Thread: Ronald Delserro (82) shot and killed his neighbors, Guy Alexander Hansman (55) & Harper Hansman (11), after a court ruling over a dangerous dog

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Ronald Delserro (82) shot and killed his neighbors, Guy Alexander Hansman (55) & Harper Hansman (11), after a court ruling over a dangerous dog

https://cbs12.com/news/local/police-...-2-others-dead

Police continue to investigate the shooting in Port St.Lucie that left three people dead and a police officer wounded.

Harper Hansman, who was 11 years old, 55-year-old Guy Alexander Hansman and suspect 82-year-old Ronald Delserro were killed on Monday.

A court ruling involving a dog sparked the shooting.

Police still have the house on SE Morningside Boulevard surrounded with crime scene tape as the investigation into the deadly shooting ramps up. A man who heard the gunfire Monday says he heard at least 20 shots fired.

Bullet holes can be seen in the front window of the house where Monday?s shooting spree took place.

?We were sitting out here talking and we heard gunfire," carpenter Louis Herrmann said.

Herrmann says he was doing some work across the street at Southport Middle School and he says he was shocked to hear so many gunshots in a quiet neighborhood.

"It was loud, it was like a war zone, I guess," he said. "Once they got here, you could hear a significant amount of gunfire. At least 20 to 30 rounds within a couple minutes."

Herrmann says the SWAT team entered the house and a neighbor ran over to where he was standing.

?She said, 'Have you guys seen my husband? I can?t find him. I hope he didn?t do something bad,'" he said.

Port St. Lucie Police say a dispute over a dog sparked the shooting.

A dangerous animal citation obtained by CBS12 News shows the owner of the dog was fined $500 by City of Port St. Lucie Animal Control for ?failure to safely confine in a fence.?

According to the citation, the dog is a female bull mastiff named Roxy.

The sheriff says there was a court hearing about the citation Monday and the judge ruled against the dog owner.

?They all came home from court and then the suspect armed himself and went to the victims? house," St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara said.

The dog's owner went inside and started shooting, and a terrified Harper Hansman in the house called 911.

?If you heard this call come over the radio, it would make the hair on your neck stand," Sheriff Mascara said. "A little girl calls in saying that you know there?s someone shooting in our house. I think my parents are dead. I think my family?s dead."

In the wake of the shooting, the sheriff says there?s a lesson in this tragedy.

?There?s an anger management problem in our society," he said. "People immediately want to do violence or grab a gun or assault someone. It doesn?t pay to do that. I mean there are other ways to resolve your complaints."

Harper and Alexander Hansman were found dead in their home. Police say Delserro was found dead in a second-floor bedroom. A Port St. Lucie police officer who was shot in the arm is recovering and expected to be OK.

Why didn't his wife call the police???? WTF.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Why didn't his wife call the police???? WTF.
    I have a feeling that this was one of those bully type of men, and his wife went along with whatever he did (especially as long as he left her alone)

You're probably right. And 82yo..... they grew up in an era where women shut up and did what their husband's said, even if it wasn't violent and extreme. I never heard my mother question anything my father decided upon. Ever. My husband is pretty amazed that I grew up to question every feckin' thing that comes out of his mouth.

You say alligators are dangerous? Hmmm... lemme Google that....
    Last edited by KimTisha; 07-09-2020 at 10:08 AM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    You're probably right. And 82yo..... they grew up in an era where women shut up and did what their husband's said, even if it wasn't violent and extreme. I never heard my mother question anything my father decided upon. Ever. My husband is pretty amazed that I grew up to question every feckin' thing that comes out of his mouth.
    My mom and dad are were the same, and I am like you!

Thread Information