thank you for clearing that up.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by SalVal View Post

Not your fault. Sometimes I wonder how smart some of these "journalists" are

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Double.

Not your fault. Sometimes I wonder how smart some of these "journalists" are
    Thank you! I question them myself, so they not even proofread anymore.

Thread Information