Thread: Maria A. Salgado Lopez (59) fell to her death while taking pictures at the Grand Canyon

Maria A. Salgado Lopez (59) fell to her death while taking pictures at the Grand Canyon

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-f...-service-says/

An Arizona woman fell to her death on Friday inside the Grand Canyon National Park. According to the National Park Service, the woman was taking photos with her family at Mather Point when she fell.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-19-2022 at 03:07 PM.

I will be visiting the South Rim later this summer. If you hear that I fell to my death while "taking photos," please know that I was murdered. I will never get close enough to the edge of anything to fall to my death. Nope, not gonna happen.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I will be visiting the South Rim later this summer. If you hear that I fell to my death while "taking photos," please know that I was murdered. I will never get close enough to the edge of anything to fall to my death. Nope, not gonna happen.
    I will watch the news reports closely, and I will call the police to testify immediately if I see anything saying you fell while taking photos!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I will watch the news reports closely, and I will call the police to testify immediately if I see anything saying you fell while taking photos!

Thank you. I should mention that this also holds true for any "accident" where I am alleged to have participated in diving, climbing, skydiving, gliding, or parasailing; or incidents where I allegedly enter open water of my own free will (even in a Zodiac or little boat). I can think of no possible circumstances where I would be engaged in any of these activities. I know it's a pretty long list, but I rest easy knowing you've got my six.

For real though, I can hardly bear to think about the terror of falling from a high height like this. It is one of my greatest fears. Rest in peace, Maria...
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Thank you. I should mention that this also holds true for any "accident" where I am alleged to have participated in diving, climbing, skydiving, gliding, or parasailing; or incidents where I allegedly enter open water of my own free will (even in a Zodiac or little boat). I can think of no possible circumstances where I would be engaged in any of these activities. I know it's a pretty long list, but I rest easy knowing you've got my six.

For real though, I can hardly bear to think about the terror of falling from a high height like this. It is one of my greatest fears. Rest in peace, Maria...
    how about wildlife? Will you be interacting with wildlife?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Don't worry! I can narrow the list down to if I wouldn't do it neither would you. Puzzld, as for wildlife, only if it is in a zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    how about wildlife? Will you be interacting with wildlife?

I swear to you, hand to G*d I deleted this clause from the above because it seemed "over the top" (but apparently not to you!):

"or any situation where I am alleged to have personally interacted with exotic/wild animals."

Thank you for getting me, Puzzld.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Don't worry! I can narrow the list down to if I wouldn't do it neither would you. Puzzld, as for wildlife, only if it is in a zoo.
    Not even in a zoo. The only way I could be killed by an animal in a zoo is if it escaped and I wasn't able to outrun the kindergarten class. Because the only other possibility is that I did something stupid like climbed into an enclosure or stuck my arm thru a fence or something - ain't happening. Once again, it must be murder.

I swear to you, hand to G*d I deleted this clause from the above because it seemed "over the top" (but apparently not to you!):

"or any situation where I am alleged to have personally interacted with exotic/wild animals."

Thank you for getting me, Puzzld.
    We lose more visitors that way. They wanted a closeup of a bison, wanted to pet a cow... Did you know cows kill more people than allegators?And then there are the deer fatalities...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

We lose more visitors that way. They wanted a closeup of a bison, wanted to pet a cow... Did you know cows kill more people than allegators?And then there are the deer fatalities...
    Hell yeah they do! According to Google, about 20 people a year are killed by cows (most of them farm workers who are kicked or trampled). My great grandmother was one of them in 1922. She was pining for Scotland and her husband bought her a cow to remind her of home. It kicked her and killed her. Frankly, he should have bought her a sheep. They take up less room, don't eat as much, and aren't nearly as deadly considering I was unable to find statistics for death by sheep in the US (altho I found several in the UK and Australia). Apparently sheep get pissy too...
    Last edited by KimTisha; 07-08-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Hell yeah they do! According to Google, about 20 people a year are killed by cows (most of them farm workers who are kicked or trampled). My great grandmother was one of them in 1922. She was pining for Scotland and her husband bought her a cow to remind her of home. It kicked her and killed her. Frankly, he should have bought her a sheep. They take up less room, don't eat as much, and aren't nearly as deadly considering I was unable to find statistics for death by sheep in the US (altho I found several in the UK and Australia). Apparently sheep get pissy too...
    https://ourcommunitynow.com/news-nat...e-it-gores-her

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017...stampede-video
    Last edited by puzzld; 07-08-2020 at 12:55 PM.

