Thread: Pop, Lock & Drop It rapper Huey (Lawrence Franks Jr., 32) killed in double shooting near St. Louis

Pop, Lock & Drop It rapper Huey (Lawrence Franks Jr., 32) killed in double shooting near St. Louis

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/enter...ead/index.html

St. Louis rapper Huey, known for his 2007 hit "Pop, Lock & Drop It," was killed in a double shooting, St. Louis County police said Friday.

The shooting took place Thursday in Kinloch, Missouri, a city about 15 miles north of St. Louis, when police were notified that the 32-year-old victim -- whose real name is Lawrence Franks Jr. -- arrived at a local hospital with at least one gunshot wound, police said.

Franks was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival to the hospital, police said. There has been no arrest in connection with the shooting and a motive has not been determined, police said.

"Detectives believe as many as ten other individuals were present in and around the crime scene during the occurrence of this incident. Investigators strongly encourage those that are potential witnesses to please contact them," police said.

A second victim in the shooting went to the Ferguson Police Department and was taken to a local hospital with wounds that police said were not life-threatening.

Huey's hit "Pop, Lock & Drop It" was released in 2007 and spent 23 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at No. 6.

It's not a good time to be a rapper these days.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    It's not a good time to be a rapper these days.
    Or black
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

amen

This makes me sad, that song brings back so many memories!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information