Thread: Sean K. Fredrickson (48), Neil Lunt (58) and six others were killed when two sight-seeing planes collided over Lake Coeur d'Alene

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

Sean K. Fredrickson (48), Neil Lunt (58) and six others were killed when two sight-seeing planes collided over Lake Coeur d'Alene

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...plane-n1233121

A PGA official and his three children were among the fatalities in the holiday weekend's small plane collision in Idaho, authorities said Tuesday.

Two 16-year-olds, a boy and girl, and an 11-year-old boy were aboard a sightseeing seaplane when it collided with a Cessna Sunday afternoon before both aircraft descended into Lake Coeur d?Alene, the Kootenai County Sheriff?s Office said in a statement.

All eight aboard the two planes are believed to be dead.

The three minors, whose names were not released, were children and step children of Sean K. Fredrickson, 48, of Lake Oswego, Oregon, the office said. The Professional Golfers' Association of America said Monday that Fredrickson was its Pacific Northwest region president.

"Sean was an incredible father, husband, PGA Professional, mentor, and leader," the organization said in a statement. "There are never words to communicate the pain of such a loss."

Sheriff's officials said five of six people aboard the seaplane have been identified; the pilot was Neil Lunt, 58, of nearby Liberty Lake, Washington.

The remains of three of the crash's victims were recovered overnight, sheriff's Lt. Ryan Higgins said Tuesday. Remains of six of eight people believed to have been on the two planes have been recovered so far, he said.

"That?s the number one goal that the sheriff?s department has right now is to find a those last remaining victims and bring some closure to the families," Higgins said.

Two people aboard the Cessna 206, believed to be that plane's only fliers, have been identified, but their names could not be released until family was notified, the sheriff's office said in its statement.

How the hell do planes collide??

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    How the hell do planes collide??
    Good question, I assume they're flying in accordance with Visual Flight Rules (VFR). Somebody not paying attention? The FAA investigation will tell us in about a year.

U2T, can we agree to add tourist planes and helicopters to the list of ways we can't die? Oh, and hot air balloons?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information