Thread: Sage Adams (10) Reported missing in Skagit County WA since 7/7/2020

Sage Adams (10) Reported missing in Skagit County WA since 7/7/2020

https://komonews.com/news/local/sear...north-cascades

MARBLEMOUNT, Wash - The Skagit County Sheriff's office says crews are back out this weekend searching along the Skagit River for a 10-year-old boy who went missing on Tuesday.

The search is now concentrated on the Skagit River using hovercrafts, rafts, and boats donated from various agencies, Skagit County Undersheriff Chad Clark says.

According to the sheriff's office the boy and his father had been camping and kayaking in North Cascades National Park. As they were kayaking on the Skagit River, the father got dumped out of his kayak in some rapids but the boy continued down the river.

The father made it back to shore and began searching but couldn't find his son. The father then hiked all Tuesday night and Wednesday morning to a place where he could get help.

Clark said there is a strong, heavy current on the river right now, and the water is very cold. He said authorities asked Seattle City Light, which operates the Diablo Dam, to lower the river.

The missing boy, identified as Sage Adams, and his family are from the Chehalis area.

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    http://www.chronline.com/search-for-...880041018.html

The search for a missing 10-year-old boy last seen July 7 as he kayaked down the Skagit River east of Marblemount has been called off.

After nearly a week of searching for Sage Adams by water, land and air, the mission to find the missing child eventually turned into a recovery mission and is now being called off pending any new information or sightings of the boy's presumed body, Skagit County Undersheriff Chad Clark said.

Sage and his father, who are from Chehalis, were camping in the area and took their kayaks on the river in the evening of July 7. The boy's father fell out of his kayak near an area of rapids and had to swim to shore on the river's east side, away from the road, Clark said.

The father last saw his son as his son's kayak headed downstream. Unable to cross the river for help, the father had to spend the night in the wilderness before being able to use a log to cross the river last Wednesday morning, Clark said.

The man hitched a ride to the pair's campsite, which was located east of where the father and son had been kayaking near milepost 119. From there, the father drove into Marblemount and called 911.

Since then, the Sheriff's Office -- with help from agencies like the Pierce County Sheriff's Office, the Navy, Coast Guard, and Border and Customs Protection -- has utilized helicopters, aerial drone units, boats, rafts, ground personnel, search dogs, and, eventually, cadaver dogs and dive teams to attempt to locate the boy.

While the boy's kayak and life vest were found during the search, the child has not been.

On Monday, after a weekend of extensive searching, crews from the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office utilized sonar equipment to assist in the search and hit on a point of interest in the river, Clark said.

However, divers from the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office confirmed Tuesday that it was not the missing boy. His family was notified that the search was ending, Clark said.

No foul play is suspected in Sage's disappearance, he said.

"This appears to be a tragic accident on the river," Clark said.

Though the search is officially being called off, Clark said that the Sheriff's Office, which does monthly trainings on the water, will focus those trainings upriver in case the boy's body surfaces.

Wait a minute. They found his kayak (with footprints around it) and then found his life vest in the water. This doesn't make sense. So he wasn't wearing the vest? A ten year old kid, in his own kayak but under adult supervision, in "very cold water," through rapids.... and no life vest? That defies all logic. Whose footprints are around his beached kayak?

Dad says if he made it to land he would have the presence of mind and skills to survive and wait to be rescued. That means [if the footsteps were his] he would have stayed with the [easier to see] kayak that was on the banks of the river upon which he disappeared and where people would be looking for him.

The search has been called off and the whole thing is declared a "tragic accident." It all feels a little off to me... anyone else?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Yeah, I thought something was a little off too when I read the update. It makes me think of the mother who took her kid out in the wilderness of Alaska and the boy died but it was just a 'tragic accident'.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, I thought something was a little off too when I read the update. It makes me think of the mother who took her kid out in the wilderness of Alaska and the boy died but it was just a 'tragic accident'.
    Exactly. I admit, the day and a half trek to get help raised an eyebrow for me. It's either the most heartbreaking Reader's Digest "Drama In Real Life" article, or it's time bought; and I'm not married to either because both are horrifying. I assume the police have looked at the father and cleared him with good reason. But a 10yo boy is missing and the possibility remains that he became legitimately separated from his father and met w/3rd party foul play or an accident. He might even still be alive. I get that the police can't search indefinitely, but I hope people are still actively looking for him. This breaks my heart. No matter the outcome, he deserves to be found.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I have to admit, my first thought was "this would be the perfect cover story for a parent who killed their child" but that may just be because I am jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Thread Information