Thread: Sage Adams (10) found dead over two months after going missing while kayaking on the Skagit River

Sage Adams (10) found dead over two months after going missing while kayaking on the Skagit River

https://komonews.com/news/local/sear...north-cascades

MARBLEMOUNT, Wash - The Skagit County Sheriff's office says crews are back out this weekend searching along the Skagit River for a 10-year-old boy who went missing on Tuesday.

The search is now concentrated on the Skagit River using hovercrafts, rafts, and boats donated from various agencies, Skagit County Undersheriff Chad Clark says.

According to the sheriff's office the boy and his father had been camping and kayaking in North Cascades National Park. As they were kayaking on the Skagit River, the father got dumped out of his kayak in some rapids but the boy continued down the river.

The father made it back to shore and began searching but couldn't find his son. The father then hiked all Tuesday night and Wednesday morning to a place where he could get help.

Clark said there is a strong, heavy current on the river right now, and the water is very cold. He said authorities asked Seattle City Light, which operates the Diablo Dam, to lower the river.

The missing boy, identified as Sage Adams, and his family are from the Chehalis area.

Wait a minute. They found his kayak (with footprints around it) and then found his life vest in the water. This doesn't make sense. So he wasn't wearing the vest? A ten year old kid, in his own kayak but under adult supervision, in "very cold water," through rapids.... and no life vest? That defies all logic. Whose footprints are around his beached kayak?

Dad says if he made it to land he would have the presence of mind and skills to survive and wait to be rescued. That means [if the footsteps were his] he would have stayed with the [easier to see] kayak that was on the banks of the river upon which he disappeared and where people would be looking for him.

The search has been called off and the whole thing is declared a "tragic accident." It all feels a little off to me... anyone else?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, I thought something was a little off too when I read the update. It makes me think of the mother who took her kid out in the wilderness of Alaska and the boy died but it was just a 'tragic accident'.
    Exactly. I admit, the day and a half trek to get help raised an eyebrow for me. It's either the most heartbreaking Reader's Digest "Drama In Real Life" article, or it's time bought; and I'm not married to either because both are horrifying. I assume the police have looked at the father and cleared him with good reason. But a 10yo boy is missing and the possibility remains that he became legitimately separated from his father and met w/3rd party foul play or an accident. He might even still be alive. I get that the police can't search indefinitely, but I hope people are still actively looking for him. This breaks my heart. No matter the outcome, he deserves to be found.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I have to admit, my first thought was "this would be the perfect cover story for a parent who killed their child" but that may just be because I am jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Rest in peace, Sage...

Thread Information