Thread: Olivia Jansen (3) found dead after going missing and triggering a statewide AMBER alert

Olivia Jansen (3) found dead after going missing and triggering a statewide AMBER alert

https://fox4kc.com/news/body-of-miss...ck-police-say/

Police have found the body of a missing Kansas City, Kansas, girl whose disappearance triggered a statewide AMBER Alert.

Olivia Jansen was just 3 years old.

KCK Police said her body was found not far from 34th and Steele Road after getting a tip of a body off a trail. The area is just on the other side of Interstate 635 from where police searched most of the day.

Officers are still processing the scene, and they have not formally identified the body, but police are fairly certain it is the young girl.

Olivia?s father walked into the KCK Police Department on Friday morning and reported her missing.

Police said the last time Olivia?s father said he saw her was 11 p.m. Thursday when he went to sleep at his home on Gibbs Road.

When he woke up at 5:30 a.m. Friday, she was gone. The door to the house was open. He reported her missing three hours later.

Throughout the day, investigators searched around two homes less than a mile apart ? one near 44th and Gibbs Road and another near 48th and Ottawa streets. The area is just off of Interstate 635, slightly north of Shawnee Drive.

KCKPD spokesman Tom Tomasic said they have had ?several stories throughout the day? and ?none of them made sense.?

Tomasic was adamant that they will hold the person responsible for this accountable. Hear more from Tomasic in the video player above.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/father-...ansen/33282511

Father, woman booked into jail after police say they believe they've found body of Olivia Jansen

Wyandotte County jail records show Howard Jansen III was booked Friday night on suspicion of first-degree murder and abuse of a child. Formal charges have not been filed.

Early Saturday morning, Wyandotte County jail records indicate Jacqulyn Kirkpatrick was booked on suspicion of first-degree murder and abuse of a child. The case numbers in Jansen and Kirkpatrick’s case are listed as the same on the Wyandotte County jail website.

"It just tears you in half. I don't even know what to think," said Perry Goin, a family friend.

"It's horrible. Obviously, nobody wants this to be the end. There's no way to describe it," Police Officer Thomas Tomasic said.

When the Amber Alert was issued, officers came from west of Topeka to help in the search.

The girl's father went to police around 8:30 a.m., saying when he woke up two hours earlier the back door was open and Olivia was gone.

When asked why the father did not call 911, police said they do not know.

"That's a good question, and that's what we're also trying to ascertain," said Officer Dustin Dierenfeldt.

"We have had several stories throughout the day. None of them made very much sense," Tomasic said.

Officers used K9s, drones and police on foot in search for Olivia. They taped off two separate homes near 45th Street and Gibbs Road and 48th and Ottawa streets to collect evidence. In the end, police said tips led them to the trail in the woods near 34th Street and Steele Road.

"Some of our friends went up that way, and they said they smelled something, but they didn't go that deep," Goin said.

He said he grew up with girl's parents.

"It's the biggest shock ever. I don't understand," Goin said.

No one knows what happened, but they're heartbroken Olivia is gone.

"It's terrible. It breaks all of our hearts," Tomasic said.

Olivia's biological mother is behind bars for a previous offense.

Father booked into jail after search for missing 3-year-old ends in tragedy

https://www.kmov.com/news/father-boo...0116bd472.html

Does it look like he has his daughter's name proudly tattooed on his face?

Yes

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Seriously?! Do I need to start posting missing fliers for Kevin? I'm really getting sick of these dead babies post.
    I'll try my best Kevin impersonation.
    I'd like to nail this guy's hands to a table and slowly, meticulously take off each of his fingernails with a rusty plier. Then, I'd............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................. give Kevin his job back. Thinking of ways to torture people is hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Seriously?! Do I need to start posting missing fliers for Kevin? I'm really getting sick of these dead babies post.
    I'd like to nail this guy's hands to a table and slowly, meticulously take off each of his fingernails with a rusty plier. Then, I'd............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................. give Kevin his job back. Thinking of ways to torture people is hard work!
    He was around this morning. Posted about boy shooting his brother playing cops and robbers. His comment made me miss him too.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    He was around this morning. Posted about boy shooting his brother playing cops and robbers. His comment made me miss him too.
    I see Kevan pop on here and there. In the meantime I will appoint CuriousCat to step in and tell us what Kevan would do anytime he is away.