My friend, friend's kid, and I slept in the parking lot (inside the grand canyon) near the watchtower. We woke up surrounded by moodeer (big animals that look like a cross between a moose and a deer). I enjoyed my time there. I kind of would like to check out the glass bridge next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    My friend, friend's kid, and I slept in the parking lot (inside the grand canyon) near the watchtower. We woke up surrounded by moodeer (big animals that look like a cross between a moose and a deer). I enjoyed my time there. I kind of would like to check out the glass bridge next time.
    One more thing you will NEVER catch me doing.

I've stood on this.
    https://theskydeck.com/
    Going back to the grand canyon talk, I really wished I had bought the cute hoodie I saw there, but it was $60+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

I've stood on this.
    Going back to the grand canyon talk, I really wished I had bought the cute hoodie I saw there, but it was $60+.
    I used to go to tall buildings, just to push myself, but I could never do something like that. The last time I went up Reunion Tower in Dallas https://reuniontower.com/ I thought I was going to have to crawl back to the elevator. The older I have gotten, the worse my fear of heights has become.

You can count on me too.

I used to go to tall buildings, just to push myself, but I could never do something like that. The last time I went up Reunion Tower in Dallas https://reuniontower.com/ I thought I was going to have to crawl back to the elevator. The older I have gotten, the worse my fear of heights has become.
    Me, too! Or just any fear in general. I used to be so fearless as a kid. Now almost everything scares the shit out of me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

No.

Amen, Sister!

I've stood on this.
    Hell, No.

I can relate. I was always wary of heights and would never take careless chances, but wariness graduated to a full blown phobia atop the Eiffel Tower when I stepped off the elevator, gazed at Paris in all her 360 degree glory, and had what can best be described as a panic attack. Completely unexpected and out of left field, a really strange experience. Heights have never been the same.
    Feckin' Eiffel Tower....

Quote Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
    You can count on me too.
    Thank you. Best. Tribe. Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Me, too! Or just any fear in general. I used to be so fearless as a kid. Now almost everything scares the shit out of me lol.
    I think it comes with wisdom and the slow realization of our own mortality. Plus, once we have children we feel obligated to stay alive so we can feed them and instill deeply rooted guilt and shame into their little psyches. I'm not afraid to die, but I don't want to rush it along by exposing myself to unnecessary risks. I might sound hyper-cautious, but I had a career where I constantly measured risk, vulnerability, probability, etc. - so that kind of thinking just bleeds over into everyday life after a while. I (unconsciously) measure risk in everything I see or do. It might sound morbid, but it's kept me alive for a while now.

No.

Amen, Sister!

Hell, No.

I can relate. I was always wary of heights and would never take careless chances, but wariness graduated to a full blown phobia atop the Eiffel Tower when I stepped off the elevator, gazed at Paris in all her 360 degree glory, and had what can best be described as a panic attack. Completely unexpected and out of left field, a really strange experience. Heights have never been the same.
    Feckin' Eiffel Tower....

Thank you. Best. Tribe. Ever!

I think it comes with wisdom and the slow realization of our own mortality. Plus, once we have children we feel obligated to stay alive so we can feed them and instill deeply rooted guilt and shame into their little psyches. I'm not afraid to die, but I don't want to rush it along by exposing myself to unnecessary risks. I might sound hyper-cautious, but I had a career where I constantly measured risk, vulnerability, probability, etc. - so that kind of thinking just bleeds over into everyday life after a while. I (unconsciously) measure risk in everything I see or do. It might sound morbid, but it's kept me alive for a while now.
    https://www.kpax.com/news/western-mo...-running-trail don't believe this is how I met my end!

https://www.kpax.com/news/western-mo...-running-trail don't believe this is how I met my end!
    Oh me neither, absolutely not. I mean, I might get attacked by a bear that got loose in a shopping mall or something, but what's a running trail and why would I be on one?

And.....

I've hi-jacked poor Maria Salgado's thread. If I can figure out how to do it, I'm going to start a new thread called "I'm NOT Gonna Die Like This!"

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Kim Tisha claims to not want to engage with Wildlife while all but extorting me for Baby Opposum videos.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information