Thread: Boy, 13, fatally shoots younger brother in game of cops and robbers

Boy, 13, fatally shoots younger brother in game of cops and robbers

https://nypost.com/2020/07/10/boy-fa...s-and-robbers/

A 13-year-old Pennsylvania boy fatally shot his 9-year-old brother for not listening to him as they played a game of cops and robbers, state police said.

Brayden Leroy Wright, of Waynesboro, is accused of intentionally shooting his younger brother early Wednesday, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by PennLive.com.

Police responded to the teen's home after he called cops to report that someone had fallen. Paramedics then found Wright's 9-year-old brother in cardiac arrest while bleeding from his head. He later died at Waynesboro Hospital, Trooper Erica Polcha said in an affidavit.

An investigation determined that the muzzle of a gun was touching the boy's head as it was fired, with the bullet entering the 9-year-old boy's skull and exiting through the right side of his head, Polcha said.

Matthew Snyder, the boys' father, told cops he kept two loaded 9mm handguns in an unlocked console of a couch in the living room where his sons were playing early Wednesday, PennLive.com reports.

Snyder said he kept the guns loaded for 'home protection,' the trooper wrote in the affidavit.

During an interview with police, Brayden admitting shooting his younger brother because he 'was not complying with his commands' while playing a game of cops and robbers, Polcha said.

'He admitted to being angry with the victim for not listening to him,' the affidavit reads.

Brayden, who said he knew the gun was loaded, told cops he put the weapon back in the couch console after shooting his brother as he watched videos on his cellphone on a couch, Polcha said.

Blood was found on the gun, which also had another round in its chamber, the trooper wrote.

The teen, who was charged as an adult, was denied bail by a judge Wednesday on charges of homicide and aggravated assault. He's due back in court for a preliminary hearing on Monday, according to PennLive.com.

The boys' guardians, meanwhile, were not facing any charges as of Thursday, WHTM reports.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Father Of The Year!!!

You stupid assbackward piece of shit, now your boy is dead because your "responsible gun owner" ass couldn't secure not just one but TWO loaded firearms.

Jesus Fucking Christ...and you wonder why people have such a problem with others owning guns? This is why, asshole. This. Right. Here.

As a gun owner myself it makes me fucking sick to my stomach that there are people out in society so bewilderingly ignorant as you.

I'm not even going to go into the fact that your child seems to think that using a gun is a great way to solve problems. Just like so many other goddamn ignorant fucking retards in this country.

Nice job asshole. A child is dead, and it is ultimately your fucking fault for leaving two loaded weapons where CHILDREN could easily access them.

What the fuck is wrong with you fucking people? You just don't give a shit about your children?

No, you're just fucking retarded.

How does that fucking freedom taste now, asshole?
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

I don't know how you recover from something like this. Father or son.*

The gross carelessness of the father, the recklessness of the son. Thirteen years old. I have to believe there are deep issues at play here. Tragic.

*The article refers to "guardians" rather than parents. I wonder what the situation is here? Dad doesn't share a surname with the 13yo.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mqcyem-fu...ifpNqJ_6geTLFY

13-Year-Old Accused of Shooting 9-Year-Old Brother Dead Playing Cops and Robbers, Will Be Tried As Adult

https://toofab.com/2020/07/13/13-yea...s-and-robbers/

He was not complying with his commands, so he shot him in the back of the head, police said.

A 13-year-old Pennsylvania boy is to be tried as an adult on first degree murder charges after executing his nine-year-old brother during a game of cops and robbers, according to police.

Brayden Leroy Wright from Waynesboro was charged with first-degree criminal homicide and second-degree aggravated assault on Wednesday, after his little brother was fatally shot in the back of the head.

Police were called to the boys' home at 6am on Wednesday morning after receiving a 911 call from Brayden himself, who told the dispatcher someone had fallen.

When ambulance crews arrived they found the nine-year-old in cardiac arrest, bleeding from a gunshot wound behind his left ear. He later died at hospital.

According to an arrest affidavit by Trooper Erica Polcha, Brayden later admitted he had shot his sibling.

He said he wanted to play cops and robbers, so had retrieved one of the two loaded 9mm handguns their father kept in an unlocked console in the couch in the living room.

But his brother wasn't listening to him, and was lying on the couch watching videos on a cellphone instead.

According to Polcha, Brayden admitted "he pressed the muzzle of the gun to the back left side of the victim's head and squeezed the trigger."

"(He) related he did this because the victim was not complying with his commands while playing cops and robbers. He admitted to being angry with the victim for not listening to him."

The bullet went straight through the boy's skull and out the right side of his head.

Brayden told police he knew there was a round in the chamber, Polcha said.

He said he then put the gun back in the console; police found blood on the muzzle of the gun, and another live round in the chamber.

The boys' father Matthew Snyder told officers he kept the two guns "loaded for home protection", PennLive reported.

The parents, who also have three young daughters, are not currently facing any charges.

A GoFundMe set up by the boys' aunt — which is raising money for funeral expenses as well as legal fees — has almost hit $10k.