Kevan-come post with us more often! We need you!

https://fox4kc.com/news/eyewitness-l...year-old-girl/

Sources say an eyewitness led police to the spot where 3-year-old Olivia Jansen’s body was found Friday near 34th and Steele Road.

The KCK girl’s body was found in what police describe as a shallow grave off a path in a wooded area about nine hours after her father, Howard Jansen III, reported her missing Friday.

Sources tell FOX4 if it weren’t for an alert neighbor, Olivia’s body may have never been found.

Family of the eyewitness say he’s on the autism spectrum and didn’t want to talk, but a neighbor who helped him contact police told FOX4 her story.

“He was out doing stuff in the yard,” said the woman, who asked not to be identified for fear of retribution.

She lives near the eyewitness and said he told her that he saw a silver SUV parked by the path around 7:30 a.m. Friday, one hour before Olivia’s father reported her missing.

The man became concerned after seeing video of a silver SUV, allegedly belonging to Jansen’s girlfriend, in a news story about Olivia’s disappearance later that day.

The woman said her neighbor told her: “I thought it was really weird. It was only there for about 10 minutes and then two people got in and took off and peeled off down the street.”

“I said, well you need to go call the TIPS line or something, and he was like, ‘I don’t know how to go about that,'” the woman told FOX4. “So I said, ‘I will take care of it.’ So that’s when I went directly to the police barriers they had up on South 42nd and Gibbs, and I told an officer and they took it from there.”

Shortly after that tip, Olivia’s body was found with what sources say was bruises on her face. It appeared she was beaten.

“If you know something, say it. Don’t be afraid,” the woman said Monday.

Kansas father, girlfriend charged in murder of his 3-year-old daughter

https://nypost.com/2020/07/13/kansas...year-old-girl/

A Kansas father and his girlfriend are facing felony murder charges in the death of his 3-year-old daughter — amid allegations that she was “tortured,” according to reports.

Investigators believe the girl, Olivia Ann Jansen, was killed sometime Thursday, the day before she was reported missing by her father, Howard Jansen III, from her Kansas City home, the Kansas City Star reported.

Just hours later, at about 5:30 p.m. Friday, investigators found a child’s body believed to be Olivia’s in a wooded area roughly nine blocks from her home.

“This is a loss for our community,” Wyandotte County District Attorney Mark Dupree told reporters Sunday. “I implore everyone in this community to stand with this family as they go through one the most tumultuous times, a moment that nobody in life should ever have to go through.”

Jansen, 29, reported his daughter missing early Friday, telling police he last saw the girl at about 11 p.m. Thursday. Jansen told investigators he realized she was gone at 6:30 a.m. Friday, claiming he found his back door open, police said.

Charging documents indicate Olivia was killed sometime Thursday, but authorities have not released details on how she died.

In addition to murder, Jansen and his girlfriend, Jacqulyn Amanda Kirkpatrick, 33, are charged with aggravated endangerment of a child and criminal desecration.

Dozens of people, including the girl’s grandparents, gathered outside the Wyandotte County courthouse on Sunday to demand that Jansen and Kirkpatrick be held accountable in the girl’s death.

“I’m glad it’s first-degree murder, wish it was capital murder, but I wish it could be more,” her grandmother, Elisabeth Jansen, told KMBC. “I want them to pay for what they did to her. This has been going on for months and it didn’t have to.”

Olivia’s grandfather, Howard Jansen II, said relatives tried to “seek help” for the girl and contacted child welfare workers about the alleged “torture” she was enduring, KMBC reported.

Jansen and Kirkpatrick remained in custody Monday at the Wyandotte County Detention Center on $500,000 bond, online records show.

Great. Let down by CPS again. The abuse was reported and they did nothing about it.

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information