She pleaded with commenters to reserve judgment.

"Please no rude comments! My family is going through enough. If you do not agree with what the money is used for then don't donate. He is still just a child also," she wrote.

"So please before you send the horrible, nasty, messages to me just try to understand that they both were sons, nephews, cousins, grandsons, and friends, and we love them both. I stated when I started this that it was for both of them, and if that’s wrong then simply just don't donate, adding hurt on top of hurt is not helping."

Daddy needs to be charged! He is raising a sociopath.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Beyond tragic. I don't know, everybody talks about how difficult it is to raise daughters, but boys - especially 13yo boys - are the worst. Between the fearlessness, the raging hormones, the peer pressure, and the juvenile attempts at manhood... it's like they have no concept of consequences and they do really stupid stuff as a result. Today, my son is a devoted husband and father of four with a successful business, but jeezus.... every fecking gray hair on my head came from him. I lived in constant fear that one of his stupid adolescent impulses, executed without a nanosecond of thought or consideration, would drastically change his life forever (he came close more than once).

I don't agree with trying Brayden as an adult. That's absurd, he's not an adult, he's a 13 year old boy with no impulse control who had access to Dad's weapons. Boys like him are why we have a separate juvenile justice system in the first place. Hundreds of studies have proved conclusively that the human brain undergoes significant development and physical growth throughout adolescence. This is particularly true of the areas of the brain that control emotion and impulse control (the limbic system). The brain isn't fully developed until around 25 years of age and Brayden is only halfway there! There needs to be consequences, but trying a child as an adult makes about as much sense as trying an immature adult as a juvenile - it doesn't work that way.

Now the parents.... they created (or allowed to exist) a dangerous situation in their home. They failed to protect either child, the guilt must be overwhelming. But I liken it to driving drunk with your kids in the car. Maybe you're lucky and nothing happens, but if you get into an accident and kill your kid, well.... you don't get to just walk away from that. I understand there are other children (2 girls?) as well. My heart breaks for this family, it really does.

GFM: https://www.gofundme.com/f/mqcyem-fu...ifpNqJ_6geTLFY
    Last edited by KimTisha; 07-15-2020 at 07:12 AM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    1. If you do not properly secure your guns and your kids get a hold of them and murder, you need to be charged. This happens too many times and people always say that losing the child is punishment enough, but if you have your kid in the car and drive recklessly or drunk and your kid dies in an accident, you WILL go to jail. Why is this any different when it comes to guns and being reckless with them? Not sorry for feeling this way. Not one bit.

2. That kid knew what he was doing. Thirteen years old is WAY old enough and the fact that he acted out a scenario just like the police do to hundreds of innocent people on the daily is a product of what has been allowed.

This whole thing is a disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

KT, I'm so not looking forward to my son growing up after your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Don't stress too much. I have 2 stepsons and they were both such good kids/teenagers growing up. The older one was a TAD challenging a few times, but nothing too crazy. The younger one (that I raised since he was 2 and is now almost 16) has always been the sweetest, easiest kid ever. Maybe I just really lucked out.

I don't agree with this 13 year old being charged as an adult. He may have known his consequences after, but it's hard to say if he really thought out what the outcome would be before he pulled that trigger. Teenagers tend to act on impulse and not think things through. Not saying he should get away with it, but charging him as an adult? I don't agree.

I was just watching that show "Kids Behind Bars" last night. It was about kids/teens who were sentenced to life without parole before the law was passed that you couldn't do that to minors, so they had a chance at resentencing. Some of the stories I felt like they deserved less time for their crimes than the original life without parole, but some....for an example, a 15 year old killed his stepmother and 3 younger stepbrothers. He even put the gun in one of the little boys' mouth and pulled the trigger - that is some cold hearted shit and I felt like even though he was a minor, he should never be released.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    1. If you do not properly secure your guns and your kids get a hold of them and murder, you need to be charged. This happens too many times and people always say that losing the child is punishment enough, but if you have your kid in the car and drive recklessly or drunk and your kid dies in an accident, you WILL go to jail. Why is this any different when it comes to guns and being reckless with them? Not sorry for feeling this way. Not one bit.

2. That kid knew what he was doing. Thirteen years old is WAY old enough and the fact that he acted out a scenario just like the police do to hundreds of innocent people on the daily is a product of what has been allowed.

This, 100 %

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

Thank You!! I knew this sounds way too much like it was straight outta a Police Brutality article given the way the details was going.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Sorry..... You'll survive it. And all kids are different, maybe yours won't be too bad. My experience is totally anecdotal, encompassing my huge family and circle of friends. My stepson did a lot of stupid shit, but he never quite reached the level of stupidity as my son who had elevated it to an art form by the time he turned 17. It's a developmental thing, they outgrow it. Girls go through it too, of course, but my daughter was very different, much more cautious. She was a quiet riot with much better impulse control, so she never got caught. I didn't learn of her transgressions until years later.

Thread Information